AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-07, 01:18   Link #141
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
We should have it out subbed by tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

And...

If it were geared more towards a younger audience, it wouldn't feel like Negima lol

But y'know, today's youth is getting more perverted by the second.

In a couple of more eps, that could all change, yep
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 03:52   Link #142
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

What can I say? Shinbo + Kanemaki >>> GOD!!!!!

It's just ep1, and Negima!? already totally blows both the crap Negima TV and the original Negima manga out of the water, and more!

And the blackboard ROCKS!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 04:35   Link #143
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for SERVICE!!No peeking:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 17:52   Link #144
DSJFX18
Destiny

Hmm.... They have a university style classroom now. I thought the seating changed too, but then it seems they were just sitting where ever they please until the teacher arrived.
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 18:00   Link #145
martino
makes no files now

Hmmm...I just finished MSN, and in the first post in this thread it says that this will be a remake, but AniDB has it noted down as "related". ANN says that it will be a remake, so I guess that they are right...

In any case MSN has surely got to be one of my favourite shows. I really loved it.
Old 2006-10-07, 18:48   Link #146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJFX18 View Post
but then it seems they were just sitting where ever they please until the teacher arrived.
Indeed, you could say its a lil' play around to do with the original. A nice add-in i love. :3
Old 2006-10-07, 20:02   Link #147
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Whoa I also didnt know that this was going to be a remake! I hope this can blow up that TV Series that doesnt deserve to be called Negima
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 22:08   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
I was very please by what I saw. I understood none of the dialogue, which is important to me, but I was familiar enough with the story to follow along. What I saw, however, was an "artfulness," a desire to correct old mistakes, and ambition. It sometimes looked a little self-conscious, but I thought that was okay. The first series seemed to lack in ambition, and I suspect that's why so many people were disappointed.

It's ironic. Despite the fan service (which I absolutely don't have a problem with), I felt the first series skewed young. I really liked the characters, but I couldn't relate to it on any other level, so I stopped watching. We were lead to believe the new series was aimed at a younger audience, and the service was conspicuously absent, but it looked to me like a far more mature work. I even think the animators were having some reflexive (a la Gainax) fun with the lack of service in the opening scene. If I'm right, it was very clever.

I could be wrong. Again, I understood none of the dialogue, and I was watching the first episode of an anime that could go on forever. But I really had a good time watching it, so I'm really hopeful.
I'm getting the same feel and I haven't even seen ep 1 yet (just stills and clips)... this show looks more grownup than the Xebec series --- if we're lucky, they're going to pull a "warner brother" trick of slipping mature comments and situations in flying under the radar.

thanks to relentlessflame for the insight -- I had missed the connection between the two channels (free vs pay)... though it still is annoying. I remember watching Spartacus, 2001, and Ice Station Zebra on television (after I'd seen them at the movies) and being just appalled at the wretched decisions made with their pan'n'scan attempts.
Old 2006-10-08, 02:34   Link #149
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm getting the same feel and I haven't even seen ep 1 yet (just stills and clips)... this show looks more grownup than the Xebec series --- if we're lucky, they're going to pull a "warner brother" trick of slipping mature comments and situations in flying under the radar.
You know, I think that feeling is spreading everywhere

For me, I had a weird feeling the moment I watched the first episode. It looked...so different. I felt like slapping a new title to this series but seriously, I really felt different, like....a not-laughing kind of different. Well, put simply, when I watched the first episode, I didn't have the feeling I had when I watched the Xebec series. Trust me, the feeling I had was in a somewhat negative way....I just don't know how to describe it....

Now the only thing I was able to say after episode 1,

"Happy now, Mr. Ken?"

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 03:04   Link #150
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
So episode 1 have aired. Umm do you know where i can download it? I have seen it in YouTube but it's so bad quality. So please tell me
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 03:10   Link #151
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemaru View Post
So episode 1 have aired. Umm do you know where i can download it? I have seen it in YouTube but it's so bad quality. So please tell me
Well, you can go to Tokyotosho and search for Negima. Unfortunately I won't post a link since the TT is a....nvm, you get the idea

So far I don't know if a sub is out yet, so no comment.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 03:13   Link #152
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

I think sub is not done yet. So just raw is enough for now I try to find from Tokyotosho
Old 2006-10-08, 03:24   Link #153
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
I just finished doing quality check, it should be out by tomorrow ^^

Well..more like later today since it's like 1:30am xD

And of course it's not like the original Negima! or the TV series before it. It's Negima?! a complete remake. They even said themselves it wouldn't follow the manga. So all you manga loyalists out there would want this one to burn~ D;
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 03:57   Link #154
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Jinsoo you mean its gonna be AVI mode? :O
Old 2006-10-08, 06:36   Link #155
Lotiman

The animation is way improved from the previous series. The color is much more vibrant. Youtube is low quality version. I going to wait for the avi or mp4 version.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 06:48   Link #156
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
I just finished doing quality check, it should be out by tomorrow ^^

Well..more like later today since it's like 1:30am xD

And of course it's not like the original Negima! or the TV series before it. It's Negima?! a complete remake. They even said themselves it wouldn't follow the manga. So all you manga loyalists out there would want this one to burn~ D;
well good news...im having trouble finding the raw so i think ill just skip it and go for the subs ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 07:20   Link #157
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Yokattaa. I am waiting for it
Old 2006-10-08, 09:17   Link #158
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
Ahaha, that would depend on what kind of loyalist they are ^^ Many ought to be happy with this - it's not going to try and imitate the Manga so we can keep them as separate entities. The original series was trying to somewhat stick to the Manga and did so really poorly (the only 'inspired change' was Ep 19 w/ Sayo's backstory which was neat).

Sure there's 3 solutions to an anime adaptation (follow manga exactly, completely deviate, follow manga loosely with inspired alterations to keep things fresh) but quality and competency is most important beyond what they decide to have as a plot structure.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 11:59   Link #159
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Ahaha, that would depend on what kind of loyalist they are ^^ Many ought to be happy with this - it's not going to try and imitate the Manga so we can keep them as separate entities. The original series was trying to somewhat stick to the Manga and did so really poorly (the only 'inspired change' was Ep 19 w/ Sayo's backstory which was neat).
Of course, that was due to the fact that the original series completely ignored the fantasy aspect (which was the main backbone of the show) and instead only focused on the "harem aspect".

Quote:
Sure there's 3 solutions to an anime adaptation (follow manga exactly, completely deviate, follow manga loosely with inspired alterations to keep things fresh) but quality and competency is most important beyond what they decide to have as a plot structure.
When it comes to any changes made to the new series, I won't mind them just as long as SHAFT acknowledges
Spoiler:

BTW, keep up with the pictures, Maids. I would definitely like to see some more unique Negima that I haven't sene on Mahora Academy or AQS yet.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:56   Link #160
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

It's gonna air tomorrow? Um tell us then where we can get it "nee"?