Old 2013-11-03, 11:58   Link #2042
D-Joe

Ugh man,Miho and Mami supposed to be friends
Old 2013-11-03, 12:23   Link #2043
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I'm disappointed that TOSHINO KYOUKO draw Mokkan instead of Sakura Kyouko in the Round 1 match anyway...

It's not an easy path for TOSHINO KYOUKO, though, she has to revenge against Mokkan (No guarantee, Mokkan beat her fairly easily last time around), Watashi (Azuki Azusa is not weak, but I still believe in Watashi), then Mami/Sayaka...

For the other Kyouko, while Sawa and Tsukiko (or Kobato, I think Tsukiko is stronger, though) are relatively easy, there's always the chance of running into Madoka in Semi-Final (Yes, I'm picking Lovely My Angel to send Madoka home again, but it'll not be as easy as last time), and Kyouko simply has no chance against the goddess.

Personally, I'm picking Kyouko-Mami final. If Lovely My Angel fall this time around, though, it'll be a repeat of 2011 final (Madoka v. Mami).
Hey, leaving out the colour takes out the fun here... then again, who am I to talk.

For Sakura-san, the repechage ace will be her main opponent. Maybe a 40-50% chance of winning the semi-final, assuming she reaches the semi-final (around 80% chance). For Toshinou-san, semis are around 20-30% chance, but assuming she reaches there, she has less than a 20% chance of beating the other semi-finalist...

All percentages assuming no distortions in the results. But whether a distortion occurs or not... one Kyouko would still be compromised. Sigh...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-11-03, 12:23   Link #2044
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I thought 2011 was two years ago.
Old 2013-11-03, 14:09   Link #2045
hinakatbklyn

Group 1: Sakura Kyouko v. Okita Sawa
* Undecided support / Prediction: Sakura Kyouko

Group 2: Hasegawa Kobato v. Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko
* Sincere support: Kobato / Close prediction: Tsukiko
Tough choice both big support choices. Extra vote subtraction helped Ruri win against Tsukiko. I think Kobato can win but she's not quite as strong as Ruri.

Group 3: Aragaki Ayase v. Kaname Madoka
* Prediction: Madoka
No split voting this time. I think Madoka will win

Group 4: Kuroneko v. Akaza Akari
*Sincere support: Kuroneko / Prediction: Kuroneko
Ruri managed to win against Akari with lesser votes involved. I think she can do it again (Although it's again going to be a close match)

Group 5: Minato Tomoka v. Toshino Kyouko
* Sincere support: Tomoka / Prediction: ....... Tomoka? (Looks like I'm again the only Tomoka prediction )
Another Hanazawa vs. YuruYuri rematch. Can Tomoka prove to Toshino Kyouko that her previous win wasn't a snipe fluke?

Group 6: Watashi v. Azuki Azusa
* Sincere support: Azuki / Prediction: Watashi

Group 7: Tomoe Mami v. Nishizumi Miho
* Prediction: Mami

Group 8: Miki Sayaka v. Yoshino
* Supporting: Yoshino / Prediction: Sayaka

(A) All three Hanazawa's avoid a PMMM first round match, but all three could still end up losing first round.
(B) Madoka could end up adding more despair to both Oreimo reps in two consecutive rounds, but on the other hand, if Ayase pulls another miracle win and Ruri also wins her own rematch, Ruri and Ayase could get a chance to determine who is the stronger Oreimo rep.
(C) There is going to be at least one non PMMM rep in the final 4 (just like in 2011). I don't think it's going to be Azuki so Tomoka, Toshino Kyouko and Watashi will decide who will........ lose? to Mami
(D) I'm thinking Mami could be one finalist, which means she will likely face either her 2011 semi-finalist opponent Madoka or have a 2011 finals rematch with Sakura Kyouko.

(AST will surely be over for me after Top 4 matches (Assuming Tomoka finds a way to win her two matches), maybe earlier than that.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2013-11-03 at 14:40.
Old 2013-11-03, 15:19   Link #2046
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I'm disappointed that TOSHINO KYOUKO draw Mokkan instead of Sakura Kyouko in the Round 1 match anyway...

It's not an easy path for TOSHINO KYOUKO, though, she has to revenge against Mokkan (No guarantee, Mokkan beat her fairly easily last time around), Watashi (Azuki Azusa is not weak, but I still believe in Watashi), then Mami/Sayaka...

For the other Kyouko, while Sawa and Tsukiko (or Kobato, I think Tsukiko is stronger, though) are relatively easy, there's always the chance of running into Madoka in Semi-Final (Yes, I'm picking Lovely My Angel to send Madoka home again, but it'll not be as easy as last time), and Kyouko simply has no chance against the goddess.

