AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2004-08-17, 18:41   Link #61
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi-chan
I've seen some laminate AMS posters with random characters I've never seen. My first guess would be they're from the manga, but these posers were clearly drawn in anime rather than manga style. Confuses me, because for a while I thought the posters were from another AMS series. Unless they are? Any insight in this? I'm lost...

Well, if you link to these poster we´ll be in a better place to answer you.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 03:41   Link #62
Fizzyboy

Ah My Goddess Fansub

The new series is supposed to start on October 5th, 2004.
Does anyone know what groups are thinking of fansubbing?
Hopefully this isn't a "no-no" in this forums. Sorry if it is. ^_^;
Fizzyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 10:04   Link #63
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyboy
I bet everyone and their mothers will sub the series....even if its license before its aired, they will a few that will sub them......
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 10:46   Link #64
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Unfortunately, Izzy is correct. This will probably be one of the most over fansubbed series of the new season.

Personally, as long as Genshiken, School Rumble and Kujibiki Unbalance get fansubbed I'll be happy. ^^
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 11:30   Link #65
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
I always have been intrigued to watch AMG series. But could never find it anywhere else then anime shops online. And I want even more to read the manga. But everytime I check out for the Pika edition in store there's never first few volumes.

Anyway I hope we get to watch it before it's licensed, and if not, they better get those dvds near hear or I'll end up forgetting to breath >_<
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:41   Link #66
FooBarWidget

YES!!!! After 5 (6? 7?) years there's finally a TV series! It's about time too! They absolutely must show more Peorth (but unfortunately I haven't seen much of Peorth even in the manga; she played a major role in one volume and a minor role in another volume but that's about it).

I heard the manga hasn't ended yet but I'm not sure. For how long has it been running now?
FooBarWidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:47   Link #67
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBarWidget
YES!!!! After 5 (6? 7?) years there's finally a TV series! It's about time too! They absolutely must show more Peorth (but unfortunately I haven't seen much of Peorth even in the manga; she played a major role in one volume and a minor role in another volume but that's about it).

I heard the manga hasn't ended yet but I'm not sure. For how long has it been running now?
Not sure I have up to volume 25 I think
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 19:30   Link #68
Fizzyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Not sure I have up to volume 25 I think
It was first published in 1988. So thats like...16 years!
They are up to Volume 28 (Maybe 29)
Old 2004-08-23, 19:34   Link #69
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Well the Pika edition volume 28 comes out in mid september. (Once again.. french version) but that still gives an idea on how many there are out.

Edit: I guess I clicked post too late.. doesn't give much more infos.. but oh well.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 21:19   Link #70
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
It was first published in 1988. So thats like...16 years!
They are up to Volume 28 (Maybe 29)
yes...but then....I bought the latest OMG manga from Mexico....and there is no sight of conclusion of the story.......ever....
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 04:28   Link #71
FooBarWidget

I'd say that's a good thing.
FooBarWidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 05:43   Link #72
Fizzyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBarWidget
I'd say that's a good thing.
So far it is a good thing.
But if it stretches too long it will seem like Kosuke Fujishima is "beating a dead horse". I hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 2004-10-06, 23:59   Link #73
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
There are so many manga-only characters that I want to see animated that it isn't funny at all. Of course, besides the many filler arcs, there are many must-see ones too, so any anime series would not be bereft of material at all.

Of course, we would probably have many racing scenes to rival Initial-D as well. Especially the arc that has Megumi and later Keiichi & Belldandy racing against that motorcycle spectre..

As for a conclusion to the manga, I don't think Fujishima has a conclusive ending in mind in the first place...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 09:59   Link #74
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
The manga is still running in Japan, it´s up to vol 28 or 29 I think, Vol 19 of the translated manga is going to be released Jan 25 2005.

Anybody who knows when It´ll start showing? I've heard both Oct '04 and Spring of 2005.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 10:28   Link #75
megumidk
Chii ?

There are no indications of it having started in oktober, in any of the usualt places (moon phase usually gets the airing dates nailed down when its this close), so maybe next season.
megumidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 11:54   Link #76
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
The manga is still running in Japan, it´s up to vol 28 or 29 I think, Vol 19 of the translated manga is going to be released Jan 25 2005.

Anybody who knows when It´ll start showing? I've heard both Oct '04 and Spring of 2005.
Not sure how October 2004 came into play. According to their latest announcement and if I'm reading the Japanese correctly, there're TV presentations this month for, basically, information and introductions. The first is at 01:30 on October 8th (right now, actually, as I type) on TBS-i, and the other is at 03:24 on October 11th airing on TBS.

Watching about 15 minutes of the TBS-i show, it looks to be a presentation of TBS anime only. Something like one of those "give a camera crew to someone cute" type of a show - except it's three cute women wearing maid costumes; very, umm, sweet. Someone with a better understanding of Japanese might hear something someone had let slip, but the anime is still airing next year in 2005.

This is what's on their main page: 来年放送予定!御期待ください!!

The latest news did get pushed out on October 5th, though...

"Air" is still starting in January 2005. Not much longer, happily.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 12:18   Link #77
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soletta
hi.. I wonder that New Ah My Goddess? wow i little heard about this.. but i hope that unlike Mini-Ah My Goddess, you know... i really curious about new series or movie or whatever.. if you know anything about this. pls tell to me
to be honest....I would rather have more Mini-Goddess, LOL, but a TV series of the regular would be interesting too

(Note: I hate how everyone is calling it "Ah" and stuff....I know it is the jap name and all, but.....DON'T CUT OUT THE PUN >.< "OMG" 43V3R!!!)
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 00:58   Link #78
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Bah, I was disappointed with the Mini-goddesses. I gave it numerous chances but I found them unfunny.

I'm nutz for Belldandy though. It was also one of the earliest sub titles that I watched, so I'm partial to this series. I'm really looking forward to some of the other characters, like Banpei and Sigel, and the angels World of Elegance and Noble Scarlet. The Skuld-centered stories around the time Noble Scarlet appeared were especially good, I remember reading those multple times.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:17   Link #79
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

To celebrate the new TV "Ah Megami-sama" series, Afternoon magazine will give three figurines on September, November and January edition. The three figurines illusterate the famous scene where the three goddesses (Belldandy, Urd and Skuld) are playing musical instruments with greek-style clothings.
http://www.afternoon.co.jp/index2.html

If you are interested, I regret to say that you are too late. I have been contacting all japanese book stores in my city and all of them replied that their quotas have been fully booked. The madness has started.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:39   Link #80
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
To celebrate the new TV "Ah Megami-sama" series, Afternoon magazine will give three figurines on September, November and January edition. The three figurines illusterate the famous scene where the three goddesses (Belldandy, Urd and Skuld) are playing musical instruments with greek-style clothings.
http://www.afternoon.co.jp/index2.html

If you are interested, I regret to say that you are too late. I have been contacting all japanese book stores in my city and all of them replied that their quotas have been fully booked. The madness has started.
Oooo those look great!

Figurines are not my style, but those three.....

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote