AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 12:06   Link #701
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Its probably because they never got around to making the Mark VII because of the disruption of Reach and earth getting heavily smacked hard, which was probably a heavy development center for Mjolnir armor. Going with something like an upgraded Mark VI was probably seen as more practical.
No, there was at least one developed MJOLNIR Mark VII, which is used by Naomi-010.
Old 2012-11-24, 12:40   Link #702
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, there was at least one developed MJOLNIR Mark VII, which is used by Naomi-010.
It was still undergoing testing and was fielded during Halo: The Thursday War. Still in the prototype phase in 2553. Considering Halsey was building the Infinity and was labeled a War criminal, more than likely she couldn't finish it. Other than that, the Mark VII cost more than a Longsword fighter. Very very expensive.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 13:45   Link #703
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

SO Ep.04 trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-25, 01:21   Link #704
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oh the hypocrispy.

Sarah Palmer "Oh so we're letting the war criminal touch the artifact now are we?"

No offense b**** but those augmentations and armour you've been given came to fruition because Halsey made the hard choices in order to ensure the survival of the human species and the UNSC. Halsey is literally the "mother" of the entire Spartan Program. Nothing could've been possible was it not for her. As Col. Jackson who initiated the Spartan III program admitted, Halsey provided the successful prototype and the foundation necessary for the next step.

It's not like she carved out some sort of genocide camp or tortured kids for her own leisure.

Sorry it's just mind boggling, where is the Halo universe intending to go with Halsey?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 07:01   Link #705
Helius

Well you could say the same about a lot of nazi scientists like von Braun, father of modern rocket science, who was complicit in using slave labourers for making rockets. Had he and his fellowed scientists not surrendered to the US and agreed to cooperate they would've been tried and probably executed as war criminals as well.

Or J Edgar Hoover, who attracted countless controversies and accusations for using underhand methods to quell communism in America, but he also played a central role in shaping the FBI to what it is today.

In Halsey's case, ONI decided she was more trouble than she was worth and refused her involvement in the Spartan IV programme (she probably didn't want any part of it either). So, yes it's hypocritical and when a person has outlived his use, his sins are what people would remember him for, not his good deeds.

To quote Harvey Dent: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 07:41   Link #706
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

surprised his hair didn't grow longer. Just give Chief a good shave, haircut, warm shower, some sleep, and he'll be look'n mighty fresh.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 07:42   Link #707
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Well you could say the same about a lot of nazi scientists like von Braun, father of modern rocket science, who was complicit in using slave labourers for making rockets. Had he and his fellowed scientists not surrendered to the US and agreed to cooperate they would've been tried and probably executed as war criminals as well.
Bad analogy. If we ARE to invoke Godwins Law and say Halsey is a Nazi (which I don't think is all that appropriate), then she didn't surrender to the Americans. She surrendered to the Gestopo headed by Himmlers, who in a cosmic fit of insanity, decided that they were upset about Nazi war crimes.

What's really funny about Glasslands is that the majority of the new characters Traviss introduces, who all of course, vilify and condemn Halsey for the SII program...are all themselves involved in black ops missions to arm the radical Elite faction that wants to wipe out humanity, in order to destabilize Elite society as a whole.

Protip. People outfitting the bloody space Taliban with nukes aren't in any position to condemn someone for kidnapping children to turn them into humanity saving super heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
surprised his hair didn't grow longer. Just give Chief a good shave, haircut, warm shower, some sleep, and he'll be look'n mighty fresh.
He DID spend some time on the infinity on Requim between missions...quite frankly, if I was Del Rio I'd have ordered Chief unsuit and go through decontamination on principle. Before being found again on Requim, Chief was last known as going into close combat with the Flood. You...can't be too careful.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 07:53   Link #708
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:

He DID spend some time on the infinity on Requim between missions...quite frankly, if I was Del Rio I'd have ordered Chief unsuit and go through decontamination on principle. Before being found again on Requim, Chief was last known as going into close combat with the Flood. You...can't be too careful.
True, but i'm not sure they would be worried about flood, the fact he was put into cryo, then awoken to be shot by covies, and then after the mist of that burned through the atmosphere. Surviving a almost fate crash onto a Forerunner planet that hate flood (at this point I don't think any signs of flood would even survive). Beside on board A.I and Cortana would have picked up anything. But same here Chief is probably a mess... last time he was unsuited was at the start of Halo 2 0.o
Old 2012-11-25, 08:04   Link #709
Helius

Quote:
Bad analogy. If we ARE to invoke Godwins Law and say Halsey is a Nazi (which I don't think is all that appropriate), then she didn't surrender to the Americans. She surrendered to the Gestopo headed by Himmlers, who in a cosmic fit of insanity, decided that they were upset about Nazi war crimes.

What's really funny about Glasslands is that the majority of the new characters Traviss introduces, who all of course, vilify and condemn Halsey for the SII program...are all themselves involved in black ops missions to arm the radical Elite faction that wants to wipe out humanity, in order to destabilize Elite society as a whole.

Protip. People outfitting the bloody space Taliban with nukes aren't in any position to condemn someone for kidnapping children to turn them into humanity saving super heroes.
You missed my point. What I was saying is that for someone (ONI) to be in a position of power, power which allows them to determine a person's fate, they tend to use that person (Halsey) for every bit of his worth to accomplish their agenda, and then discard of him and denounce him as a scum of the earth type of criminal so as to protect themselves and their interests.

