AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 20:00   Link #181
tera_ha

when was the last time naruto had 2 episode special ??
Old 2012-06-22, 03:06   Link #182
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Not that long ago, actually.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:41   Link #183
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wow, and here I thought the animé couldn't possibly make the war any worse.
Old 2012-06-22, 13:55   Link #184
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Wow, and here I thought the animé couldn't possibly make the war any worse.
yea me too. they should be going through this part of the manga at a faster than normal pace, not a slower one...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 16:03   Link #185
Excelion

I'm thinking maybe this war is the last story arc, and if so, we won't be seeing any more opportunities for a batch of random filler episodes/arcs. They might just run this arc to the end, spacing it out with lots of flashbacks and slower pacing. That's my guess anyway.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 22:22   Link #186
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I'm thinking maybe this war is the last story arc, and if so, we won't be seeing any more opportunities for a batch of random filler episodes/arcs. They might just run this arc to the end, spacing it out with lots of flashbacks and slower pacing. That's my guess anyway.
I think the ratings are too high for the show to end T-T. Last week's episode was pretty good; I was surprised at how LAME this week's was!!!
Old 2012-06-26, 22:21   Link #187
Orgasm

The dead back to the living world. A perfectly solid idea with a lot of potential. Butchered by execution.

Should have been more realistic, giving more important roles to the zombies or at least not making them so weak and "push-overs".

I don't mind flash-backs, so as long as the animators stick to the details of the original old scenes and don't make stupid, and dare I say, unforgivable mistakes, like dialogues that have been completely changed, or the mistake they made in Episode 265, where they totally forgot about Kakashi carrying Zabuza to where Haku was. That was the scene of the episode. How dare they?!

I haven't watched the last episode yet. Hope it doesn't turn me off even more.
Orgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 16:14   Link #188
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Yep...basically they pointed at a bunch of MAPS all episode. la-lame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
"twitch" That's it? THAT'S IT after a week of nothing a whole episode based on a 3 page part of a chapter. Some war! talk no jutsu for ever.
This was Kishimoto's fault. He made the war unnecessarily complicated by moving everyone around. So the anime was forced to explain everything.

I actually enjoy strategy talk. It's when Naruto dumbs down and turns in DBZ that I tune out. Something that is happening more and more.

Anyway. who the hell were the other characters part of Gaara's group picture? I know Matsuri, but the other person next to Gaara. Never saw them before.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-06-28 at 00:38.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 09:44   Link #189
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
This was Kishimoto's fault. He made the war unnecessarily complicated by moving everyone around. So the anime was forced to explain everything.
It was not unnecessary, in a war that feels real both sides must have a strategy to outsmart the enemy, otherwise they just look like stupid killing machines. It is another question if Kishimoto succeeded or failed to make the allied strategy look smart enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I actually enjoy strategy talk.
In my opinion the anime version of the explanation of their strategy was better than the manga version. We will see how the strategy works in practice in the next episodes, so watching the upcoming episodes will make this episode more useful.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 12:14   Link #190
ookamigirl

So this time the feudal lords were in the center of attention.
Switching between them and the front lines kept things interesting.
Those undead guys are a really serious problem.
So far we've seen a whole lot of strategizing and not enough fighting for an all out war.
Think it's about time Naruto showed his face and did some fighting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:32   Link #191
Ushio the Omega

This week on Naruto Shippuden how to make an overly long and boring war in the manga even longer and less interesting in "anime" (debatable because of lack of actual animation).
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 19:15   Link #192
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Umm, they are fighting. This is how it was in the manga. And that was the major problem fighting Zetsu fodder and zombies. Darui takes out 100 Zetsu clones with black lightening and no ones cares.

Now imagine if this were a real war between nations and Darui just cooked 100 leaf ninja and now Kakashi was going to fight him. Major difference.

Still an enjoyable episode. The best part was Temari going all alpha female on Shikamaru. Reminded me of Part 1 and was something Kishi should of had in the manga for a little character development for Temari during the war.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-06-29 at 00:16.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 20:56   Link #193
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hey guys, we better stop complaining about the animé since some whackadoo out there is giving out negative reps to all of the people who don't like the animé stretching out an endless arc.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:56   Link #194
ookamigirl

Gold and Silver brothers sure made everyone scared.
The story about them was interesting.
Especially the part about the kyuubi's chakra & legendary weapons they posses.
Those poor guys didn't stand half a chance fighting those two.
It was pure luck that he managed to capture Ginkaku.
Kyuubi's chakra sure is a scary thing!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 15:32   Link #195
itachi-san314

I was expecting better animation for this fight since it concerned the kyuubi's chakra but it was piss poor and repetitive. i started lowering my expectations when the first 4 minutes were wasted speech and the raikage pacing and tapping his finger over and over with the exact same animation... I guess the sucking will continue for a while then
Old 2012-07-05, 19:07   Link #196
Rich9573

I always thought that tobi was zetsu with some on madera's Chakra due to the fact that when the 4th damaged him his arm fell of unaturally kinda like zetzu and he does have similar abilities to move around. It is on a my higher level due to madera's chakra and the combinationof the ms sharingan and zetu could do this, this could have been a fall back plan if he lost to the 1st and set this up before as a plan. I'm kinda tired so not sure if this is making sence but the part where the 4th hurt him I think is a big clue what do u guys think?
Rich9573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:38   Link #197
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

In episode bedsore last, who was Shikamaru referring to about the kekkai touta? (other than muu)
It almost sounded like he was not referring to oonoki....
Old 2012-07-05, 19:51   Link #198
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Haven't watched Naruto in a while, but I've read the manga so I'm up to date on current events.

Decided to watch an episode to see if it's gotten any better, and I see that it still sucks balls. Way too much talking, dragging out stuff, methods to reduce animation quality, man it seems like Naruto doesn't have the budget to keep itself animated anymore.
Old 2012-07-05, 22:06   Link #199
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
it seems like Naruto doesn't have the budget to keep itself animated anymore.
During this part of the year most of the regular Naruto animators go to work on the movie, and the TV series' quality drops a lot as a result. Things should go back to normal in late September.
But the next episode features the only talented animation director that's left on the TV series right now, so it should be good.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:49   Link #200
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
In episode bedsore last, who was Shikamaru referring to about the kekkai touta? (other than muu)
It almost sounded like he was not referring to oonoki....
he was referring to both muu and oonoki for having the rare kekkai touta

Tags
weekly episode discussion