AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-28, 10:29   Link #1
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae (Hell Girl 3rd Season)

The third season of your favorite revenge-spawning TV show, always great at showing the dark side of humanity, is back for an awesome third season! Yeah, you've heard it right. And apparently, Enma Ai is gonna be back too.
Spoiler for For second season:

Source: Moonphase
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 10:58   Link #2
cyth
Banned

[rant]
This little additional season production trend needs to die off before it spreads even further. -_-,

D.C.II. S.S.
Zero no Tsukaima 3rd season
When They Cry (1,2) 3rd season
Gag Manga Biyori 3rd season
Jigoku Shoujo 3rd season

= srslynothx
[/rant]
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 11:43   Link #3
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah, it sure seems like a lot of shows are starting to run surprisingly long...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:12   Link #4
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Sounds like Japanese TV is trying to do what is done here in the States.

You find a show that had high ratings, then hit it with a stick until there is only a skinny husk of a show left that everyone hates at that point.

Shows that get a high rating in the US go on for like 5-9 seasons, with a few in their teens and twenties.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:46   Link #5
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

The second season, Futakomori, was a vast improvement over the first. Less repetitive, far more interesting stories and a satisfying conclusion at the end, though it did raise a lot of questions for the viewers to think about. A third season would really be an interesting way to answer these. I, for one, am definitely interested in seeing how it goes and how the writers plan it. And more Ai isn't a bad thing at all.
Spoiler for Questions remaining at the end of the second season:
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 14:37   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Third season, huh?

After the end of the second season, just how will this play out?

Well... another season of sending people to hell...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 14:41   Link #7
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Um, I would have said new Hell Girl, but is Ai is coming back...who knows.
Old 2007-12-28, 14:50   Link #8
Tiberium Wolf

I never get bored to see ppl being sent to hell.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2007-12-28 at 15:11.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 15:04   Link #9
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

:eyespin:

WTH? Jigoku Shoujo 3rd season? I just red about the news few minutes ago, I will need few more hours before the shock to pass...
I was (like most of poeple certainly) sure that Enma's stories had finished at the end the second season, but it appears that Deen decided differently.

The question now is : will Enma come back miraculously?
Personally, I would like to see her as an human, I think it could be interesting to see her trying to stop Kikuri as Hajime and Tsugumi had done with here before...

BTW :
Spoiler for some more thought...:

Hope Mamiko Noto will still voicing the lead character ^^
Old 2007-12-28, 22:12   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What purpose could a third season of this possibly have???? Getting that nasty "milking the dead cow" feeling....

Well.... best to see what the story summary is.
Old 2007-12-29, 02:00   Link #11
Sakuya
*Artist

I thought the second season finale ended pretty nicely for Enma Ai. IMO it'd actually be way more interesting for a new Jigoku Shoujo instead of Enma Ai again...
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:27   Link #12
anisha
hi!

Smile

i want the 3rd season to be more exciting and interesting, nothing like Jigoku Shouju
anisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 03:46   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisha View Post
i want the 3rd season to be more exciting and interesting, nothing like Jigoku Shouju

This is Jigoku Shoujo though. You know, the show that is primarily episodic except for the end which in first season was "those two" and the second season was "that boy". Besides those episodes, it was just weekly episodes of "person that acts so horribly you want to slaughter them" and "victim who sells his soul to hell"...
Unless you are trying to say that you want it to be more interesting than the first season.

Of course, for this season, I don't know... They could start it with an episode of hell sending and slowly introduce the final plot like Enma Ai, or start the third season by explaining everything before going on to the hell sending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Getting that nasty "milking the dead cow" feeling....
So do I... Though they could explain what happened Hajime and Tsugumi (not looking too well in the second season...).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 03:48   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Woot Woot Woot Third season I am still not over the Live Action . this news is awesome Xp
Old 2007-12-29, 09:54   Link #15
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Third Season of this title ? I have to wonder how that is going to play out, considering the end of second season. I just hope they don't come up with something cheeZy to bring Ai back ...though one can argue no one really knows what happened to her at the end of2, but that excuse is stretching it.

At any rate, i hope for something with an actual sense of continuation this time around. I think 50 episodes of the same stuff is enough ... i would prefer them stop beating on this dead horse, unless they have found a way to make the third season stand out compared to the first two.
Old 2007-12-29, 11:01   Link #16
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Skyfall, they will have some excuse to bring her back, most likely making us go, "come on!"

But any time a show gets good rating, the guys at the top will always want to get as much money out of it.
Old 2007-12-29, 11:26   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I am just taken aback like the rest of you guys when I learned that there's going to be a third season.

I have no knowledge of the anime industry, but the scarcely I know is that the otaku audience general likes to follow only short-lived titles. The Jigoku Shoujo anime franchise spawned 52 episodes, scattered in two seasons each composed of 26 episodes.
A third season will be an overkill and bush beating, unless the animation staff pulls out a clever twist in order to deliver a coherent way to continue the story just like Skyfall said.

How they plan to do so? Well, nobody knows what happened to Ai at the end of season two.
Spoiler:

For myself I do love the Jigoku Shoujo stories, and I have been wondering if this demand for a third season is due that Jigoku Shoujo immediately garnered cult status among the spectators who watch it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
The second season, Futakomori, was a vast improvement over the first. Less repetitive, far more interesting stories and a satisfying conclusion at the end, though it did raise a lot of questions for the viewers to think about. A third season would really be an interesting way to answer these. I, for one, am definitely interested in seeing how it goes and how the writers plan it. And more Ai isn't a bad thing at all.
Spoiler for Questions remaining at the end of the second season:
If third season comes and is produced to be a third TV series, then it won't be bad if they can finally address two key questions that I have since the end of the first season.
Spoiler:

No other data has been announced for season three, therefore, I presume that if they follow with the tradition then season three might come out on October 2008.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 14:30   Link #18
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I wonder if in half a decade the only things we will watch will be third or fourth season continuations of shows that should have ended long ago..plus bleach, naruto, and the other long ones, lol.
Old 2007-12-29, 14:38   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

How about a Jigoku Shoujo Survivor series.

A dozen cute lolis compete for the job as the next Jigoku Shoujo with Ai, Grandma Spidy and Kirki as the Judges.
Old 2007-12-29, 16:21   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
How about a Jigoku Shoujo Survivor series.

A dozen cute lolis compete for the job as the next Jigoku Shoujo with Ai, Grandma Spidy and Kirki as the Judges.
And they can decide which of the lolis will get sent to hell each week from an online poll on the official site
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural