AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 30.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-09, 04:21   Link #61
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Actually just some kind of advice to some people here, you may or may not follow it:

If the only point or your post in this thread is to rant how bad this show is you might as well not post here. Stop expecting something like Index fighting or Himegami action or whatever since it wont happen. I am seriously tired of reading posts whose only content is "and Index vanished again lol" or "still no Index fighting >_>"
By the same count I can say that if your only intent is to heap praises on the episode, you might as well not post here. That would render this thread rather pointless wouldn't it?

The entire purpose of this thread is to discuss the episode, both the good and the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Hope to know the reason why Cromwell want's to wage war against academy city in the next episode and what are the other "level 5's" of academy city doing? Guess they don't have any responsibility on protecting the city
Well, we know she's not so much there to fight as that she's after Hyouka... which makes me wonder, what would a Mage want with someone created out of Psychic AIM Fields?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 05:00   Link #62
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Why is Index acting as if she never seen Mikoto before? I mean she already met her, though that was a clone but still..... (and she didn't even knew that was one).
Plot hole lol.

Best scene of this episode (and maybe even the entire series): Index and Biri Biri's verbal stoush. First they were antagonistic to each other, then they both turned on Touma. But for Shirai to point out that Mikoto has gone for Touma "heart and body" was the icing on the cake. Awesome.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 05:21   Link #63
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Good epi, but yeah, i don't understand why Touma let Hyouka run toward Shelley, probably he freak out when he saw her head open lol
Mikoto and Index arguing is funny, but Index that try to defend Touma is pretty annoying, when you're useless should act accordingly, pity that the Golem hasn't crushed her
For now Touma save the day, but i want see if at the end he finish again to the hospital
Old 2009-03-09, 05:45   Link #64
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Hope to know the reason why Cromwell want's to wage war against academy city in the next episode and what are the other "level 5's" of academy city doing? Guess they don't have any responsibility on protecting the city
Well Sherry with orders from the highers ups were to kidnap Hyouka. They seem to believe she is the Imaginary Numeral District Key. She said it would be a waste leaving her to a city of scientists and Espers.

Like Index Necessarius likes hoarding stuff. Though the assertion she is the INDK could be mistaken. Remember the whole library in brain needs memories to be wiped out lie.

Though logically if Sherry compared Hyouka to her familliar Ellis it could be Nescesarrius is afraid of Academy City creating artificial life. Taking the few advantages mages have over Espers.

Law enforcement is Justice and Anti-Skills jobs. Though Kuroko appreciates her Onee-sama's help she is still a civilian. Even if the low lifes of the city are afarid of them as the strongest combi.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 05:48   Link #65
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
<snip>
Mikoto and Index arguing is funny, but Index that try to defend Touma is pretty annoying, when you're useless should act accordingly, pity that the Golem hasn't crushed her
For now Touma save the day, but i want see if at the end he finish again to the hospital

Knowledge is a very powerful weapon. Index is prob the only one that could defeat Sherry in a 1:1 battle if the manga would actually allow her to fight.

But we haven't been allowed to see how dangerous a freed Index really is since she can use magic.
Old 2009-03-09, 06:21   Link #66
Plant42

Quote:
Sorry, but you are grievously wrong about that.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 06:49   Link #67
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

For this until i see her in action i can't say other; for now was pretty useless so i want see what her can do and what kind of power she have, after i can change my point of view, but not now
Old 2009-03-09, 07:01   Link #68
orion

Quote:
For this until i see her in action i can't say other; for now was pretty useless so i want see what her can do and what kind of power she have, after i can change my point of view, but not now
We've already seen her hold 2 mages and Touma at bay. Doubt that any of the espers could accomplish that.

We prob won't get to see Index go all out which is a shame.
Old 2009-03-09, 07:04   Link #69
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah. The only problem is Index is still convinced she can't use magic, the other two mages don't seem to be in a rush to tell her she can and Touma has no memory of the event so he doesn't even know she can.

In short: Until someone tells her she can use magic, Index is useless for anything besides analyzing magic.
Old 2009-03-09, 07:17   Link #70
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

In short: Until someone tells her she can use magic, Index is useless for anything besides analyzing magic.
Nope she had a spell that didn't consume any magic power, and not to mention that she also had a special attack technique(not magic) that only belong to her who own all substances from 103,000 magic books.

P.S. The author can't let anyone tell her that she can use magic(may be he'll do that in the ending arc for the series,which won't oncoming.), since doing that will make her become the most deadly entity in the series.

Last edited by Plant42; 2009-03-09 at 07:54.
Old 2009-03-09, 07:57   Link #71
Bordix

Quote:
Law enforcement is Justice and Anti-Skills jobs. Though Kuroko appreciates her Onee-sama's help she is still a civilian. Even if the low lifes of the city are afarid of them as the strongest combi.
Wow, they are so lucky. I mean academy city just helps them out with their powers and that's it, their probably free to do what they want to do.

and Am I the only one who found it funny when Kazakiri suddenly got headshot and mauled around by that golem? (twas so sudden and really unexpected, I would have never thought a sweet looking girl to get beaten up like that)
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 09:06   Link #72
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Am I the only one who found it funny when Kazakiri suddenly got headshot and mauled around by that golem? (twas so sudden and really unexpected, I would have never thought a sweet looking girl to get beaten up like that)
Nope, i think your the only one in this board who did, me and the others on the other hand, didn't found it funny but horrified that it happen to a nice girl like her and i bet it was painful to watch for some. The only people i know who agree with you were does from myanimelist. My god they were mean of what they said about it!
Old 2009-03-09, 09:08   Link #73
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Nope she had a spell that didn't consume any magic power, and not to mention that she also had a special attack technique(not magic) that only belong to her who own all substances from 103,000 magic books.

P.S. The author can't let anyone tell her that she can use magic(may be he'll do that in the ending arc for the series,which won't oncoming.), since doing that will make her become the most deadly entity in the series.
Probably, but this for someone that know it after reading the novels, but for someone who only watches the epi isn't so. After the first arc, where you see her go all out but this only because that sort of program that she had, what you see for entire season? A useless loli freeloader in the house of others that giving orders right and left, saying "I want this and that" as a child, that bite her sort of guardian, that play as a child with a cat and some fanservice that you can't like it if you're not a lolicon...
This is the only things that i saw for now, so i hope to see her in action at the end of this season for change my thinking, because for now i see her only as a useless being, that is good as a dictionary
Old 2009-03-09, 09:14   Link #74
orion

Now I'm not a novel reader but I figured out that Index has potential. So you can't use being a anime watcher as an excuse.

That program actually shows us her full potential when she uses magic. That installed program didn't really boost her power more than she already had. She held 2 mages and Touma at bay. She healed herself using the power of an angel. She even gave Touma amnesia. She has access to all the spells in the world for which she can execute perfectly. That makes her the most dangerous entity in the series.
Old 2009-03-09, 09:22   Link #75
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

But there has never shown her to use those powers of its own volition, you can have all the potential that you want, but if you don't use it you're pretty useless you know, you can die very easily
And this isn't a excuse, is my point of view as watcher, as that you said is your
Old 2009-03-09, 09:35   Link #76
Bordix

tag em spoilers pls XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Nope, i think your the only one in this board who did, me and the others on the other hand, didn't found it funny but horrified that it happen to a nice girl like her and i bet it was painful to watch for some. The only people i know who agree with you were does from myanimelist. My god they were mean of what they said about it!
I'm sorry if you got offended, I laughed because it
Quote:
"(twas so sudden and really unexpected, I would have never thought a sweet looking girl to get beaten up like that)"
I saw some novel Illustrations before watching the episode, about Touma stopping the golem So, I really expected him to stop it.....but what I got was Kazakiri getting a headshot so I was surprised(splurted out my drink XD) and lol'd at the randomness. More of that, it got all creepy, then suddenly she got up in a weird way then ran towards golem and got thrown to the ceiling (crazy animation btw XD) again I wasn't laughing because she got beaten up, but because of the total randomness

I too want to see Index in action, not the biting one but the "real" fighting one but seriously after seeing Index getting minor roles and all the comic relief stuff, I just can't take her seriously though there was time I was taking her seriously when she was in ..uhm... "john pen's mode"
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 10:26   Link #77
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Nope, i think your the only one in this board who did,
I chuckled and went "Boom! Headshot!" Mostly because I severely dislike her character. Seriously, meganekko, big breasts and shy-moe? I already severely dislike shy-moe's, and rarely think glasses suit them (in fact, quite the oposite). Then they give her big breasts to round up the stereotype and attract more popularity.

Komoe-sensei says she's a lifeform created out of random AIM fields, I say she's a lifeform created out out random moe atractors thrown in a pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
If you're talking about the fight after Touma destroyed the Church's seal, those were magic techniques. Index even calls them as such, and Touma's hand negated them pretty fine, didn't it?

So Index can use magic, she just isn't aware of this because nobody tells her she can, and she's still believing the Church's lie that she can't.

Quote:
But there has never shown her to use those powers of its own volition, you can have all the potential that you want, but if you don't use it you're pretty useless you know, you can die very easily
She has perfect knowledge of the combined 103.000 grimoires and magical tomes. She knows more on how to use magic then any human being can ever dream off.

Someone just needs to tell her she can.
Old 2009-03-09, 10:38   Link #78
Plant42

Quote:
If you're talking about the fight after Touma destroyed the Church's seal, those were magic techniques. Index even calls them as such, and Touma's hand negated them pretty fine, didn't it?
No, not that scene. We won't see that special technique in this season.
Old 2009-03-09, 10:42   Link #79
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

M'okay, but there's no contesting that Index is capable of using magic, right?
Old 2009-03-09, 11:18   Link #80
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
By the same count I can say that if your only intent is to heap praises on the episode, you might as well not post here. That would render this thread rather pointless wouldn't it?

The entire purpose of this thread is to discuss the episode, both the good and the bad.
It seems you failed to read my post. Please show me where I intend on heap praising this episode. Yeah, you cant.

You know, if the same arguments are used over and over again, and always by the same people it sure gets pathetic. I only pointed that out. I dont know why you feel , have you ranted so much that you dont even bother anymore where you aim at?

I agree that a thread has the purpose of discussing both the positive and the negative. However from my point of view the positive things should have a large majority. Whats the point of posting in a thread if you dont enjoy most of it? Thats why I said that if youre only posting here to point out the flaws without seeing anything positive, you might as well drop the show.

Oh well, since Im here already I might as well comment the episode.

For the most part, as a non-novel reader I enjoyed it. Though it was a bit weird that Sheryl wants war when we dont know any reasons for it. Same goes to why someone [who?] wants to get their hands on Kazakiri.

Of course this episode had several points that made me raise my eyebrows, specially why Kuroko teleported a lvl5 esper out and not the two civilians (even if I tried to explain that for myself) and that telepathy thing, though there was an explanation posted here somewhere.

Anyway, that golem looks quite good and I hope he smacks Touma once or twice. I wonder where exactly the other Judgement members are, dont tell it consists only of two members. Also Judgement seems be consist of like 4-5 military units. At least one of them should be able to have some method of tracking people underground, being through an esper or some technological device, so it shouldnt be too hard to know where the fight is going on.

On the other hand, some nice Index/Kazakiri scenes and also Index/Mikoto fight was amusing. Kurokos comment about Mikoto having given her heart and body to Touma already was lol. The end was extremely cliche but oh well, I can live with that.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote