AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 13:56   Link #41
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Sharp chest pains should never be ignored. At the very least, consult your family doctor to make sure that it's not an impending heart attack. Make sure to check your blood pressure and cholestrol level.
I agree with you, @Kakashi should get a medical examination as soon as possible. Sharp chest pain should not be ignored, it is not a trivial matter.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:36   Link #42
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
A few years ago, I sometimes (around 4 or 5 times per year) had sharp pains in my chest cavity. I'm not sure what the cause was, but it seemed to only hurt during deep inspiration (breathing in). It didn't last long but it felt almost like a small knife pierced my lungs. Over the years, that sharp pain has become less and less frequent. That was at 17 years old. Has anyone else experienced similar problems at that age?

Background info: I was quite late going into puberty, so once I did, my body started growing very quickly.
From what you describe it could be "acid reflux" where stomach acid burns the esophagus. But if its still a problem, yeah, checking with a doctor is a wise move.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:43   Link #43
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
A few years ago, I sometimes (around 4 or 5 times per year) had sharp pains in my chest cavity. I'm not sure what the cause was, but it seemed to only hurt during deep inspiration (breathing in). It didn't last long but it felt almost like a small knife pierced my lungs. Over the years, that sharp pain has become less and less frequent. That was at 17 years old. Has anyone else experienced similar problems at that age?

Background info: I was quite late going into puberty, so once I did, my body started growing very quickly.
I've had this for as long as I can remember. I just breath shallow for a minute or so and they go away.... My pain is more in my back though, but its connected to deep breathing, and its decreased in frequency as I've gotten older, like you. I've never asked a doctor about it.
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 00:19   Link #44
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue View Post
I've had this for as long as I can remember. I just breath shallow for a minute or so and they go away.... My pain is more in my back though, but its connected to deep breathing, and its decreased in frequency as I've gotten older, like you. I've never asked a doctor about it.
Back pain? Are you sure you don't have a cramp? However, that doesn't sound okay and unfortunately, I have no idea what your problem regarding the back pain is. Sorry.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 06:01   Link #45
cuteycindyhoney

I'm just getting over the flu now, and had a nasty time a few months back with kidney stones.

OUCHIE! OMG that was painful!
cuteycindyhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:00   Link #46
Jjo

Stiff Necks are no joke...

Good Lord...I woke up today, with a slight pain in my neck.
And by 11pm I was walking with my head turned to the side that didn't send a freaking pain down my spine/right shoulder.

I couldn't believe how painful it was, for hours. I finally gave up, left work, and now I'm home with a heating pad on my shoulder.

I have no idea what to do now, I am like lop-sided...? I can't move my head to the right side without sharp pains, I can barely use my right arm without slight pain.
And I can't look to my right unless I move my whole body T_T

Please someone help I need to go to work tomorrow morning, I can't function right now properly.
Jjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:51   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

It diminishes over time, a massaging shower head can help.
Old 2011-01-18, 19:56   Link #48
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

A long hot massasging shower will help, yeah.

Also everyday try just turning your head left right up and down for a few seconds each.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 20:02   Link #49
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Massage, warmth therapy ( a hot both for exmple ) and movement! :>
Old 2011-01-18, 20:10   Link #50
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Lie down, position the television just so and get a hot pack.
Old 2011-01-18, 21:05   Link #51
Jjo

the heating pad and hot shower is working ;_: all that's left at this point is slight stiffness in my neck >_<
Jjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:41   Link #52
ChainLegacy
廉頗

If there is a certain part of the neck where you feel pain (that isn't related to breathing) dig your knuckle into it with a considerable amount of force and hold that position. I've always used that method, it hurts at first but the pressure eventually helps ease the knot out of your muscles.

PS. Greetings to a fellow masshole (person from Massachusetts if you've never heard the term)
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 00:57   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I thought such thread don't exist... Thanks Relentlessflame!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 01:43   Link #54
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just debrided a posterior thigh pressure ulcer as big as my foot. Holy shet.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 02:25   Link #55
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I just debrided a posterior thigh pressure ulcer as big as my foot. Holy shet.
What was the case Doc? DM?
Old 2012-10-08, 04:39   Link #56
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

DM with sepsis. Charity patient. Such is the state of the Philippine healthcare.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:27   Link #57
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oi. I feel bad .. Apparently I was just at a travel medical clinic, I felt like utter crap coming back from Aruba.. and with only 3 mosquito bites, what I may have gotten? Dengue Fever
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:09   Link #58
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
DM with sepsis. Charity patient. Such is the state of the Philippine healthcare.
..with sepsis... now that is toxic... Hope he controls his Glucose levels.... I would not wish to hear that will lead to amputation or God forbids Death....
Old 2012-10-08, 21:14   Link #59
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oi. I feel bad .. Apparently I was just at a travel medical clinic, I felt like utter crap coming back from Aruba.. and with only 3 mosquito bites, what I may have gotten? Dengue Fever
You managed to count them bites???

Anyway,... Tourniquet Test is the usual test to diagnose a suspected "dengue".... But it's not specific to Dengue... Moderate to high fever with a slow drop of platelet level after the fever could be a sign of dengue.... Oh, also the petechial (if I might type it wrong) rashes..
Old 2012-10-08, 21:37   Link #60
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
You managed to count them bites???

Anyway,... Tourniquet Test is the usual test to diagnose a suspected "dengue".... But it's not specific to Dengue... Moderate to high fever with a slow drop of platelet level after the fever could be a sign of dengue.... Oh, also the petechial (if I might type it wrong) rashes..
I got sick over 2 months ago now. It wasn't an "emergency" so I didn't get seen immediately. Had a fever, headaches and eyepain for a week and a half

Now they bring me in, tell me I might have had dengue, so they pull out more blood (after already checking for typhoid and malaria) -- this is due to the fact that if I did have dengue, the next time I get it would be even more severe
willx is offline   Reply With Quote