AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 13:59   Link #201
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I doubt, but they might be able to "throw" themselves. I mean usingpsychokinesis to move themselves like they move the objects.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 00:53   Link #202
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
For example, internal Kei strengthens the muscles, bones, ect so as to gain greater strength, sight, speed, ect. Now we know hair (and even apparently skin) of a psychokinetic make decent medium for channeling Nen-i (similar to the petal things). So... could a psychokinetic channel Nen-i along say her legs, and use it to create an external support (similar an exoskeleton) to generate extra power in say, jumping?
but would that just make it the same function as internal Kei?

Psychokinesis is like telepathy in a way (which is probably where the author got that from). Research more on what telepathy can do (fiction and non-fic) and we might predict what else Felli can do in future volumes.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:46   Link #203
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I doubt, but they might be able to "throw" themselves. I mean usingpsychokinesis to move themselves like they move the objects.
Maybe, although usually that's not allowed. However, couldn't you get around that by say lifing something else that you then hold onto.

For example, a special flake that forms into something like a hollow ball, that you then hold in a fist. Lift that flake, which then pulls you up into the air. Would create some interesting dynamics in how you would move through the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
but would that just make it the same function as internal Kei?

Psychokinesis is like telepathy in a way (which is probably where the author got that from). Research more on what telepathy can do (fiction and non-fic) and we might predict what else Felli can do in future volumes.
I don't think it would be the same. You might be able to recreate some of the effects- such as being able to jump higher and farther, but you wouldn't be able to strengthen your actual bones and muscle so you would still have normal limitations on how much force they could absorb. And you wouldn't be able to increase your healing speed. Or a lot of different things.

Also I though telepathy was mind to mind communication, while psychokinetic is the ability to manipulate solid objects with the mind (spoon bending the most common test). My impression is that the communication in Regios is not actually mind to mind, but rather from Felli's mind to the flake which then resonates to act like a speaker or earpiece.

I have an question about the Queen though. I got the impression from somewhere that she is a psychokinetic, but then I see a reference to her using Kei. Is she a psychokinetic, or is she a Kei user. Or is she both?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 08:47   Link #204
azarhal

Quote:
I have an question about the Queen though. I got the impression from somewhere that she is a psychokinetic, but then I see a reference to her using Kei. Is she a psychokinetic, or is she a Kei user. Or is she both?
She's a Kei user.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 22:12   Link #205
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
She's a Kei user.
Ahh... I wonder where I got that misimpression from...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-25, 06:04   Link #206
blewin

Quote:
Also I though telepathy was mind to mind communication, while psychokinetic is the ability to manipulate solid objects with the mind (spoon bending the most common test). My impression is that the communication in Regios is not actually mind to mind, but rather from Felli's mind to the flake which then resonates to act like a speaker or earpiece.
yeah..... you're right. It's like telepathy with a medium uh?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-11-25, 07:59   Link #207
azarhal

Quote:
Ahh... I wonder where I got that misimpression from...
I think that somebody miss informed us when the season started, by mixing two characters from Glendan together. The Queen and the old lady in the wheelchair (who's the psy).
Old 2009-12-04, 17:57   Link #208
azarhal

So the Felli Kick does exist in the novel too. Thanks for the latest chapters blewin.
Old 2009-12-05, 07:17   Link #209
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

man thanks for the chapter blewin albeit i feel that the whole sharnid platoon 10 arc is the most boring arc but meh.......
Old 2009-12-06, 20:54   Link #210
blewin

thanks for reading.

lol, yeah, our first Felli's kick!

yeah, I don't find Sharnid's arc that interesting either, but there are some highlights in this chapter:

- the deliberation of the smoke screen to cover up Layfon's attack on Dinn
- Naruki taking the spotlight of the match!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-12-08, 07:31   Link #211
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

It's funny how Layfon actually used the katana sword in the novel as opposed to using the normal sword in the anime.... Really the anime skipped quite a bit.
Old 2009-12-10, 21:23   Link #212
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
It's funny how Layfon actually used the katana sword in the novel as opposed to using the normal sword in the anime.... Really the anime skipped quite a bit.
yeah, but Layfon using the sword in the anime just shows how insanely powerful he is.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-12-11, 08:22   Link #213
giorno

nah, it was just stupid...

it's not that he couldn't do it with a broadsword, he just wouldn't have been as accurate and might have damaged Dinn badly instead...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 15:44   Link #214
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Woot.... Go Felli with the tending to Layfon's wounds after the fight. She really seems to be getting into the tsundere in pursuit mode.

This must mean that the interlude scene with Mifi asking about Heaven's Blade Successors must have already happened- otherwise Naruki would have known what they were talking about.

Man, why did the anime do what it did. It could have been good if they had filled in a few of the smaller character development events like that and then ended here, with a set up for a great second season.

Old 2009-12-12, 17:17   Link #215
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Still wondering if anyone has any information about this:
Spoiler for What's between Felli and Nina?:

What I want to know is: What happened between Nina and Felli? This conflict is clearly pre-Layfon. I can understand why Felli would resent the captain of the platoon she was forced to join. What I don't get is the intensity, and most of all: Why is Nina consenting to it? In fact Nina seems to be almost as passive aggressive as Felli on the matter. "Nina’s suggestion"?? Nina suggested this arrangement? That doesn't seem like Nina at all. What the heck happened between those two before Layfon appeared and the story began?

For those who have read ahead of the translations, does this ever get revealed? (Don't tell me what is revealed, just let me know if anything is ever done with this plot thread). Cause I think there has to be more to the story of how Felli joined the patrol than just her brother forcing her too.

Last edited by Sackett; 2009-12-12 at 21:58.
Old 2009-12-12, 17:32   Link #216
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I guess Nina agreed as the SCP personally requested it and she had no way to oppose that. Also her team needed a psychokinesist and Felli was a quite good one. And waht was between Felli and Nina? Well, Felli's part is obvious, but Nina's is also far from mysterious. Felli's passive attitude and her way of holding back. Afterall everyone tried their best in the team except her. I think that's why we don't get a mention about it as the author believed it as an obvious thing...or something like that.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 21:55   Link #217
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I guess Nina agreed as the SCP personally requested it and she had no way to oppose that. Also her team needed a psychokinesist and Felli was a quite good one. And waht was between Felli and Nina? Well, Felli's part is obvious, but Nina's is also far from mysterious. Felli's passive attitude and her way of holding back. Afterall everyone tried their best in the team except her. I think that's why we don't get a mention about it as the author believed it as an obvious thing...or something like that.
Well, yeah, I get why they don't like each other... but enough that Nina would suggest Felli spend the night with Layfon instead of sharing a room with her?

I mean...

There's got to be more to it then that. And that isn't the only incident. There have been several times when Felli has avoided being alone with Nina despite causing considerable trouble to herself. And Nina goes along with it, almost encouraging it, even when it causes trouble for her.

Nina didn't realize how much Felli was holding back either. It must be something more... It's almost like Nina is putting out vibes of feeling guilty. I could get Felli feeling guilty- although I actually don't think she did until Layfon came along, but why would Nina feel guilty.

Old 2009-12-13, 08:33   Link #218
azarhal

Quote:
Nina didn't realize how much Felli was holding back either. It must be something more... It's almost like Nina is putting out vibes of feeling guilty. I could get Felli feeling guilty- although I actually don't think she did until Layfon came along, but why would Nina feel guilty.
Wait for vol 5+. Although, don't expect anything "grand", it have more to do with Nina's personality (she feel guilty easily).
Old 2009-12-14, 14:23   Link #219
MasterLuke
Easlay of the North

Send a message via MSN to MasterLuke
I need information about mangas and light novels.

where can i find them??

HELP
MasterLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 20:12   Link #220
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLuke View Post
I need information about mangas and light novels.

where can i find them??

HELP
At Baka-Tsuki

Tags
fantasy, shounen