AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-06-20, 11:21   Link #101
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
I'm rather inclined to think the Yukito is Ryuuya's descendant, seeing as they were the one charged with freeing Kanna and not anyone else. =/
It's not the best reasoning around, but yeah.
There is no need to even think, Yukito IS the descendant of Ryuuya and Uraha. If the text in the game hasn't already made that clear, Kyo-Ani made sure to add the montage of images showing Yukito in the background while Uraha explains her "master plan" to save Kanna in episode 9, dispelling any doubts of that fact. Besides, don't you find the doll that Uraha knitted looks very familiar?

Quote:
And Yukito feeling Ryuuya's slash could be due to the curse. IIRC, the curse doesn't only work for Misuzu but for whoever gets close to her as well.
I'm of the same opinion. It just so happens that Yukito is also the descendant of Ryuuya and the (at first unknowing) successor to his ancestors' will. Apart from that, it's not impossible that anyone else that got too close to Misuzu would also encounter the same literally painful vision of Kanna's past as well.

This was the main reason why Misuzu tried her best to not tell Haruko about her dreams after Haruko returned.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 20:41   Link #102
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Those are some very good points about Yukito/Ryuuya's scar as related to the curse.

I was also thinking, even if reincarnation wasn't the norm in the AIR world, could Kanna have still reincarnated as the little girl at the end of ep. 12 even if the curse had been broken? What if that was one final reincarnation that takes place after the curse is broken, to fulfill her mother's wish that she, Kanna, may live like a normal human girl without suffering the burden of the winged ones (ep. 9)? Then that girl in ep. 12 may really be Kanna, freed from the curse, and given one more chance at life so that she may experience what her mother had wished for her. And perhaps Yukito, as the descendant of Ryuuya who finally succeeded in breaking the curse, was chosen to accompany her one last time.

So many possibilities...

Btw, I finally finished the series (except for the recap episode...hope I'm not missing much, lol). There's just something charming about watching it in the heat of summer. Too bad I'm nowhere near the sea, and my summer vacation consists of me working 8 or more hours a day in a laboratory assisting in research on Alzheimer's disease. Which Misuzu seemed to have...I must try my best for her sake. :P

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2007-06-21 at 00:42.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 12:26   Link #103
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Actually, I like the anime a lot, but I expected the ending to be something more, well, magical. I want Sora to be a human again and go back to being Yukito.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 14:19   Link #104
Mokona
I love anime!

mokona thinks

but still it was such a beautifull and sad ending
Mokona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 03:34   Link #105
Sesshys Sazzy Angel
The 13th Ice Angel

i died when Misuzu and Kanna died T-T i couldnt stop crying my heart out..... and like is there going to be a 2nd season?/ coz it like stopped with the 2 kids walking off or did it just left us with that??
Sesshys Sazzy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 16:03   Link #106
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshys Sazzy Angel View Post
i died when Misuzu and Kanna died T-T i couldnt stop crying my heart out..... and like is there going to be a 2nd season?/ coz it like stopped with the 2 kids walking off or did it just left us with that??
Watch the frivolous Summer Specials - they're the antidote to the sad ending.

I can't imagine there being a second season. The original series was too short though, they could have told the story better if they'd been able to take their time a bit more at some points in the story. Well maybe.

Although not everyone agrees, I recommend watching the movie too, simply because it does shed a bit more light on the story by retelling it from a different point of view, and so makes up a bit for some of the shortcomings of the TV series.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 04:55   Link #107
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thinking about it, I can't say I agree. Many of the points had their fair share of exposure, any more and it would have been unnecessary. Though I suppose some of them could have been more detailed.
Old 2007-08-15, 18:17   Link #108
Wuya

im scared to watch it again...
i really don't want to be depressed for 2 weeks again...
xD

!!!
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 00:47   Link #109
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

so sad, so sad, i actually cried.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 01:51   Link #110
Wuya

so sad so sad indeed...
after seeing it a second time, i now understand more of the "sweet" part of the bitter sweet ending.

I have to say, my conclusion about the end results definately leaves the possiblity of not the ideal ending.
I do think that only one curse is definatley broke while the other one may be on going...

