AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 13.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 20.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 13.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-29, 13:23   Link #441
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
It's a lesser version of the Star Trek effect, more like Player Piano... once your industrial facilities and production techniques are advanced/efficient enough and production has a low enough labor intensity only things with artistic value, requiring the most advanced technology or rarest materials to produce, and land remain very valuable.
Yes, and I don't know that land would be that valuable either, in Midchilda, come to think of it. Even if at one point in their history, they had a high population, they've had a long time for the excess to move to countless worlds and for birth control to bring the population down.
Old 2007-04-29, 16:14   Link #442
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
I just had the minor thought that from the rear end of Fate's car and the storm raider it seems like the Midchildan aesthetic favors boxy vehicles.
For some reason i read that as "Fate's rear end"

Looking at the scream caps, subuaru looks much more mature then i thought at the beginning.

We defintely need either a Hot Spring or a Beach Ep.
Old 2007-04-29, 16:25   Link #443
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think i need glasses as well cause i swear that the word "car" wasnt in that sentence

and onsen ep is a must...for the sake of fanservice and fans with too much blood in their bodies we will get an onsen scene!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-29, 16:37   Link #444
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Haha, I've done some similar misreading around here myself. Can't remember exactly what or when but there were some pretty terrible double entendres involved.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:01   Link #445
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Having experienced military life before (and will again soon...), it amuses me to see that the toilet/shower-room for the cadets is so... spacious, so... clean, so... pristine, so... luxurious.
True, but I can see several justifications for the situation;
  1. Despite there recruit status, I get the impression that Hayate's little club is something of an elite or special forces type unit. After all, this one unit has three of the most powerful mages in the whole organization and they are being tasked with retreiving some unusually powerful and dangerous artifacts. So, it may make sense they they get a few little perks that the normal grunts don't.
  2. The 6th Mobile is obviously being heavily funded, what with the pimp holodeck training area, state-of-the-art equipment and new magic devises all around. It probably makes sense to spend some of that funding on nice housing for the staff.
  3. I also get the impression that despite the ranks and such, this may be only a "quasi-miliatary" organizations. So, it might make more sense to look at the way that the CIA or FBI might house a special ops unit, rather than how the military would house a normal enlisted unit.
  4. Finally, its an anime. They have ships that fly between dimentions and 9 year old girls who can level city blocks with their magic wands. Comared to that nice showers and plush sleeping quarters don't seem so unbelievable.
Quote:
I have no complaints about the skirmish between Nanoha and the scrubs.
Yeah, it looks very reasonable to me. Nanoha was giving them a training challange, not trying to defeat them. Everyone else was dirty and worn out but she never even looked like she cracked a sweat.
Quote:
This is probably why Vita's training is after Nanoha's despite having a lower Mage-rank,
Yeah, I can't see Vita having the personality or the inclination to "hold back" so the recruits better be darn ready before they start training with her.

Quote:
Raising Heart helped to re-design Subaru's roller-blades and Teana's gun?
Sure! Why not? After all, Raising Heart and Bardiche helped re-design themselves in A's.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-04-29 at 20:26.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:10   Link #446
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Yeah, I can't see Vita having the personality or the inclination to "hold back" so the recruits better be darn ready before they start training with her.

I keep getting this image of Vita playing Whack-a-mole with the recurits
Old 2007-04-29, 20:27   Link #447
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I keep getting this image of Vita playing Whack-a-mole with the recurits
I have this picture of her playing croquet with their heads, myself.
Old 2007-04-29, 23:32   Link #448
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I have this picture of her playing croquet with their heads, myself.
I'm definitely gonna see "knock it down 20" totally redefined...
Old 2007-04-30, 05:09   Link #449
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
We will see play croquet in Ep6 , I'm really looking forward to it
Old 2007-04-30, 05:44   Link #450
Bloodseeker

Comments time!

-Just like I thought from the character design when I first saw it... Teana = brains of the team.

-"Everyone's been using the training ones... I guess that its time to switch to the new devices for active combat." Huh? I thought that Subaru's and Teana's weapons were self-built? And they don't look like they have a clue, so that means that they didn't build them for training only.

