AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 15:51   Link #1021
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

How refreshing to hear VAs who can actually sing "live" ... some "live" events are painful to listen to -- this was pretty pleasant.

Wacky gear they were wearing (riffs on the mini-kimono gear). Musically, the instrument skills were certainly no worse than "perky high school band" level.

Now I'm interested to see what else they did.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:03   Link #1022
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
How refreshing to hear VAs who can actually sing "live" ... some "live" events are painful to listen to -- this was pretty pleasant.
Autotune. I have a friend who's gone to sphere's live events who actually has an ear and Toyosaki Aki isn't so great live.

KOTOBUKI MINAKO ON THE OTHER HAND.... HNNNNNNNNNNNNG @ both outfit/singing/she-can-actually-play-her-instrument-decently-wot.
Quote:
Now I'm interested to see what else they did.
tracklist here.

S1 OP+ED were only sung live. Let's Go! had all the girls singing, too. Reminder: Beware of Sanada Asami wwwww

Uhm, I've only seen the clips that are up on nico. I think the video I linked should have links to a few others, otherwise just look here if you can. Or wait for the rips buy the DVD.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 17:05   Link #1023
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
Don't know where to post, but.... Totally forgot about the K-On! girls at Budokan thing. Time sure does fly. Tempted to.... buy....

Some clips of their performance are on nico already. Vast improvement over their previous performance.
Oh, that is awesome...
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 18:33   Link #1024
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

*puts on flame shield*

The only song that I think they didn't play for real is Don't Say Lazy, but... still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcqoVcq79cc

EDIT: At the end who was playing that solo-ish riff thing o.O;

EDIT 2: Yoko Hikasa's voice is reeeeally spot on, there are mistakes but she's a good singer.
Old 2010-06-30, 18:50   Link #1025
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconvenient View Post
*puts on flame shield*

The only song that I think they didn't play for real is Don't Say Lazy, but... still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcqoVcq79cc

EDIT: At the end who was playing that solo-ish riff thing o.O;

EDIT 2: Yoko Hikasa's voice is reeeeally spot on, there are mistakes but she's a good singer.
I'd say they had a band covering for them behind the stage as far as the instrumentation - that's not unusual for this sort of thing.
Old 2010-06-30, 19:04   Link #1026
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Huh, everyone told me it was Budokan, but it's actually at Yokohama Arena? Cooler venue, imho, but re-watching Princess a la mode a few times is probably making me biased right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd say they had a band covering for them behind the stage as far as the instrumentation - that's not unusual for this sort of thing.
If you watched the CM clip, you'd see Sanada Asami/Sawa-sensei headbanging with a guy, iirc. Band also appeared during Let's Go! with the girls there.

So let's look at this. Since they didn't play "Don't say lazy" or "Cagayake!GIRLS" and just sang them, I think it's safe to assume that Curry Nochi Rice, Fudepen ~Ball Pen~, Watashi no Koi ha Hotchkiss, & Fuwafuwa Time were done by the seiyuu themselves and everything else was backed up by the real band. I'm guessing the character songs were done similarly to how Lucky Star!@Budokan did theirs. I'm quite curious about the MCs for the K-On! one.

And I don't trust what technology does these days, though I don't think Pony Canyon would edit Hikasa Yoko's singing as much as, say, King Record does with Horie Yui.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 19:12   Link #1027
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Height Compare

Old 2010-07-01, 19:31   Link #1028
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Height Compare

<snip>
You know, regarding all Mio figurines, it is best to compare their boob sizes, not height.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 19:56   Link #1029
Kudryavka

Quote:
Height Compare

[eat'd]
Hm, those are some high stilettos.

But seriously, that's a major difference; I guess different companies have diff definitions of 1/8, or maybe Alter didn't have Mio's correct height measurements. And on a side note, KyoAni Mio looks very much like the anime counterpart, of course.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:17   Link #1030
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Azunyan, is in the house.

Spoiler for :

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:49   Link #1031
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Azunyan, is in the house.

Spoiler for :
Those strings are killing me. Hey, if you pluck them, do they make a sound? Sorry, I just wanna know.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:57   Link #1032
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You know, regarding all Mio figurines, it is best to compare their boob sizes, not height.
I'll drink to that with this cup and saucer set of Asu~Nyan2. Nendo not included.

Old 2010-07-02, 18:55   Link #1033
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Those strings are killing me. Hey, if you pluck them, do they make a sound? Sorry, I just wanna know.
Sadly no. Prob cost a hellva lot more if they did. :/

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:07   Link #1034
Qikz

Anyone know if anywhere online are doing pre-order bonuses for the game? I know amiami have gone up for pre-order, just wondering about anywhere else.

I'm a sucker for music games.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 02:01   Link #1035
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Shining "SILVER" MUGI-chan

More like fish scales to me.
Old 2010-07-04, 04:16   Link #1036
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
Huh, everyone told me it was Budokan, but it's actually at Yokohama Arena? Cooler venue, imho, but re-watching Princess a la mode a few times is probably making me biased right now.If you watched the CM clip, you'd see Sanada Asami/Sawa-sensei headbanging with a guy, iirc. Band also appeared during Let's Go! with the girls there.

So let's look at this. Since they didn't play "Don't say lazy" or "Cagayake!GIRLS" and just sang them, I think it's safe to assume that Curry Nochi Rice, Fudepen ~Ball Pen~, Watashi no Koi ha Hotchkiss, & Fuwafuwa Time were done by the seiyuu themselves and everything else was backed up by the real band. I'm guessing the character songs were done similarly to how Lucky Star!@Budokan did theirs. I'm quite curious about the MCs for the K-On! one.

And I don't trust what technology does these days, though I don't think Pony Canyon would edit Hikasa Yoko's singing as much as, say, King Record does with Horie Yui.
I think they did pretty well with Fuwa Fuwa Time. For My Love is a Stapler, the intro was a bit messed up.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 05:21   Link #1037
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Shining "SILVER" MUGI-chan
<snip>
Wow, back in page 46.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So I suppose the boyshorts are not made of overlapping lace, but of pure silver sequins?

WIN!!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:50   Link #1038
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for mugi figure pics:
Interesting, I thought it was going to be bare-legged, I'd forgotten she was wearing green hose in the animation with this outfit. That hosiery looks radioactive
Old 2010-07-04, 12:46   Link #1039
Qikz

Just pre-ordered the Yui Nenedoroid from Amiami, I didn't think it was being released for a while but lucky I checked, I've already got Tsumugi and Mio reserved on Hobbysearch for September, so at least I won't miss out on Yui.

I'm trying to save my money, but damnit, I must complete the set. :P

EDIT: I need to read, it's not out until September. :x

Last edited by Qikz; 2010-07-05 at 04:21.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 08:34   Link #1040
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Pretty Amazing how Mio balances here.