AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 35 39.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 34.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-06, 04:02   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Another - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Another, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:02   Link #2
Horse

Spoiler for ep5:

Next week: ef - a tale of memories.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:03   Link #3
konart

Spoiler for death of the week + ep6 preview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Spoiler for ep5:

Next week: ef - a tale of memories.
Spoiler for explanation:
Old 2012-02-06, 14:10   Link #4
EroKing

Not only Mei is human but also lives in that doll house as I had thought. Finally a lot of questions were answered this week. She is or rather was being ignored as if she doesn't exist as a countermeasure to whatever the curse is that's killing everyone. Supernatural force certainly confirmed to be present. The class failing to have warned Sakakibara eventually set the trigger off to those deaths. Now I guess Sakakibara will focus on how to get rid of the curse and the best thing for him to do would be to figure out what exactly happened to the Misaki that died 26 years ago.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:21   Link #5
sikvod00

I'm glad more information has been revealed to Sakakibara (and the viewers) so now he can act more wisely. I was tired of people getting killed because he's so obsessed with finding more stuff out about Misaki (dude has a one-track mind when it comes to her). Couldn't he figure out a simple pattern like that? Well, now there's no excuse for him.

I will admit, even though she only brings death and misery to everyone around her, Misaki looked adorable in those casual clothes at home.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:25   Link #6
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for explanation:
Spoiler for Hmmm:

Last edited by Horse; 2012-02-06 at 14:42.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:29   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ah some questions have been answered. I think Kouchi should go the Mei route and not go to school anymore or only drop in now and then. If they're going to treat him like doesn't exist what's the point of going to school. So they just have to find the dead person in class to stop it?
Old 2012-02-06, 14:47   Link #8
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Ah some questions have been answered. I think Kouchi should go the Mei route and not go to school anymore or only drop in now and then. If they're going to treat him like doesn't exist what's the point of going to school. So they just have to find the dead person in class to stop it?
The point going to school or university is to listen to lectures, I think He can't ask teacher quetions though, so it's not very productive, yeah.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:48   Link #9
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Wow, I know Mei is cute but it doesn't mean you'll have a heart attack just thinking about her To be honest, glad to see Sakakibara finally getting it, but a bit disappointed that at least for some part, there are supernatural forces at play. I mean, how else could you explain a fatal heart attack at the exact moment he's going to spill (it's going to be silly and too convenient otherwise).

Being ignored like that sucks for Sakakibara I guess, but at least he still has Mei with him...
Old 2012-02-06, 14:53   Link #10
Ray
Garnet

Mei. Is. Real! Oh god, that revelation alone fills me with joy. Now I just need a happy end for Mei X Kouichi, after everything has been resolved, of course.

Oh god, Mei's room is pretty awesome. Excluding that creepy red-eyed doll, of course. She looks so adorrrable in her casual clothes; and well, more human I guess. The paleness is still a little off putting.

Izumi is pretty stupid to not have let in Sakakibara in on the whole 'the class has to ignore a certain person or else will die' thing. I don't know, it might've helped save a few lives.

Quote:
Spoiler for Hmmm:
Ew. I'm really hoping the extra person isn't our protagonist because that would be so damn boring.

I wonder if Mei's doll eye is able to see who the 'other' is.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-02-06 at 16:50.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:57   Link #11
PringlesXD
Delicious Can of Chips

Send a message via MSN to PringlesXD
Best. Episode. Ever. They finally explained some things to us, and Mei is just so darn cute!
Old 2012-02-06, 14:58   Link #12
Goggen

Quote:
Spoiler for Hmmm:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-06, 15:01   Link #13
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Eh.:
Old 2012-02-06, 15:02   Link #14
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Now I don't know if I'm just not getting the school system here or what but shouldn't most of the kids know eachother from previous years? How can they not know who the 'extra' is?
You were not listening... ehm reading properly. Misaki told Sakakibara, that when the dead person comes, the memories of all people in school are altered, so they never know who the extra dead student is.

My woe with this explanation is, it is way too far fetched for anybody to figure it out. I mean, so every year they are short on one desk and chair. How does that lead to the conlusion, they have an extra dead student walking among them and their memories are changed? I mean, to me the curse starts with "one missing desk"... you know what I mean? And not with the most unlikely explanation out there, that looks like it came from a B rated horror book for teenage girls. I think they could have done a better job explaining the extra student in the class.

So Misaki is alive.... interesting. Because there was that one scene, where Sakakibara went to talk to her and was standing at the window, the class was watching him how he whispers to Misaki and when they showed the scene from the perspective of the other students, Misakis desk was empty. Now.... this could either be symbolism... or I dont know....
Old 2012-02-06, 15:03   Link #15
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for death of the week + ep6 preview:

Spoiler for explanation:
That makes sense, but I don't think I understand the exact mechanics behind it or even whether we're supposed to understand at this point.

Spoiler for :

Gonna have to rewatch this episode. Feels oddly paced to me anyway, like it was only half of an episode.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:10   Link #16
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
You were not listening... ehm reading properly. Misaki told Sakakibara, that when the dead person comes, the memories of all people in school are altered, so they never know who the extra dead student is.
Brainfart on my part like I said in my previous post. I either misinterpreted or was already scratching my head hard at Mei's explanation.

Quote:
So Misaki is alive.... interesting. Because there was that one scene, where Sakakibara went to talk to her and was standing at the window, the class was watching him how he whispers to Misaki and when they showed the scene from the perspective of the other students, Misakis desk was empty. Now.... this could either be symbolism... or I dont know....
That desk was not necessarily empty. From what I saw that was an angle they went for to keep her existence ambiguous.
Spoiler for said scene:
Old 2012-02-06, 15:14   Link #17
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post

Unless Sakakibara's presence puts them at plus one and his acknowledgement of Mei then moves them to plus two, meaning when the second kid this episode died then they should be at a proper number. But then why the need to ignore Sakakibara?
I think that once the curse is triggered, then it doesnt matter how many students there are NOW. The class started with one student way too many, namely Sakakibara and hence the curse got triggered.

I dotn understand that if they were fine with ignoring Mei and obviously they take this business seriously, why didnt they ignore Sakakibara too. Right from the start?
Old 2012-02-06, 15:20   Link #18
Dark Wing

Well I understood the explanation just fine myself...Among the students in the class their is a ghost who apparently doesn't want to be ignored so as long as they ignore one of the presents of one of the other students the curse will not kick in.

However the moment someone recognizes this student exist the student or someone close to them dies.

Quote:
Misakis desk was empty. Now.... this could either be symbolism... or I dont know....
Actually that was just some students head in the way and you couldn't see Mei because of him...

Quote:
I dotn understand that if they were fine with ignoring Mei and obviously they take this business seriously, why didnt they ignore Sakakibara too. Right from the start?
Remember what was said last episode they never had this happen before so they had no idea what to do about it.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:31   Link #19
hoarfrost

Quote:
I think that once the curse is triggered, then it doesnt matter how many students there are NOW. The class started with one student way too many, namely Sakakibara and hence the curse got triggered.

Oh, I wasn't paying attention. It is one person per month after the curse it triggered regardless. But yes, that does beg the question of why they were so lax on countermeasures this time around if they knew they were getting an extra student.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:34   Link #20
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
It is one person per month after the curse it triggered regardless.
And yet didn't Mei say
Spoiler for :

I don't know. I'm just starting to think Mei's whole explanation is full of shit, lol.
Closed Thread