-A member of the church AND opposite views of Hayate huh? Sounds like a potential villain to me.

-Fanservice time!

-So they didn't just forget about their weapons being homemade... so why exactly did Nanoha call them training devices?

-Poor Elio, getting left out of shower room bonding time...

-Keeping stuff from headquarters... yeah, I really wouldn't be surprised if she were manipulating Mobile Section 6. Let's see if she tries to get them to turn over some of the Lost Logia to her for safekeeping later.

-I guess that explains why Nanoha's barrier wasn't completely impenetrable to a bunch of mages are greenhorns in comparison.

-*awaits epic power ups*

-Wait, they limit them because they don't want weaker teams to feel bitter that they suck ass in comparison to stronger teams? That's a dumb excuse for power limiters! I was expecting something like keeping their powers in check so that they don't accidentally damage the dimension! *is tempted to go off on a rant about something else altogether*

-They need permission from Carim to remove the limiters? Possible future bad guy hinting moment? "We need to remove the limiters!""Hold on a sec... bad news! Headquarters denied the request!"

-OMG! They actually learned how to spell "alert"!

-There had better be a mage controlling those robots from somewhere nearby. *really want to see Subaru and Teana kick the crap out of something other than robots for once*

-Kyaro fears the reaper.

-Not a bad episode, this season's been entertaining so far despite the fact that it has yet to pick up, but damn, am I ever ready for the main problem to get into full swing.

-I honestly won't be surprised by any role that Carim takes... she could easily be the mastermind behind whatever problems are about to show up (she's in an almost perfect position to manipulate a powerful team that could easily gather up lots of Lost Logia for her), or she could be a willing or unwilling pawn (the direct underling supporting her master's cause, or someone that's being coerced into working against her friends), or I could just be seeing stuff that isn't there. (she did seem friendly and close to Hayate... though seeming like a geniunely good person in front of the right people is one of the trademarks of a true evil mastermind)
Old 2007-04-30, 05:48   Link #451
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

On comments regarding the devices... I would think that Nanoha and Co. would refer to them as "Training Devices" because that's what they've been used for all this time. Even if they know that the Anchor Gun and Subaru's skates were custom built (the reason they were paired up in the first place), it's not as if they have been using them outside of training.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-30, 05:51   Link #452
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You don't have to worry about evil Carim (in the event of one) messing up the limiter. Hayate could ask either Carim or Chrono for permission. And even if she just removes it without permission, I'm sure both of them are willing to cover her ass about it.

And as it was discussed several million pages before, only a set number of ranks could be in a division, this is to even out the power level.

Hayate's bending this rule so that she could pull all her best players together. It's just for formality sake.

And if you asked why couldn't the top brass simply ignored the rule for them, it's probably because they don't want to create any political backlash. They themselves must want their top guns on this job.
Old 2007-04-30, 05:51   Link #453
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On comments regarding the devices... I would think that Nanoha and Co. would refer to them as "Training Devices" because that's what they've been used for all this time. Even if they know that the Anchor Gun and Subaru's skates were custom built (the reason they were paired up in the first place), it's not as if they have been using them outside of training.
But when you hear "training devices", you think of devices built for training, when Subaru and Teana obviously didn't build their weapons for training purposes alone. That was bad wording.
Old 2007-04-30, 05:54   Link #454
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
But when you hear "training devices", you think of devices built for training, when Subaru and Teana obviously didn't build their weapons for training purposes alone. That was bad wording.
They probably want their weapon to do more... But as kids how big of a weapon could they build themselves anyway?

The level of their homemade weapons are probably around the level of a 'training' weapon.
Old 2007-04-30, 05:54   Link #455
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
-"Everyone's been using the training ones... I guess that its time to switch to the new devices for active combat." Huh? I thought that Subaru's and Teana's weapons were self-built? And they don't look like they have a clue, so that means that they didn't build them for training only.

-So they didn't just forget about their weapons being homemade... so why exactly did Nanoha call them training devices?
Well, they were build with the recources given by the training academy, not to mention neither Tia or Subaru were R&D members, meaning te only knowledge they had on how the things worked was what they learned in class. It's a miracle they even managed to put working devices together.

Quote:
-I honestly won't be surprised by any role that Carim takes... she could easily be the mastermind behind whatever problems are about to show up (she's in an almost perfect position to manipulate a powerful team that could easily gather up lots of Lost Logia for her), or she could be a willing or unwilling pawn (the direct underling supporting her master's cause, or someone that's being coerced into working against her friends), or I could just be seeing stuff that isn't there. (she did seem friendly and close to Hayate... though seeming like a geniunely good person in front of the right people is one of the trademarks of a true evil mastermind)
Yeah, that little bug was nibbling at me too. Honestly? I'd be more surprised if she won't turn out to be responsible for this drone madness in some way or another.
Old 2007-04-30, 05:59   Link #456
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You don't have to worry about evil Carim (in the event of one) messing up the limiter. Hayate could ask either Carim or Chrono for permission.
Nanoha isn't the kind of show that has evil clones, despite what certain fanarts might make you think.

What I was saying earlier was that if Carim's evil, when she wants a certain member out of the way or something, she might make it look like she talked to Chrono, even though she didn't.

Quote:
And as it was discussed several million pages before, only a set number of ranks could be in a division, this is to even out the power level.
And like I said... dumb. Limiting their power just so that the weaker teams don't get bitter that they suck and the stronger people don't? Come on. *continues to resist urge to rant*

Quote:
Hayate's bending this rule so that she could pull all her best players together. It's just for formality sake.

And if you asked why couldn't the top brass simply ignored the rule for them, it's probably because they don't want to create any political backlash. They themselves must want their top guns on this job.
*doesn't remember them mentioning any bending of the rules*

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, that little bug was nibbling at me too. Honestly? I'd be more surprised if she won't turn out to be responsible for this drone madness in some way or another.
She in a perfect position to be a or even the bad guy, but on the other hand, she did seem geniunely close to Hayate. I wouldn't be surprised if she just turned out to be an honest, straight laced commander that's just looking out for her friends and subordinates. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised by any direction that she takes.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-04-30 at 06:09.
Old 2007-04-30, 06:05   Link #457
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nanoha isn't the kind of show that has evil clones, despite what certain fanarts might make you think.

What I was saying earlier was that if Carim's evil, when she wants a certain member out of the way or something, she might make it look like she talked to Chrono, even though she didn't.
Lol, nono~ I noe what you meant

When I said 'in the event of one', I meant 'if Carim DOES turns out to be evil'.

Quote:
And like I said... dumb. Limiting their power just so that the weaker teams don't get bitter that they suck and the stronger people don't? Come on. *continues to resist urge to rant*
No, they'll complain that WHY are the STRONGER people gathering together, INSTEAD of spreading them out to help out with the other departments.

Quote:
*doesn't remember them mentioning any bending of the rules*
It's not being said literally, but it's what Hayate's doing.

Not every high powered mage gets a limiter. Hayate's using them to get pass the loophole of the rule that states that a department can only have a certain number of mages with high ranks (Not in that exact wording though)
Old 2007-04-30, 06:09   Link #458
Bloodseeker

*rewatches*

Ah. I completely misread that scene the first time.

Edit:

Its still pretty dumb though. Our military puts a lot of the top guys into special forces or specialized units, but you don't see the units with the more average soldiers griping about it.
Old 2007-04-30, 06:12   Link #459
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

It always amuses me that people are quick to judge the TSAB, but not the protagonists themselves. Thereby adding credence to the adage that if you are a cute girl, you can get away with almost anything up to murder.

Natch.
Old 2007-04-30, 06:16   Link #460
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It always amuses me that people are quick to judge the TSAB, but not the protagonists themselves. Thereby adding credence to the adage that if you are a cute girl, you can get away with almost anything up to murder.

Natch.
Carim is pretty hot.

Precia had her moments too.
Closed Thread