Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-21, 23:44   Link #861
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Im disgusted by the fact that Sigma only sold 30 K in its opening in Japan. What the hell is wrong with people.

The game looks so freaking good, that it hurts.
Actually, it sold 46,307 for its first week(unless that 30K was for it's First Day sales). Not that surprising though, It's normally a Nintendo Party when it comes to the software charts now. This week was just a glitch in the matrix, you had NGS(PS3) in 3rd place, and Trusty Bell(360) in 2nd place. Next week both will fade to black. Sucks, but eh, it is what it is. Hopefully Folklore will do decent over there, think it released yesterday.

Fun fact: Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox sold 42,686 in it's first week over there. So it's not that bad, and Xbox had less than half the userbase compared to the PS3. NG just won't sell well over there regardless. It makes it money in the west

Edit: Speaking of Folklore, he's 2 new videos.
http://www.playsyde.com/news_4486_en.html
http://www.playsyde.com/news_4483_en.html

Game looks too gorgeous. I don't care what it sells like, they can count on at least 1 sell from Lebron

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-06-22 at 00:44.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:01   Link #862
arias

Folklore looks and sounds fantastic. It doesn't seem to be all that next-gen in terms of graphics, and I've heard a mixed reception of it since the demo but the idea is pretty good. Plus the battles seem to be a handful Let's see how that turns out.

One that disappeared quite awkwardly off the map is SHirokishi Monogatari.. White Knight Story. Now that looked an AAAA title and it's weird there isn't continued hype on it. Level 5 seem to be quite secretive about it.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:16   Link #863
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, typical Level 5 secrecy. I really do doubt the game will be released this Fall, like some places are saying. They could be giving it a Blue Dragon like treatment, and keeping it pretty secret until TGS to finally unveil it a few months before it's Nov-Dec release. However, I doubt that's the case. I don't think we will know till TGS, since I don't think it will make an appearance at E3 next month. I really am hoping it will make an '08 release, really don't want to juggle between that game and Lost Odyssey for winter break :P

FFXIII + Cry On + White Knight Story for 2008. That will do just fine for me, thank you.
Old 2007-06-22, 01:34   Link #864
arias

Well, if the PS3 doesn't have more showpieces this year it will be f&cked. If it doesn't deliver on some fronts before this holiday season (Nov/December), I can't see it making up the lost ground too much ever after. In other words, it'll crash.

Hopefully we get news on White Knight Story sometime soon.
Old 2007-06-22, 01:55   Link #865
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Well, if the PS3 doesn't have more showpieces this year it will be f&cked. If it doesn't deliver on some fronts before this holiday season (Nov/December), I can't see it making up the lost ground too much ever after. In other words, it'll crash.

Hopefully we get news on White Knight Story sometime soon.
Yeah, I hope we get some info soon too. Not expecting it, but I'm hoping

as for more showpieces, they do have R & C, Lair, Uncharted, LBP, Heavenly Sword, *rumored* UT3(exclusive for this year), Eye of Judgment, Haze(exclusive for this year) Folklore, NGS, and MGS4(?) releasing this year, a long with the multi-platform titles. It's a far more impressive line-up than the 360 had for it's first year. Now the jury is still out if all those will AAA titles, but they at least show off what the PS3 is capable of.

E3 will be fun. After seeing how they handled their Gamer Day event, I think they will deliver a pretty good showing.

Also, if you want to believe Krazy Kan's words, he did say this in a recent interview.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25971
Quote:
Kaz Hirai, president of Sony Computer Entertainment, has promised a total of 380 titles for release on the PlayStation 3 before next March.

According to a Reuters report, the company boss told the Nikkei business daily that the massive software push was to help boost slow sales of the next-gen console.

Around 200 of the expected titles will be boxed for retail, while a further 180 games are to be made available over the PlayStation Network.
Old 2007-06-22, 02:05   Link #866
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
as for more showpieces, they do have R & C, Lair, Uncharted, LBP, Heavenly Sword, *rumored* UT3(exclusive for this year), Eye of Judgment, Haze(exclusive for this year) Folklore, NGS, and MGS4(?) releasing this year, a long with the multi-platform titles. It's a far more impressive line-up than the 360 had for it's first year. Now the jury is still out if all those will AAA titles, but they at least show off what the PS3 is capable of.

E3 will be fun. After seeing how they handled their Gamer Day event, I think they will deliver a pretty good showing.
Well, I know of all those titles.. I've been keeping track of the PS3 : p The problem is in considering the various genres and sub-markets these titles will be cornering. The fortunate thing about this console battle so far is that the X360 has quality titles but it's overwhelmed almost purely on FPS and Simulator racing games. The RPG market is still wide, wide open.

In fact, good RPG titles are key to taking Japan's hardcore gaming market (Wii has created, and taken the casual gamer market). Lost Odyssey is Microsoft's key strategic chesspiece for that. If Sony doesn't have a counter, the tides may change in Japan, where Microsoft is still now at a severe disadvantage.

I'll only be able to play the PS3 in a few years, so I'm only sitting back and moaning to all the nice games that's arriving..
Old 2007-06-22, 02:18   Link #867
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Level 5...A company that makes well designed games without a hint of originality. Best way to sum them up.

Atleast they are not as bad as Naughty Dog...

There are companies some are not fond of...For me...These are just the tip of the berg...Normally because they get attention others deserve...Atlus and Insomanic!!! Even though I have to say...I probably will buy Drake's And White Knight...I just know the games will be a composite from other games lol
Old 2007-06-22, 02:27   Link #868
Lebron
I hear voices

The PS3's situation is pretty much up in the air. Still, it really isn't that much of a bad thing if they lose the #1 spot this gen--which I think they will. Sometimes you have to fall down, in order to learn how to pick yourself back up again(Batman Begins reference :P).

Anyway, I can't wait till Team ICO shows off their PS3 game. The awesomeness that awaits us! The mind boggles!

@Shinoto
BLASPHEMY!
Old 2007-06-22, 02:32   Link #869
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:

@Shinoto
BLASPHEMY!
Sparta?....Desu
Old 2007-06-22, 03:24   Link #870
Sides

Quote:
Also, if you want to believe Krazy Kan's words, he did say this in a recent interview.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25971
And this: confirmation by sony, on gamesindustry
380 titles are the international figures.
Break it down and you have, 145 titles for the US and probably
the same number (or more) for the JPN market,
and 90 (probably less) for the PAL nations.

Don't know if Sony considers the asian market separate to the japanese one,
since the games are normally marked as ntsc-j.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 07:46   Link #871
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
And this: confirmation by sony, on gamesindustry
380 titles are the international figures.
Break it down and you have, 145 titles for the US and probably
the same number (or more) for the JPN market,
and 90 (probably less) for the PAL nations.

Don't know if Sony considers the asian market separate to the japanese one,
since the games are normally marked as ntsc-j.
Pretty much bullocks by using a spin^^ Kind of like how they announce Sold figures. Shipped means Sold according to Sony. Good Times at Neogaf that was
Old 2007-06-22, 08:32   Link #872
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Beautiful as it may, it's just a remake with some added bonus, don't expect sales to skyrocket. Even though it is the first NG to ever make it to the PS3, any NG fanatics would probably have played it over on the xbox already.
The thing is, Xbox users are practically non-existant in Japan.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 08:57   Link #873
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Good Times at Neogaf that was
I remember that
Quote:
The thing is, Xbox users are practically non-existant in Japan.
That, and NG just sells like ass in Japan. The fact that the PS3 numbers are pretty much identical to the Xbox's(with less than half the userbase) proves that. They could care less about NG, no matter what system it's on.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-06-22 at 11:28.
Old 2007-06-22, 09:15   Link #874
Sides

The first 3 Ninja Gaiden titles did sell pretty decent on the famicom/nes,
but time has change and the gamers as well.
I notice that most japanese gamers don't like games that are too hard,
quite opposite to the 4th generation era.
I mean famitsu gave godhand an average score 25 (or 26 ?),
with the remarks that it was too hard, iirc.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:21   Link #875
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The first 3 Ninja Gaiden titles did sell pretty decent on the famicom/nes,
but time has change and the gamers as well.
I notice that most japanese gamers don't like games that are too hard,
quite opposite to the 4th generation era.
I mean famitsu gave godhand an average score 25 (or 26 ?),
with the remarks that it was too hard, iirc.
lol Famitsu, the people that gave FFXII a prefect But yeah, it would seem that times have changed over there.
Old 2007-06-23, 19:40   Link #876
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
Anyway, I can't wait till Team ICO shows off their PS3 game.
They should. They really should.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 20:09   Link #877
arias

I went to read up on all the MGS4 PS3 exclusivity literature... and including the Konami Production weekly podcast session 44 (http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/99.html).. and as far as I'm concerned, with all the hints being dropped around, MGS4 is probably not a PS3 exclusive. It will go on the 360.

Now I'll have even more shit to wade through on Kotaku.com ... ;_; I want to cry.

TEAM ICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 2007-06-24, 14:45   Link #878
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I went to read up on all the MGS4 PS3 exclusivity literature... and including the Konami Production weekly podcast session 44 (http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/99.html).. and as far as I'm concerned, with all the hints being dropped around, MGS4 is probably not a PS3 exclusive. It will go on the 360.

Now I'll have even more shit to wade through on Kotaku.com ... ;_; I want to cry.

TEAM ICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
With regard to that podcast, what was telling for you in particular?

I kind of assumed that there's a chance that it's going to be a timed exclusive...
Old 2007-06-24, 14:56   Link #879
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
With regard to that podcast, what was telling for you in particular?

I kind of assumed that there's a chance that it's going to be a timed exclusive...
The previous podcasts, I think, had Ryan Patton's comments which you can check from (http://www.metalgearsolid.org/show_features.php?id=1162). This podcast had that whole secrecy factor, which I really think is going to serve the X360.

We'll definitely see this July.

As for it being a timed exclusive; that's probably likely. Actually, to think of it, Sony has some really heavyweight first party title developers. I only noticed this quite recently.
Old 2007-06-24, 15:17   Link #880
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, out of the three competitors, I'm interested in Sony's first party offerings the most right now. Nintendo is a distant second, believe it or not. A good Zelda game now and then is cool and all, but I'm just tired of all the Mario's and whatnot. (I actually prefer Majora's Mask over Ocarina, so yeah...)

Microsoft's first party titles? Hmmm, not so much. I'm kind of indifferent to them actually. I plan on buying one when the hardware issues have settled down. Until then, I'll be buying the games and holding on to them.

Tags
console, ps3, sony