Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-12-08, 04:05   Link #10121
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Considering what's been done to the Spiderman franchise lately, can anyone really blame them for preferring Punisher over Spiderman?
Comics or movies? Also, do they prefer Punisher's overall story or just his character over Spiderman?

Sorry for being off-topic. To make up for it, let me share a pic of the new & upcoming Master Grade Destiny Impulse Gundam Regenes here :
Images
I love purple ^^
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-12-08 at 04:25.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 13:20   Link #10122
S.Freedom

I'm pretty sure RD is referring to the comics. I still shudder at the thought of what One More Day did to spidey's backstory. *shakes head*
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 13:39   Link #10123
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Destiny Impulse Gundam Regenes here :
Images
I love purple ^^
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Royalty indeed.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 14:42   Link #10124
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Personally I find it rather sad that people prefer a brooding angry berserker over a pacifistic nicer person, but I guess that's why people prefer Batman over Superman, and Punisher over Spiderman too.
Isn't is also because Batman and The Punisher don't have superpowers? Spider-Man (at least the original, Earth-616 incarnation) also doesn't have superpowers.

Kira is kind of like Pre-Crisis Superman:

Just picture Kira, Athrun, and Shinn in the places of Superman, Jimmy, and Aquaman, respectively.
Old 2013-12-08, 15:01   Link #10125
CBredbeard
Banned

^ Admit it. You just wanted to have an excuse to post that picture without it being off-topic.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 16:53   Link #10126
weirdguy

I have been wondering, are there anyone else besides me that liked the second half of Destiny? I could careless about how invincible Kira was, and paid more attention to the Destiny Plan. I also didn't mind how Shinn didn't change into a character like how Kamille changed. To me, the way he was represented someone that did what he thought was the correct thing to do. In his case, he thought that the Destiny Plan will change the world for the better, which in a sense it can. Which this leads to the other point of why I liked the second half of the series. It's the question about whether it would have been better to have the Destiny Plan or not.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 17:49   Link #10127
Soaring Griffin

I also like Destiny including the second half for what it is. It has its flaws but I find it more misunderstood then anything.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 20:40   Link #10128
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I know this is off topic, but is that a real comic book? If so was Superman under some sort of mind control or something?

Edit: Oh wow, that is a real comic. What happened to Sups?

Anyway, anyone think that Final Plus footage will be edited into the last episode of the remastering?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 22:40   Link #10129
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Anyway, anyone think that Final Plus footage will be edited into the last episode of the remastering?
The last episode WILL be Final Plus, most likely. Its meant to replace Ep 50 after all.
Old 2013-12-08, 23:34   Link #10130
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Edit: Oh wow, that is a real comic. What happened to Sups?
http://www.superdickery.com/

Nothing more needs to be said on that.

As far as Destiny goes, Gil's full transition into villain was a little too subtle. The full scope of what he was capable of and what he was responsible for wasn't explored very thoroughly. It's hard to tell if he was merely opportunistic or a very shrewd operator manipulating practically everyone. It's also hard to understand why he's fixated on Lacus and Kira.

They seemed to end up fighting him not because of what he wanted to do, but because of what he was willing to do to accomplish it. I think I would have liked it to have been more clear that he was an ends justify the means type, but the way he kept playing everyone made it very hard to see him as a villain right up until the end.

At least, that's my feeling. If I watched it again, maybe it would be more clear.
Old 2013-12-08, 23:52   Link #10131
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually I think Durandal's biggest issue as far as villainy goes is that there was hardly any foreshadowing to his master plan. His Destiny Plan just comes out of nowhere. It should've been foreshadowed earlier on in the series, like, say, that big dinner he had with the Minerva crew.
Old 2013-12-09, 00:01   Link #10132
monster

I think it was foreshadowed back when he had the flashback of talking with Rau.
Old 2013-12-09, 00:25   Link #10133
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Actually I think Durandal's biggest issue as far as villainy goes is that there was hardly any foreshadowing to his master plan. His Destiny Plan just comes out of nowhere. It should've been foreshadowed earlier on in the series, like, say, that big dinner he had with the Minerva crew.
The Destiny Plan was not his master plan. Laying the ground work so he could implement it, that is the master plan. That's where there is a problem with his build up as a villain. We don't even know if he did have a master plan or if he just took advantage of the situation and decided what he believed to be the best course of action.

I mean, I'm sure there'd be lots of people that would be curious as to what their genes have to say about them. He could have easily promoted it on a voluntary, cultural basis, and allowed it's merit to speak for itself, but no, first chance he got, he held a gun to the world's head and declared that THIS is what we're going to do or else. And that felt like it came out of nowhere.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:14   Link #10134
monster

I guess it should've been obvious, but after watching this latest episode, I just realized that Legend really is fast. It's about as fast as Destiny, and both the Legend and the Destiny are much faster than the Gouf.

Then there is the Impulse being faster than the Murasame and probably almost as fast, if not as fast, as the Freedom.

With such disparity in speed alone, it's no wonder the mass-produced mobile suits can suffer major losses even with superior numbers.
Old 2013-12-09, 02:41   Link #10135
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Would any of you like a glass of tears courtesy of the YT commentators?

Why are they crying?

Quote:
Funny, my problem is the exact opposite: I always thought Durandal being a villain was TOO obvious from the very beginning.

I feel this may be a function of expecting less from your anime...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 03:48   Link #10136
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Funny, my problem is the exact opposite: I always thought Durandal being a villain was TOO obvious from the very beginning.

I feel this may be a function of expecting less from your anime...
Rather it's expecting more. I didn't say I was surprised that he ended up being a villain. That basically no one in the series had any idea whatsoever what he was up to is the issue I have. Even Lacus only had one excerpt from a journal to peg him as a bad guy and that only alluded to the Destiny Plan, which in of itself was merely a theory on social engineering.

Was it really his plan all along to destroy the world in order to save it? Was he manipulating basically everything and everyone from the start including the Gundam Jacks at the armory?
Old 2013-12-09, 03:52   Link #10137
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That wasn't what I was saying. I didn't say that Durandal's villainy was too subtle, I'm just saying that his plan--the Destiny Plan--came out of left field with its suddenness. It got very little foreshadowing.
Old 2013-12-09, 16:24   Link #10138
weirdguy

That shouldn't be that big of an issue since it was foreshadowed a few times already. Even if it was sudden, the message that Durandul was trying to get across was pretty clear. Well, in my opinion it is.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 16:32   Link #10139
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was foreshadowed maybe ONCE.
Old 2013-12-09, 16:36   Link #10140
Skye629

Quote:
It was foreshadowed maybe ONCE.
Which was that Durandal used to work with the Genetics/science division or whatever.......

Even that is an extremely vague indication of what he was planning.....
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep