AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 02:22   Link #3981
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

TurnA was once used for errands to ship animals mainly cows and pigs...

TurnX when I first saw it is pretty bad ass in design on my case.

Spoiler for tidy:
Old 2009-08-03, 02:46   Link #3982
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
why does anyone forget that Turn A is also the most powerful Washing machine ever created?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 03:47   Link #3983
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by randus View Post
^The first set of designs tells me that the time line of the Turn A series was supposed to be more modern that what we got in the end. Interesting.
Maybe those clothes were only moonrace clothes, you can never know.
Old 2009-08-03, 03:58   Link #3984
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
why does anyone forget that Turn A is also the most powerful Washing machine ever created?
Probably since this guy designed it.

Old 2009-08-03, 09:18   Link #3985
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Whoa, holy crap.

Early version Harry Ord looks like something from a Batman cartoon. I don't know how I feel about that...

I guess if I never watched Turn A and I had to choose between Kamen Rider style Harry Ord or Batman style Harry Ord, I'd go for Batman, but Kamen Rider Harry Ord really grew on me.

The early designs for Loran intrigue me, I did remember reading in the Turn A thread that Loran was suppose to be a girl in one of the original concepts for the show. So I guess that was not true? Seeing as how Loran started off super manly, and slowly transformed into a more feminie timid character as shown in the designs.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 13:32   Link #3986
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
The early designs for Loran intrigue me, I did remember reading in the Turn A thread that Loran was suppose to be a girl in one of the original concepts for the show. So I guess that was not true? Seeing as how Loran started off super manly, and slowly transformed into a more feminie timid character as shown in the designs.
Well, he IS called "Laura" quite often and he even DOES dress up as a woman sometimes, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 18:45   Link #3987
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
In Turn A's case, "cool" is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I find many of the designs to be quite cool rather than "goofy". Sometimes, it may take some getting used to simply because people are so used to seeing the "typical" Gundam look rather anything different.
I wouldn't say the "original" designs were "typical" Gundam at all... Loran's 1990's western gangsta look and Harry Ord's superhero look definitely weren't Gundam-like at all. They look like something from a western production actually. As opposed to Harry Ord's final design, with the bug eyes and bowl-hair, which isn't bad at all, except it consistently reminds me of the one time he went with a "casual" look. And guys like Corin, his henchmens, those moon hippies, etc., all were pretty goofy looking, even by Gundam standards.
Old 2009-08-04, 02:24   Link #3988
gat-x252
Anaheim Electronics

anyone else wondering what is with the new Seed MSV designs?
they seem to have a random array of colors.
Old 2009-08-04, 14:59   Link #3989
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by gat-x252 View Post

anyone else wondering what is with the new Seed MSV designs?
they seem to have a random array of colors.
How is this different then any of the original mechs in Seed/Destiny
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:31   Link #3990
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

the second image from left to right it tells me that doesn't exist
Old 2009-08-05, 13:11   Link #3991
jonli
JONLIの憂'

What tactical difference or technical improvements does repositioning the dragoon back on the right shoulder have?

Ridiculous.
Old 2009-08-05, 15:23   Link #3992
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

Quote:
What tactical difference or technical improvements does repositioning the dragoon back on the right shoulder have?

Ridiculous.
talking about nu and hi nu gundam?
Old 2009-08-05, 15:40   Link #3993
AaKkisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
talking about nu and hi nu gundam?
Pretty sure he meant the new variant of the providence gundam. Looking at it myself, I don't see how changing it like that could make it the slightest bit better. If anything it severely lowers the amount of movement within the right arm. Granted its a dragoon system so the hands wont be doing a whole lot compared to everything else but during the original show that was the arm that carried the giant gun. The fact that it looks like it can only go back and forth seems to be a giant disadvantage.

With a PhD in Horribleness.
AaKkisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:31   Link #3994
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

oh i see it now. but i think for that msv the gun would be held by the other hand. and i wonder what other weapons it has. I really want a SEED astray anime series and i cannot seem to find the manga translated (the original SEED astray, not the others like x and destiny).
Spoiler for Really large image =o:

PG astray looks pretty cool

Last edited by Kirbyeggs; 2009-08-10 at 15:20.
Kirbyeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:48   Link #3995
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
oh i see it now. but i think for that msv the gun would be held by the other hand. and i wonder what other weapons it has. I really want a SEED astray anime series and i cannot seem to find the manga translated (the original SEED astray, not the others like x and destiny).

PG astray looks pretty cool
Lol's hotlinking is bad.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:44   Link #3996
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Sorry to ask, but has anyone found a better version of this image?
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:23   Link #3997
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:

Ridiculous.
It's like painting flames on it... or coating it all red or gold... it doesn't matter if you stick out like a neon sign in the middle of the battlefield... any of those clearly beneficial aesthetic improvements either will make you faster or closer to being god.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:30   Link #3998
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
It's like painting flames on it... or coating it all red or gold... it doesn't matter if you stick out like a neon sign in the middle of the battlefield... any of those clearly beneficial aesthetic improvements either will make you faster or closer to being god.
Painting something gold is different from giving someone a giant heavy piece of crap on their right shoulder.

Hyaku Shiki was painted gold as a taunt. It's a morale thing.
Akatsuki was painted gold because of the special beam reflector coating, that's a designer's excuse to give Hyaku Shiki tribute.

This giant dragoon pack out of nowhere is just retarded.
Old 2009-08-06, 02:43   Link #3999
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Speaking of early designs of Loran, they only changed his face and not the costume on the ones on the bottom.
Old 2009-08-06, 04:51   Link #4000
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Painting something gold is different from giving someone a giant heavy piece of crap on their right shoulder.

Hyaku Shiki was painted gold as a taunt. It's a morale thing.
Akatsuki was painted gold because of the special beam reflector coating, that's a designer's excuse to give Hyaku Shiki tribute.

This giant dragoon pack out of nowhere is just retarded.
Seriously, mecha designs need to be practical... where is the freaking cup holder!?... and wtf the OS doesn't have solitaire... wtf is a pilot supposed to do floating around in space with a impractically-shaped-giant-humanoid-machine that can miraculously turn on a dime (in space or under the influence of gravity) with only a dozen or so thrusters...

Last edited by ac195; 2009-08-06 at 05:25.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images