AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-03-16, 09:19   Link #221
Westlo
Lets be reality

Animation aside I wasn't really feeling that pv... but if this is played as a "straight" mystery I guess it's a bit hard to make it seem exciting via a promo when the mystery is based on something 33 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also that floating text make me want them to remake Umineko (and take the second part out of DEEN's hands).
Eh... I doubt any animation studio could produce a good Umineko anime, I just don't think it would translate well to an anime in addition to everything else.. no denying that DEEN did a poor job @ it though. Besidse if KyoAni were to tackle a locked room mystery it should be Biblia Koshoten no Jikentecho... which is currently smashing the Light Novel charts and has geniune non-otaku appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm just saying they aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the crowd anymore.
So you agree that they're still #1, which means they're the platinum standard still which you just said they weren't. Or are you saying to be called the platinum standard is no longer a case of being the best but being the best by a certain margin? Backtracking and changing goalposts...

Quote:
And if you K-ONify your art style to make it more fluid, I'd hardly think that deserves much credit, you're simplifying your designs for fluidity.
I agree, Naruto 133 was terrible, don't know why everyone loves the massive increase in fluidity. What about the original designs and consistency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I'm speechless at this.
What are you talking about? You don't think accusing this of being moe moe kyun kyun and otaku bait full of injokes and memes is a sensible argument? Even though it's based on an 11 year old light novel that came out years before KyoAni even did their first proper anime?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:30   Link #222
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I'm speechless at this.

I'm all for criticisms but seriously guys? If I want to bash a series without actually knowing what I'm talking about I would be at 4chan and not here (despite 4chan quite often than not have more informative posts that here nowadays ...).

EDIT: Music in the PV for anyone who cares.

Spoiler for Tidiness:

Thanks for the link. By the way, take what Kaioshin says with a grain of salt. He's tsundere for KyoAni.

Cheers.
Old 2012-03-16, 11:15   Link #223
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This is my reply to all the people who are nagging a series that hasn't even aired.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:21   Link #224
Miraluka
Banned

Animation: Very good.
Musica: Mmm... well, but they gotta have to be creative with their own OST.
Story: ZZZzzzzzzz.....

Better wait for the series and not just to be animation eyecandy .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:37   Link #225
leokiko

So what we are criticizing it? C'mon, we are just predicting stuff based around the PV and the studio. It may turn out to be good in the end, who knows.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:43   Link #226
rulfo

^

What are you talking about? The criticisms have already begun, as soon as the official character designs came out.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:45   Link #227
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
^

What are you talking about? The criticisms have already begun, long before the official character designs came out.
I didn't know that. But the recent comment's are based on the PV, like I said.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-03-16 at 12:04.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:54   Link #228
Miraluka
Banned

If the PV is nothing for you, well.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 11:59   Link #229
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

He's playing around with double negatives.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:03   Link #230
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
No one can claim to have sit through an unexciting mystery until they have sit through Derrick.

Where I stand? Cautious.
Old 2012-03-16, 12:06   Link #231
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
But to folks who thinks this is some incredible amazing animation, -_-'. It's good but I've seen better. For example you can bash Guilty Crown all you like, but you can't deny that's some pretty damn good eye candy. Or just go watch Redline from last year... (/still angry that it didnt even win a single award in the 2012 AS awards), or even Hanasaku Iroha.
I love Hanasaku Iroha, but its animation is nowhere near KyoAni quality. Good designs and gorgeous background art is not the same as good animation.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:06   Link #232
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm no Maeda Jun fan, baybe it's time for KyoAni to finally relent and do LB to try and reconnect with their base (who, judging from this thread, are feeling pretty surly).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:23   Link #233
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
At least it's not four girls this time. For KyoAni, that's change you can believe in.
Have we come to such a stage that we have to praise this?

Well I suppose it's a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So you agree that they're still #1, which means they're the platinum standard still which you just said they weren't. Or are you saying to be called the platinum standard is no longer a case of being the best but being the best by a certain margin? Backtracking and changing goalposts...

I agree, Naruto 133 was terrible, don't know why everyone loves the massive increase in fluidity. What about the original designs and consistency!
I've seen some awfully fluid stick figures before. Points for fluidity, points deducted for displeasing character designs. Though I've never though KyoAni was a master at background art like some other studios as well.

In any case my only point was that seeing their works isn't the same as was some years ago. It isn't jaw dropping level of animation.

Referencing naruto 133 is not going to do you any good since the art of that is heavily criticized by fans, some hate that style because it makes the characters look retardedly bad at times (See Pain vs Naruto fight in part 2 for fluid but stupid looking).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:00   Link #234
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
I'm no Maeda Jun fan, baybe it's time for KyoAni to finally relent and do LB to try and reconnect with their base (who, judging from this thread, are feeling pretty surly).
From what I've seen, the Japanese fans enjoyed the trailer. I'm sure Key fans would love to see Little Busters animated, but the normal fandom is pleased with what they've seen from Hyouka (as far as I've read).

The three KeyAni shows were produced with assistance from TBS, who is more than happy to see additional K-On! due to the immense profitability compared to Air, Kanon, and Clannad. Why get rid of your profitable franchise in favor of something that's not going to sell as much? Since we've not heard of their next project with KyoAni, LB may be in the cards, but Hyouka (being a Kadokawa production) has nothing to do with LB either being made or not being made. Besides, we're international fans; unless we import BDs/CDs/merchandise, there's little reason to cater to us anymore.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 14:57   Link #235
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
People like Reckoner, Kaioshin, and the one or two people who hate everything from KyoAni that isn't Haruhi S3 or Little Busters hardly count as the majority of their "base".
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:04   Link #236
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I have no interest whatsoever in Haruhi myself, but was merely noting the overall negative tone towards the preview - which was just a preview after all.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:10   Link #237
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

I've seen some awfully fluid stick figures before. Points for fluidity, points deducted for displeasing character designs. Though I've never though KyoAni was a master at background art like some other studios as well.

The improvement already shows in Clannad After Story and Haruhi S2. At times during the last parts of that season(Haruhi S2), the background and effects for lighting was most of the time impressive.

K-ON S2 shows this as well. Besides sunset settings, KyoAni gets praised for depicting snow. That valentines episode had some awesome background.

Disappearance on the other hand improves on those two again. The night time depiction near the ending was just amazing.

But then this one really takes into another level. They definitely got some new tricks here.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:25   Link #238
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Well, I have no interest whatsoever in Haruhi myself, but was merely noting the overall negative tone towards the preview - which was just a preview after all.
The overall tone of the thread after the preview was posted doesn't necessarily indicate the voice of their "base", especially in such a small part of Animesuki like the Upcoming Series forum. It's not like you don't already know most of the attitudes towards KyoAni from a lot of the people who have posted, so you should be aware who is part of the "base" and who isn't.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:29   Link #239
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The overall tone of the thread after the preview was posted doesn't necessarily indicate the voice of their "base", especially in such a small part of Animesuki like the Upcoming Series forum. It's not like you don't already know most of the attitudes towards KyoAni from a lot of the people who have posted, so you should be aware who is part of the "base" and who isn't.
Agreed,I havn't seen too many K-on! fans post in this thread
Old 2012-03-16, 15:30   Link #240
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And this show doesn't come out until late April.

This could be a fun threat...much like the K-On thread in the month before it came out (and the day it came out).

The Nichijou thread never did as well. Probably because people got the wrong impression from the OVA before the series proper.

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life