AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-24, 23:20   Link #1661
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I know there isn't a short story about Sirzech's adventure, I know that he mentioned it to Ise and saying that it is one of the few or most likely the only time he felt that he would have gotten killed. I mistype my intentions there, I already know the gist of the Short Story except the ending. Though seriously, did it not occur that it was strange for me to mess up story or short stories in general concerning this series?
Yes, it was strange.

Anyway, back to Rias In Wonderland story, I'm a bit surpirsed surprised that Rias doesn't just tell Issei what's bothering her. They're now boyfriend and girlfriend, she should be able to tell Issei what's bothering her or that she feeling left out.
And Venerana, could give them a brake, I mean it hasn't been that long since the two of them were reunited after Issei absence(death).

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-25 at 00:17.
Old 2013-03-25, 08:12   Link #1662
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yes, it was strange.

Anyway, back to Rias In Wonderland story, I'm a bit surpirsed surprised that Rias doesn't just tell Issei what's bothering her. They're now boyfriend and girlfriend, she should be able to tell Issei what's bothering her or that she feeling left out.
And Venerana, could give them a brake, I mean it hasn't been that long since the two of them were reunited after Issei absence(death).
Well, the summary ending was vague so we don't know what Venerana was discussing with Ise and Rias. Also, Rias and the girls still have that problem of keeping things inside and expecting Ise to figure it out.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:51   Link #1663
cyberdemon

Quote:
Well, the summary ending was vague so we don't know what Venerana was discussing with Ise and Rias. Also, Rias and the girls still have that problem of keeping things inside and expecting Ise to figure it out.
I'd say she talked to them about Rias's attitude more than the kissing. Ise has a harem so she knows that Rias needs to manage herself better and shouldn't be acting like that.
Old 2013-03-25, 12:02   Link #1664
JAGI_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'd say she talked to them about Rias's attitude more than the kissing. Ise has a harem so she knows that Rias needs to manage herself better and shouldn't be acting like that.
I agree with you cyber we know that what Rias mum said to her right in vol 10 and we know that her mum sometimes is very strict.
Old 2013-03-25, 20:14   Link #1665
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

There is a difference between appropriate discretion between their affection and wanting her to establish a formal relationship and order among the girls. Just because Rias' mom wanted her to hurry up and make it official with Ise doesn't mean she wanted them to start making out in public or out in the open. Also Rias is an important figure among the underworld, imagine Michelle and Barrack Obama getting caught making out in public or something.
Old 2013-03-25, 21:19   Link #1666
sky black swordman

Quote:
Yeah, and that's true but for some reason I feel that's a bit unfair to Issei.
I wonder if it's ok for Rias to yell at Issei and say things like, "he doesn't know anything ?", this is guy still that is recovering from his previous relationship.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-25 at 21:54.
Old 2013-03-25, 22:00   Link #1667
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yeah, and that's true but for some reason I feel that's a bit unfair to Issei.
I wonder if it's ok for Rias to yell at Issei and say things like, "he doesn't know anything ?", this is guy still that is recovering from his previous relationship.
True, it is also partially Rias's fault. Like I mentioned before, the girls still have that habit. Also, I am still waiting for Ise to develop his character a little more, like him developing a stronger mind to avoid having nosebleeds. I know the joke of Japanese people having high blood pressure is often very comical in anime and manga, but I am pretty sure the author can still add comical events for Ise to make without the overuse joke.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-03-25 at 22:50.
Old 2013-03-26, 01:02   Link #1668
Yye1
Wide Right

Well, at least Rias is aware of her weakness now

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-03-26, 11:56   Link #1669
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well the short story does reveal that Ise is getting better and handling his harem. Like Rossweisse said, if Ise does not gain experience in handling the harem, the girls will feel sad and left out. Ise is showing some skills in doing that, he just needs to get better because one, which is his girlfriend, felt some sadness. It is good that he is progressing, all he need now is to be more assertive and develop a strong tolerance towards nosebleeds.

Stop eating miso soup in the morning could help.
Old 2013-03-26, 15:05   Link #1670
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
There is a difference between appropriate discretion between their affection and wanting her to establish a formal relationship and order among the girls. Just because Rias' mom wanted her to hurry up and make it official with Ise doesn't mean she wanted them to start making out in public or out in the open. Also Rias is an important figure among the underworld, imagine Michelle and Barrack Obama getting caught making out in public or something.
I wouldn't be to sure of that, Ise is becoming increasingly important to the demon world I'am sure Rias mum wants Rias to make it very "public" that Ise is hers.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:29   Link #1671
The Green One

Well the legal wife has to assert her status early to keep things in control.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:11   Link #1672
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I wouldn't be to sure of that, Ise is becoming increasingly important to the demon world I'am sure Rias mum wants Rias to make it very "public" that Ise is hers.
I am pretty sure the entire Underworld already knows, even the high class society. I mean, almost every High Class Devil was present when Ise fought against Sairaorg where he confession takes place. Even then, other than the High Class Devils, it has become the gossip of the entire Underworld because of the class structure. Middle or lower Class women would be gossiping all about it, servants especially would.

Pretty sure Venerana wants Rias to remember how a Gremory princess is suppose to act, though love is not restricted, there is a time and place. Having an intense make out in front of your mother is more scary than making out of public in my opinion (my own personal experience).
Old 2013-03-27, 01:51   Link #1673
Velsy

I've continued on where I left off. So I am just into volume 13 and I read this

Quote:
I asked an obvious question. Buchou is from a noble house and her household is known throughout the Underworld. However, we, her servants, aren’t actors, but mere devils. On top of that, we are Low-class Devils.
Didnt Issie become a mid-class devil in the previous volume, Volume 12 ? Author mistake? or translation mistake ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-03-27, 01:58   Link #1674
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I've continued on where I left off. So I am just into volume 13 and I read this

Didnt Issie become a mid-class devil in the previous volume, Volume 12 ? Author mistake? or translation mistake ?
Volume 13 is a compilation of side stories, and apart from the last one (meaning the extra life chapter from the volume), each of them occur ... before Ise's promotion took place.

In other words, the statement you quoted isn't a mistake.
Old 2013-03-27, 03:52   Link #1675
Velsy

hmm I see.

Well in that case I can just skip this chapter 2, like I skipped the first story invovling the tennis club.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-03-27, 07:19   Link #1676
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
hmm I see.

Well in that case I can just skip this chapter 2, like I skipped the first story invovling the tennis club.
Usually the stories mention in the beginning when they take place.
Old 2013-03-27, 09:48   Link #1677
Velsy

Quote:
“Will Kunou and other girls that have appeared become Ise’s servant?”

Those girls who are not allowed to become a devil due to their position probably won’t. Kunou is the princess of the youkai faction in the Kyoto. There is no way that she can become a devil. But I think they can become his girlfriends even without becoming his servants, you know? There are things like local wives, after all.
I feel dissappointed.... That was Issies potential queen right there <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-03-27, 11:13   Link #1678
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I feel dissappointed.... That was Issies potential queen right there <.<
Bit too young there my friend, also she lacks combat experience. Other than making Tofu and looking adorable, plus the side of her not wearing panties since old traditions or preferences that Japanese women do not wear underwear under Kimonos, she does not meet the requirements for a Queen.

Ise admits to himself that he does love beautiful girls, but he also is very critical on his life after becoming a High Class Devil. A queen must be able to lead the group while the King isn't present, also she must be very powerful and trustworthy.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:17   Link #1679
Ragna666

Anyone know what the Kunou SS is about i heard from a friend that she transfer to Kuoh Academy?
Old 2013-03-27, 11:34   Link #1680
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna666 View Post
Anyone know what the Kunou SS is about i heard from a friend that she transfer to Kuoh Academy?
Really, there was such a Short Story like that?
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen