AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 07:38   Link #401
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

A sudden bout of insanity overcomes me this particular evening and I went about purchasing a HRAP3 on whim, despite not having the skill to use an arcade stick nor the time to put some serious practise using it :-

On a note, this particular is thicker than I thought it would be. It's a nice arcade stick, no doubt about it and I shall see about modifying it's surface should I encounter some nice BB arts.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 09:35   Link #402
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Cheers for impulsive buying!

Also, your keyboard could use some cleaning. <_<
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 10:01   Link #403
ZeroForever

i agree... your keyboard looks like it needs to be bleached...

zzz... i beat score attack 2 days ago or so... just got annoyed after dying to unlimited ragna in 2 hits but honestly unlimited ragna is still better then a max level SNK secret boss.

either way I did it with nu/V-13, the comp AI is pretty predictable even on max so once i got them pinned in 3/4 screen i could perfect some of the unlimited characters with her up/down ranged cross ups.

level 26 now, i've realized that unless i'm in at a least B+/good mental state i shouldn't play Nu, to much counter zoning play required, much easier to win by D spamming noel and C spamming hakuman.

honestly though i'm going to get to level 30 well before i hit the 100 or 200 ranked match point.
Old 2009-07-13, 17:41   Link #404
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

surprised these awesome phone cards haven't been posted yet

http://blazblue.jp/goods.html

scroll down
Old 2009-07-13, 21:23   Link #405
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post

scroll down
Wow, that's what i call fanservice.

My bonus disc didn't work in my ps3. A shame, well, i downloaded all the stuff after that, so, no big problems.

About the dub, well, i always choose everyone in japanese. But the english dub was nice and hands off the panda is priceless. I guess i will let Noel with the english voice just to hear that.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 03:39   Link #406
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

scroll down
Wow. They actually do get more hardcore as you scroll down.
Old 2009-07-14, 04:47   Link #407
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

scroll down
... I approve of the Rachel/Noel ones.
Old 2009-07-14, 05:28   Link #408
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Saw those phone cards the other day and I really want an artbook with big versions of all that stuff. I'd buy it!

Don't think I've posted in this thread since actually buying the game, but for some bizarre reason I'm really loving the game. Picked it up mostly for the soundtrack (even though I didn't actually play a Guilty Gear game I always loved the music), and I rarely play fighters... but I've barely played anything else for the past 4 days.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 06:12   Link #409
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Saw those phone cards the other day and I really want an artbook with big versions of all that stuff. I'd buy it!
Yeah i'd buy that as well, actually i wouldn't mind an artbook for this game. Wasn't there one released with the US version of the game in shops?
Old 2009-07-14, 06:17   Link #410
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'd buy that as well, actually i wouldn't mind an artbook for this game. Wasn't there one released with the US version of the game in shops?
Gamestop had one, yeah. Apparently it's not so much an artbook as a collection of concept art everyone's seen before, though. Not really worth chasing up.
Old 2009-07-14, 06:20   Link #411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Gamestop had one, yeah. Apparently it's not so much an artbook as a collection of concept art everyone's seen before, though. Not really worth chasing up.
Ah, nothing special then. Will wait for an official artbook then. Hopefully we won't be waiting long.
Old 2009-07-14, 10:42   Link #412
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's an interview at AX 2009 with Toshimichi Mori & Daisuke Ishiwatari, the producer & the composer of BlazBlue respectively.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6382.html
Spoiler for About the interview:
Old 2009-07-14, 10:53   Link #413
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Sounds great, mainly I want Valkenhayn, even if he's not as awesome as Slayer, he seems to be a fist fighter.

Hopefully new Guilty Gear is not just updates and changes to the characters, but a few more characters made playable, Raven for example.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 10:55   Link #414
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Crap, DLC. That may mean I have to go for the 360 version... I'll wait a bit before buying in that case.
Old 2009-07-14, 10:58   Link #415
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

They would most likely do Blazblue Reload or something along the lines like Guilty Gear and Melty Blood.

They always cater to arcades first then consoles second. The updated version will go onto arcades before consoles.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 11:17   Link #416
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The demo videos that came with the limited edition would be pretty sobering if I didn't already recognize that I am probably not very good at this genre. Is the average online opponent typically able to pull off those combos (things like knocking the opponent into the air and taking off half his life before he even lands) or is it usually only pro-level matches that look like that? If the former I see myself playing mostly against the AI for a very long time, heh.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 11:46   Link #417
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Here's an interview at AX 2009 with Toshimichi Mori & Daisuke Ishiwatari, the producer & the composer of BlazBlue respectively.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6382.html
Spoiler for About the interview:
Thank god there is still more GUily Gear to come and new characters for BlazBlue would be beyond sweet. I've been itching to fight with Tsubaki.

I'm also crossing my fingers for any kind of BlazBlue/Guilty Gear crossover in the future.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 12:10   Link #418
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good news about future DLC characters. I'd love to play as Tsubaki and Kokonoe. Though saying that, the DLC probably wouldn't be released here.

Also looking forward to more Guilty Gear. Hopefully on the PS3.
Old 2009-07-14, 12:28   Link #419
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Good news about future DLC characters. I'd love to play as Tsubaki and Kokonoe. Though saying that, the DLC probably wouldn't be released here.
Well DLC is region locked anyway, with a US copy you're gonna have to use US stuff. Prepaid cards are pretty easy to buy on ebay and the like, anyway, so it's not a huge issue. Just make a throwaway US account, get a card and use that.

(Or files can be downloaded off PSN on 5 different PS3s so you can just steal them for free off mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Crap, DLC. That may mean I have to go for the 360 version... I'll wait a bit before buying in that case.
It could be timed like the extra colours, yeah. Most people seem to agree that the game's easier played on the PS3 overall though (both with the pad and with better sticks), so... advantages and disadvantages on both sides, I guess. That and whether or not you currently pay for gold XBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The demo videos that came with the limited edition would be pretty sobering if I didn't already recognize that I am probably not very good at this genre. Is the average online opponent typically able to pull off those combos (things like knocking the opponent into the air and taking off half his life before he even lands) or is it usually only pro-level matches that look like that? If the former I see myself playing mostly against the AI for a very long time, heh.
Depends what you class 'the average online opponent' as. At the very bottom levels most people can't do much more than spam Jin's icecar over and over, but the more you play the better people get. If you want to be at all decent online, you're gonna have to learn that kind of stuff, really. If you're really afraid of it, start with a character that doesn't have as much complicated stuff to learn. In other words, don't play Carl, Rachel or Arakune >_> Probably in that order. Was watching a really high level Carl/Rachel player the other day trying to get the voyeur trophy, and it was... beautiful.

Currently trying to get hold of a HRAP3, which isn't as easy as I'd hoped. Pretty much everywhere in Japan seems to be out of stock of them, and the closest, cheapest outside is Play-Asia... which is still about triple RRP. I could get the Blazblue LE stick for about 8500 yen, but the consensus seems to be you're going to want to mod the buttons, which is just a click job on the HRAP3 but a solder job with the LE stick... sigh.
Old 2009-07-14, 13:11   Link #420
zato_1one

I really want to play this game. T_T I hope I can buy PS3 or 360 soon...

This match is my favorite. Arcade Infinity Tournament: Final TAGER vs V-13 It's exciting seeing advanced player fight each other. Very hardcore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOTCa-1YoI

Do you think is there a chance that Arc System Works will make GG vs BB in the future?

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360