AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 18:36   Link #2081
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Come on folks, you want to be pissed, that's why you're reading fiction and that's why you especially read this one. Haruto's friends reacting on the matter the same way you guys do just show it has been intentional to react this way. Seo wants you to think "This is hilarious!" just to redeem Haruto the next moment, Seo's been playing with the reader's narrow view for so long now.
He created a heavily flawed and impulsive protagonist from the beginning, just take a look at the first few pages of this thread, everyone hated him back then, so i don't see this specific decision to move to Tokyo as a suprise. I rather see it as a necessary move to advance the story and what's more important a way ( even though it may seem unrealistic) to bring some change to the setting or do you guys want to see Haruto just make up with Eba and continue with their long-distance relationship for xx chapters?
*Raises hand* I wouldn't mind it lol.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 19:24   Link #2082
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
He could have just gone to Tokyo to straighten things out but instead he would rather move there WTF.
he already did this and it didn't work out, hence the spontaneous extreme decision to live in tokyo.

in any case, it's one of those 'do or die' situations and though the long distance chapters were kind of boring, this is a welcome change of pace
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 21:04   Link #2083
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Come on folks, you want to be pissed, that's why you're reading fiction and that's why you especially read this one. Haruto's friends reacting on the matter the same way you guys do just show it has been intentional to react this way. Seo wants you to think "This is hilarious!" just to redeem Haruto the next moment, Seo's been playing with the reader's narrow view for so long now.
He created a heavily flawed and impulsive protagonist from the beginning, just take a look at the first few pages of this thread, everyone hated him back then, so i don't see this specific decision to move to Tokyo as a suprise. I rather see it as a necessary move to advance the story and what's more important a way ( even though it may seem unrealistic) to bring some change to the setting or do you guys want to see Haruto just make up with Eba and continue with their long-distance relationship for xx chapters?
If I could add to your rep, I would! You really did put things perfectly there.

I am okay with this sudden action, I just hope he doesn't make an ass out of himself. Changing the setting will bring new life to things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
in any case, it's one of those 'do or die' situations and though the long distance chapters were kind of boring, this is a welcome change of pace
"Do or die" is exactly what this is. He's putting all of his chips on one bet.
Old 2010-01-28, 02:04   Link #2084
ZeKeR
Superbad

we'll know for sure... but man if this is roulette, he's taking a BIG risk....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 02:56   Link #2085
ZODDGUTS

Oh man it there was a ntr doujin based on this development we would see Haruto going to tokyo only to see and be shock that Eba going with a guy to a love hotel we get to see a sex scene between the two. He goes back home than ask Nanami to take him back but she says she's already move on and we see her introduce boyfriend they kiss each other and have mad sex in front of haruto. We see a close of Haruto with he's wee wee out fapping with bitter tears crying. The End. Love ntr endings.

Seriously though would love to see Haruto get owned when he gets to Tokyo too see Eba going out with another guy.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 05:46   Link #2086
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Oh man it there was a ntr doujin based on this development we would see Haruto going to tokyo only to see and be shock that Eba going with a guy to a love hotel we get to see a sex scene between the two. He goes back home than ask Nanami to take him back but she says she's already move on and we see her introduce boyfriend they kiss each other and have mad sex in front of haruto. We see a close of Haruto with he's wee wee out fapping with bitter tears crying. The End. Love ntr endings.

Seriously though would love to see Haruto get owned when he gets to Tokyo too see Eba going out with another guy.
You perfectly described Sayuki no Sato. LoL. That being said, Haruto is such a jerk
Old 2010-01-28, 05:48   Link #2087
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
You perfectly described Sayuki no Sato. LoL. That being said, Haruto is such a jerk
Heh still haven't "read" that series still waiting for them to finish scanlating the final 4 chapters. I have checked out Sanbun other works though.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 08:07   Link #2088
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

That is really messed up. You'd have to be pretty sadistic to write that sort of story.

I'll be sure to stay away from those.
Old 2010-01-28, 08:37   Link #2089
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That is really messed up. You'd have to be pretty sadistic to write that sort of story.

I'll be sure to stay away from those.
The world is not perfect i read plenty of manga where a male lead similar to Haruto gets screwed in the end. Yep lifes not fair so authors dont mind adding a bit sadistic circumstances to their writing.

Now i will welcome the change to Tokyo from a reading perspective. My original comment is based on a real situation iv seen happen in my life that damn close to the situation Haruto has found himself in and lets just say this person didnt listen to anyone didnt even consider the consequences and well things ended pretty nasty and he was stuck where he was he couldn't come back.

So yes i do recognize that this is the best way to advance the story i was merely pointing out 1. Haruto stubbornness and 2, his immaturity. But hes got ballz so i guess that enough for him to complete his crusade to liberate Eba. We all know he is probably going to get owned by circumstances he does not understand when he gets there and Eba given her personality wont be very forthcoming with details. Its going to funny as hell i dont mean to laugh at his pain but like i stated looking at him just reminds me of my friend who did some of the same things years ago and that was painful to watch.

I actually will miss seeing Nanami i think she was a very sweet girl and one hell of catch hopefully she get Haruto and find herself a nice guy.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:13   Link #2090
velvet nightmare

if she does have a boyfriend in tokyo it'll be an easy out for the author (in a negative way), it'll be like suzuka in where the male dates another girl in front of the one he actually likes, and it'll be reversed where haruto is now chasing eba like she did at the beginning of the story to him. if that does happen, the story would leave a bitter, stale taste to it
Old 2010-01-28, 22:42   Link #2091
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
The world is not perfect i read plenty of manga where a male lead similar to Haruto gets screwed in the end. Yep lifes not fair so authors dont mind adding a bit sadistic circumstances to their writing.
I meant the use of sex with both girls and how he was fapping to it at the end. I've read a lot of sour mangas too, but I guess I'm just a softie at heart.

Quote:
I actually will miss seeing Nanami i think she was a very sweet girl and one hell of catch hopefully she get Haruto and find herself a nice guy.
<3 Nanami

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
if she does have a boyfriend in tokyo it'll be an easy out for the author (in a negative way), it'll be like suzuka in where the male dates another girl in front of the one he actually likes, and it'll be reversed where haruto is now chasing eba like she did at the beginning of the story to him. if that does happen, the story would leave a bitter, stale taste to it
It would be horrible and since it's not Seo's style, I don't see it happening.
Old 2010-01-28, 23:34   Link #2092
velvet nightmare

actually it just hit me that this series was shounen, it always felt like an open slice of life kind of deal especially at the beginning
Old 2010-01-29, 08:09   Link #2093
Dark Mage

Quote:
Heh still haven't "read" that series still waiting for them to finish scanlating the final 4 chapters. I have checked out Sanbun other works though.

LoL yeah, I checked out the raws and like other Sanbun works Sayuki no Sato had a very "RAGE" ending. I can tell you this though, that mother in SnS, is the worst mother among a long line of bad mothers in Sanbun works

About Haruto, all I can say is, his obsession with Eba, is "unhealthy" and I really would love it, if Eba really got herself a boyfriend. Although I know Haruto is bound to end up with Eba, I hope he gets alot of hurt for being a jerk to all his well-wishers, like Akari, Nanami, his parents everyone, he is like a fanatic little kid obsessiving over its lost toy

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-01-29 at 13:19.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 10:50   Link #2094
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
LoL yeah, I checked out the raws and like other Sanbun works Sayuki no Sato had a very "RAGE" ending. I can tell you this though, that mother in SnS, is the worst mother among a long line of bad mothers in Sanbun works

About Haruto, all I can say is, his obsession with Eba, is "unhealthy" and I really would love it Eba really got herself a boyfriend. Although I know Haruto is bound to end up with Eba, I hope he gets alot of hurt for being a jerk to all his well-wishers, like Akari, Nanami, his parents everyone, he is like a fanatic little kid obsessiving over its lost toy
Is there a fine line between love and obession
Old 2010-01-29, 11:51   Link #2095
mammothb

giving up the idea that akari will ever fall in love with haruto, i hope that there will be more interactions between the three childhood friends and maybe all three will try and see eba.

i sometimes feel that haruto is brainless, but other than that he is a pretty nice guy(who doesn't wan to accept reality :/ )
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:58   Link #2096
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Is there a fine line between love and obession
Indeed, indeed. I don't think Haruto is obsessed. If he was, he wouldn't have gone to the cooking club and all. It was the cliche letter that set him on this path, not obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
giving up the idea that akari will ever fall in love with haruto, i hope that there will be more interactions between the three childhood friends and maybe all three will try and see eba.

i sometimes feel that haruto is brainless, but other than that he is a pretty nice guy(who doesn't wan to accept reality :/ )
It would be interesting if they decided to go to Tokyo with Haruto. It'd give him some base to hold onto, but I think his sister will provide that role. I can't see all of them going, it'd be dumb and against what they just told Haruto too.
Old 2010-01-29, 12:47   Link #2097
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ok, enough with the roid raging already, we all knew that Kanzaki isn't the main girl, she's the "honoka" of the series. We wouldn't have much of a story being the two mains, if all Haruto did was sit around in Hiroshima.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 21:41   Link #2098
justavisitor

I like Akari XD

Come on, Seo, change the main heroine now!!! The title of this manga matches perfectly with Akari anyway
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 22:13   Link #2099
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It really would be refreshing if the end girl was not the first, hell, it be really refreshing if he meets the end girl half way through and the first girl was his learning experience and all. Shiho end anyone?

Not in a million years? Yeah, I know. I can still dream though!
Old 2010-01-29, 22:42   Link #2100
justavisitor

true, it would be really refreshing...A town where you live=you never realize how important that girl is to you=Akari

ok, I go back to daydreaming
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life