So if Yukito/Ryuuga was re-incarnated through time and space along with Misuzu/Kana, the curse on Kana on not being able to make friends is lifted, but the ocean may not have drained into enough bowls yet... meaning the re-incarnatino for Kana is not definately over... so there may be more vessels before the last bit of the soul of the wing being can be placed in a human safely for that human to live out a full and happy life. Since it didnt directly tell if the reincarnation process was done... it will remain unanswered.
But though Yukito died, his re-incarnated self will carry out the remaining will... through his decendants, if Kana's reincarnation curse was not broken, they will make sure each of the reincarnation of Kana lived a happy life and continue until the "last bit of water" (angel's soul) does not overflow when poured into the "bowl" (human vessel)...
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 02:03   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Seriously, just hearing the piano interludes and themes make me tighten up
Old 2007-08-18, 04:57   Link #112
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

it kind of reminds me f the bittersweet ending of chrno crusade

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 20:38   Link #113
genesis78
shadow lurker

Send a message via AIM to genesis78
just finished the series, specials and movie, im about to start the game and thanks to agth and atlas, ill actually understand the text. though all my questions have been answered so far thanks to reading the thread, ill say i really liked the show, though i was annoyed at the end beecause yukito was still a crow >_<, still, amazing series overall and def one of my favs
genesis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 01:39   Link #114
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Finally finished the last 7 episodes of the series. I'm gonna have so much staying awake later on in the day.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:07   Link #115
ElecNinja

Wow, that actually brought water to my eyes.
One of the not-so happy endings.

Really surprised me. I thought it was going to be a nice little happy ending with Misuzu living. But, she died.

O.O
But after she died, the part after seemed like a happy ending. Which, quite confused me. It's like a sad happy ending.
ElecNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 04:16   Link #116
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I am re-watching Air again... and still, I am amazed at the quality of the sky scenes...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 06:27   Link #117
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecNinja View Post
Wow, that actually brought water to my eyes.
One of the not-so happy endings.

Really surprised me. I thought it was going to be a nice little happy ending with Misuzu living. But, she died.

O.O
But after she died, the part after seemed like a happy ending. Which, quite confused me. It's like a sad happy ending.
That's because now Kanna's reincarnations will be able to make friends without dying. In addition, there's still hope that Sora will be able to find Kanna and dispel the curse that's forcing her to reincarnate into human bodies that just end up dying before the age of 16.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 17:41   Link #118
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
There's a bit where it's explained in the game that if the last child of the stars (winged being) can manage to get happy memories, the passing of memories of the stars will be stopped. Since the winged beings are burdened with this task, I guess it's safe to say that the burden has been lifted since Misuzu has finally managed to attain happiness in the end. No more memory passing means that the next re-incarnation can finally lead a normal human life. This is true I suppose since the girl in the epilogue doesn't appear to remember anything at all from her previous lives while the boy strangely does.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 17:59   Link #119
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou
That was exactly what I didn't feel though. At the end of episode 12 I did feel that their sacrifices were all for nothing, that was what made it so depressing. It was only through reading lots of other opinions on the series that I began to see it was possible to find a positive interpretation of the events, and although I now feel the curse probably was broken, I'm still damned if I can explain it to anyone else in a way that sounds convincing. For one thing, if in principle it is impossible for a human to contain the soul of a winged being, then only by stopping the cycle of reincarnation can Kanna find peace, yet we apparently see another incarnation at the end.. unless the little girl is meant to be someone else, eg. Uraha?
Super late response but well, yeah. I could see where you were coming from. The anime wasn't clear on several details but the game went more in depth so we would be more clear at least about the ending. In regards of the soul of winged being, see my previous post. In the end, I believe that Kanna is given another chance to lead a normal human life in which she can be finally together with Ryuya (if the boy IS really him) due to Misuzu and Yukito sacrificing their lives to reach their respective goals. I guess we can also infer that Sora/Yukito managed to find Kanna somewhere in the vast sky otherwise, those kids wouldn't be together.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 00:28   Link #120
HaZzArD
Kenpachi FTW

Send a message via AIM to HaZzArD
The ending made me cry like a baby, i didn't cry like that since Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien , when haruka and takayuki said there goodbyes at the end of the show...:'(
HaZzArD is offline   Reply With Quote