AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-05, 15:24   Link #41
Runty

Well, she's gonna come up eventually, so I'll start some discussion on Marion.

Such a funny background story. Compared to the Japanese version, however, the English dub seems to make it a tad more sexual-sounding.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
Old 2010-10-06, 11:41   Link #42
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
None of us are complaining. Marion's a good-looking girl with a weapons fetish.

I'd be able to win her over on a whim with my knowledge of firearms.
Old 2010-10-21, 03:36   Link #43
Gault
inc_mplete

Don't know where to place this but guess this is the closest

Ok I played the 1st Game and sort of quartered my way through the 2nd game on PSP
After watching the Anime , my emotions have been high and low towards it

1stly , Faldio you need to Fxck off dude , Alicia belongs to Welkin
2ndly , Welkin, Alicias spreading her legs for you , TAKE IT seriously , you fxcked up once with your university friend.. dont screw it up with a Valkyrian babe

I needed to vent that.. now as for the Animes story..
I was dissapointed where it went after the Naggiar plains part BUT no matter how dissapointing it was , this path is more realistic , if the higher heads found out about that stuff , No shxt she'd be tested on ASAP for winning this war , therefore the Anime has its Justice points , but I would've prefered the original PS3 game story and MORE Development with Alicia and Welkin
Old 2010-10-21, 15:23   Link #44
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Pretty much my feelings too, Gault.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2010-10-21, 21:12   Link #45
Snowman24

Never played the game yet, but I like her character so...

I found my new favorite VC character, from the VC games. My new favorite is... Melissa Dalen. I cheated and watched her entire story on youtube, along with Maragi and Mishlitts stories *the Darcsen girls* funny thing is, I like Melissa SO much more than the 2 new Darcsen girls.

She's just TOO funny for words, look forward to using her character on my team when I finally get my hands on a PSP and the game.
Old 2010-10-24, 06:54   Link #46
jwai

Having played out most of the classmate missions in VC2 (I'm still missing Jugin and Lavinia because you can only get the backstory for those two after you finish the game the first time around), here are my picks for favourite characters in no particular order:

Lavinia: I haven't unlocked her backstory yet, but she's awesome based on her tank alone. You'd be insane not to take her 1 CP Light Tank on the vast majority of missions.
Rene
Noel
Coleen
Marion: Probably has one of the most interesting backstories.

However, I dislike the following characters:

Randy: Simply an asshole.
Vicky: Random savages don't fit the Gallian setting very well.
Inghild: Random prophetic hallucinations don't fit very well either.
Vario: His singing in the English version of VC2 is terrible, and he's a bit of a blow-hard.
Old 2010-11-19, 02:24   Link #47
Snowman24

wonders, how does one do away with explaining Catherine O'Hara's accent??

Is she like Vyse and Aika, a foreign volunteer soldier for both wars or originally from another country, daughter of an ambassador from said country or... what??

It's obvious she's meant to be different, judging from the unique accent from all the other 7's. What's your take on it? or your own idea for her?
Old 2010-11-19, 02:40   Link #48
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I think it had to do with her Irish surname hence why the accent.
Old 2010-12-13, 19:22   Link #49
Owlette

Hello fans. I wonder, do anybody know where Darcsen names are from? I tried to search anywhere on the Internet. Some Darcsen characters I like, for some reason, they're interesting and likable. But those names that I still want to know what certain race's names have it meaning. By the way, I wonder, is anybody a fan of villain characters? Personally, I am somewhat feel bond with "good" guys, but I find villains more fascinating.

I have a few questions about minor villain characters in both VC1 and VC2...

Spoiler for Ace Enemies:
Old 2010-12-13, 20:55   Link #50
Beri270T3

I am a fan of Geld, Gregor, and His Grace. In a way though I actually see Prince Maximilian as a sort of anti-hero, but that's just my perception of him.

Given the names of the various Darc characters I think only Wavy is the one I've tracked down. Wafi, I think is the closest and its supposed to be Arabic. That could mean anything though and that his family grew up with heavier Arabic influence or his father's friend was named Wafi.

And as for the aces, some I'd regard as different characters. It isn't out of place that Lieutenant or Captain Nonnenkopf are the same person, but that's of course if the latter isn't a naval infantry officer considering his assignment to Marberry. All the times they show up as well as the character named Luther in the DLC it may be they're a pretty big and possibly minor noble clan. Out of all the aces though I think only Matz the Cleaner is the one I like.
Old 2010-12-13, 22:23   Link #51
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Does Matz ever get any screen time? Actually, do ANY of the Enemy Aces get any screen time at all?
Old 2010-12-14, 00:45   Link #52
Beri270T3

Oswald the Iron does, that is if we're assuming he and young Johann Oswald Eisen are one in the same. He's not a bad character for what little of him we see.

The rest is just a hypothesis and it's subjective. You have to almost be creative in thought to find a way to like an ace unit. On the other hand it is fairly easy to find one to dislike. Ty the Immortal and the various DLC aces come to mind with their Ultimate Whatever stats and potentials that'll mow down eight or nine characters in the space of your turn and the enemy's. Still doesn't change the fact that I like Matz and his tank destroyer though. Many a time him and 'Ozwald the Steel?' have led to the collapse of my right flank on the first phase of Ghirlandaio.
Old 2010-12-14, 03:06   Link #53
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Well, Matz does return, swapping that tank destroyer for a Heavy Tank, generally. Him/Her (Matz seems like it would be a surname) and Toyold the Bull might be an interesting pair, along with both Simas (anything akin to the infamous Simo?). I figure, if you got all the Aces together, you could have an Imperial Squad 7 of sorts (with an extra tank, no less; Yarmas the Hound, in his Imperial T-28 Medium Tank.)
Old 2011-01-03, 21:48   Link #54
Owlette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post
I am a fan of Geld, Gregor, and His Grace. In a way though I actually see Prince Maximilian as a sort of anti-hero, but that's just my perception of him.

Given the names of the various Darc characters I think only Wavy is the one I've tracked down. Wafi, I think is the closest and its supposed to be Arabic. That could mean anything though and that his family grew up with heavier Arabic influence or his father's friend was named Wafi.

And as for the aces, some I'd regard as different characters. It isn't out of place that Lieutenant or Captain Nonnenkopf are the same person, but that's of course if the latter isn't a naval infantry officer considering his assignment to Marberry. All the times they show up as well as the character named Luther in the DLC it may be they're a pretty big and possibly minor noble clan. Out of all the aces though I think only Matz the Cleaner is the one I like.
Really? I don't know Luther is in the DLC. But I've not played it for a while, so someday I'll play it again. About Darc names -- hmm... OK, I'll keep in that mind, so I will try to find something. Thanks. =) Ooh. What did it make you view Max as an anti-hero prince? I don't see him that way, but I give that prince some credit for something. I'm interested to know what you think of him as an anti-hero character. Please do!

Also -- about ace enemies. You're probably right about some ace enemies, with the same title, may be different persons. But I think the creators of VC may have their own reasons to re-place same aces in different locations -- to me, they suggests us that aces are not different characters. But if they are not, then why did creators give the same names to some of their characters? That is what I think... *shrugs?* So I don't know.

Last edited by Owlette; 2011-01-04 at 05:25. Reason: Removed some spoilers. Thanks for remind me, Yez. Sorry about that.
Old 2011-01-04, 00:49   Link #55
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To keep it spoiler-free, let's just say that the Prince had some issues regarding his birthright and well-being when he was a kid.

But, for me, a ruler who has no use for trust will never go far.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-01-04 at 01:37.
Closed Thread