When one person goes against the whole establishment, it's the powerful and the unscrupulous who always come out on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're referring to the Spartan Halsey's talking to in the trailer, that's Thorne, one of the Majestics.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 10:39   Link #710
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Spoiler for A Legendary Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-25, 12:06   Link #711
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Concerning Halsey--you guys keep remarking about how she did it to ensure the survival of humanity. I'd like to remind that this simply isn't true; the Spartan-IIs were created before the Covenant attacked Harvest. They had been created to deal with Insurrectionists. That they were created in time to deal with the Covenant is purely luck and coincidence.
Old 2012-11-25, 12:22   Link #712
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Concerning Halsey--you guys keep remarking about how she did it to ensure the survival of humanity. I'd like to remind that this simply isn't true; the Spartan-IIs were created before the Covenant attacked Harvest. They had been created to deal with Insurrectionists. That they were created in time to deal with the Covenant is purely luck and coincidence.
True, but still. Among all the people of the human race other than the Spartans who else contributed to humanities survival the most. Her research was also very important as well, the creation of Cortana, the creation of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, and many others.

The advancements of Smart AIs was largely responsible due to Halsey.

The research of Covenant and Forerunner technology done by Halsey highly benefited humanity. Allowing the creation of weapons and tactics against the Covenant.

Cortana, who was made by Halsey, holds the place as probably the most important AI during the Human Covenant War.

The Spartans originally didn't have armor, most would have perish without the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-11-25 at 13:03.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 19:09   Link #713
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're referring to the Spartan Halsey's talking to in the trailer, that's Thorne, one of the Majestics.

I'm talking about Master Chief, you can tell his hair is still pretty short (no hair near his forehead) with months of battles without taking his suit off. But on the ONI topic, the're pretty sketchy.. For those who didn't read the new book, it talks about post-war (Halo-4 time) ONI making deals with Covie rebal groups (supplying them with weapons) so that they can fight Thel, meanwhile UNSC clueless to what ONI is doing, and help Thel's forces fight the rebel Covie extremest.
Spoiler for More indepth:
Basically soo much double crossing is going on.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-11-25 at 19:42.
Old 2012-11-25, 21:06   Link #714
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
True but one thing to point out was the reasoning was that all of ONI's analysts projected a major war in the outer colonies that would result in the deaths of millions and such.

Halsey ran through the simulations dozens of times and was trying to find an alternative but the ONI's AI's kept going back to the same conclusion that war was inevitable. The Spartan II program was her way of cutting the rebellions before it spread too much.

So it's ridiculous to fault Halsey on this when ONI pushed her into doing it. (Of course as others have pointed out she was made into a scapegoat by Margaret).

Quote:
You missed my point. What I was saying is that for someone (ONI) to be in a position of power, power which allows them to determine a person's fate, they tend to use that person (Halsey) for every bit of his worth to accomplish their agenda, and then discard of him and denounce him as a scum of the earth type of criminal so as to protect themselves and their interests.

When one person goes against the whole establishment, it's the powerful and the unscrupulous who always come out on top.
Regardless of the case surely a Spartan IV would pause before treating Halsey like Himmler given the fact that all of his augmentations and equipment was derived from her workings. I mean it's not like she caged John and Kelly and the others and tortued them deliberately.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:47   Link #715
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Regardless of the case surely a Spartan IV would pause before treating Halsey like Himmler given the fact that all of his augmentations and equipment was derived from her workings. I mean it's not like she caged John and Kelly and the others and tortued them deliberately.
Actually the opening for Halo 4 shows her putting all the SII children in cages

But really. Palmers paranoia about letting the war criminals touch things is...odd. Even if you assume Halsey is a criminals, her crimes WERE in service to the UNSC and humanity...so the idea that you couldn't trust her to service a UNSC ship in service to humanity is a bit odd. Especially when she already designed allot of the systems on the ship...hell. She created the ground work for the biological modifications to the SIV's.

Frankly it seems like comical overkill to have Halsey guarded by Spartans...especially considering the most trouble she could get into doesn't involve brawn. It involves brains...which I don't think any of the SIV's are particularly good at catching on to!
Old 2012-11-26, 10:00   Link #716
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its possible the SIV's and Palmer don't really know the extent of her contributions as some of it may be classified and only know her as the war criminal that kidnapped children (many of which died) and forced them to become genetically and mechanically augmented killing machines to fight the insurrectionists.

Although the end justified the means to them she still abducted and experimented on hundreds of children with many dying or becoming disfigured as a result.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 11:57   Link #717
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Frankly it seems like comical overkill to have Halsey guarded by Spartans...especially considering the most trouble she could get into doesn't involve brawn. It involves brains...which I don't think any of the SIV's are particularly good at catching on to!
Well, certainly not Majestic... :k
Old 2012-11-26, 13:32   Link #718
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Its possible the SIV's and Palmer don't really know the extent of her contributions as some of it may be classified and only know her as the war criminal that kidnapped children (many of which died) and forced them to become genetically and mechanically augmented killing machines to fight the insurrectionists.
If they know Halsey kidnapped children and made them into SII's....then it seems likely that they would be able to infer that she is at least partially responsible for the tech that made them int SIV's.
Old 2012-11-26, 13:39   Link #719
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Actually the opening for Halo 4 shows her putting all the SII children in cages
In all fairness I think that was the augmentation part

Quote:

Although the end justified the means to them she still abducted and experimented on hundreds of children with many dying or becoming disfigured as a result.
No because it's common knowledge that she was involved in the SPII program as it was detailed in Glasslands where the ODSTs assigned were told about it. If they know then yeah it should be common knowledge. Even then someone would ask, "what did she do with the kids?"

However, as Admiral Hood once pointed out the SPII saved his and many of the UNSC's Top Brass' lives dozens of times along with untold numbers of civilians and soldiers.

And the things they learned from the failed augmentations in the SPII program allowed them to have a 100% success rate with the SPIII and later SPIV program so she made the hard choice.
Old 2012-11-26, 14:03   Link #720
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The full SO ep.04 cutscene has yet to be uploaded on HaloWaypoint, but it's available here:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler:

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117