Personally, I'm picking Kyouko-Mami final. If Lovely My Angel fall this time around, though, it'll be a repeat of 2011 final (Madoka v. Mami).
2011 Finals were Kyouko vs Mami not Madoka vs Mami. I feel like Madoka is going to have an easier time against Ayase and probably beat her this time, since Madoka's power was restricted thanks to the split.
Old 2013-11-03, 15:42   Link #2047
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
2011 Finals were Kyouko vs Mami not Madoka vs Mami. I feel like Madoka is going to have an easier time against Ayase and probably beat her this time, since Madoka's power was restricted thanks to the split.
Oops...forgot that crazy Madoka-Mami match is actually a semi-final match.

On the other hand, Final 8 looks more and more like 2011...with Sayaka getting the luxury of facing a MadoMagi girl in QF both time, then you have a more "troll" type girl rounding out Final 4 (Watashi).

Of course, just watch Lovely My Angel defeat the goddess once and for all.

My own prediction...
Group 1: Pick: Sawa, Predict: Kyouko. I don't think Sakura Kyouko would have a lot of problem with Sawa.
Group 2: Pick/Predict: Tsukiko. Tsukiko only lose to Kuroneko in a vote reversal. She's one of the stronger newcomer...
Group 3: Pick/Predict: Ayase. Nope, I'll not accept the fact that Madoka is probably going to get her revenge.
Group 4: Pick/Predict: Kuroneko. She did it once, I just don't see how Kuroneko can't do it again.
Group 5: Pick/Predict: Tomoka. Again, Tomoka did it once and with quite a margin, I just don't see how TOSHINO KYOUKO suddenly would gain enough power to reverse that.
Group 6: Pick: Azuki Azusa, Predict: Watashi. Watashi has been the dark horse pick to win it all. Yes, her close win against Sawa is not convincing at all, on the other hand, I still think she has a slight edge over Azuki Azusa.
Group 7: Pick: Miborin, Predict: Mami. Miho already tried against MadoMagi-backed Ayase and failed. I doubt she has enough to win against Mami.
Group 8: Pick/Predict: Sayaka. Yes, Triple_R/Coldlight, she's the only MadoMagi girl I picked...

Last edited by ion475; 2013-11-03 at 17:37.
Old 2013-11-03, 19:48   Link #2048
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Mami vs Madoka end lol
Old 2013-11-03, 20:23   Link #2049
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm a bit disappointed to see that Mami and Sayaka will probably face each other in the 2nd Round. I'll reveal at this point that my dream finale for J-SaiMoe 2013 had for a long time been Mami vs. Sayaka, with Madoka faction voters favoring Sayaka on the basis of "Let a different MadoMagi girl win this time". I felt that was the most likely route to complete victory for Sayaka, and I also felt it would have been a truly poetic end given the in-canon character relationship between Mami and Sayaka (think of the words "passing the torch"). However, that match can no longer happen as a J-SaiMoe 2013 finale, and I doubt this sort of "Let's have a different MadoMagi girl win" consideration happens in the 2nd Round. So I have to concur with others that Sayaka will be a real underdog against her mentor Mami if they face each other in the 2nd Round.

But hopefully Sayaka will at least win her 1st Round match with Yoshino. And watching Ion both predict and pick Sayaka certainly takes some of the sting away from the overall situation.

Anyway, going through all the matches...

I think that Kyouko Sakura wins her match. I don't have a strong preference between her, and Sawa, unless Sayaka pulls off a miracle (Kyouko vs. Sayaka would be a fantastic finale for yuri fans, lol).

I don't particularly care who wins Group 2. Tsukiko did look a little more impressive than Kobato to date, so I'll predict her to win.

Ayase vs. Madoka... Well, this match will be interesting. Madoka is typically not a vindictive person, but I suspect that she'll be out for revenge this time, and I think she will achieve it. With apologies to Ion, Madoka is also my pick.

Kuroneko is an easy pick/predict for me for Group 4.

Tomoko vs. TOSHINKO KYOUKO is another very interesting match, it being a pure rematch. I'm not as convinced as some are when it comes to Tomoko, but I do think she'll win this match. Given Kyouko vs. Kyouko is no longer likely, I don't particularly care who wins.

For Group 6, I'm picking and predicting Watashi. Let's hope she can help J-SaiMoe improve.

And for Groups 7 and 8, I pick/predict GunBlade. May they win, and go on to deliver an excellent 2nd Round showdown.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-11-03 at 20:44.
Old 2013-11-03, 23:46   Link #2050
RJ TAYLER

Well it's broken nose time for me as I can't pick it this year that's for sure.
Old 2013-11-03, 23:56   Link #2051
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'd probably take Madoka as a slight favorite over Mami to win it all. I think that Madoka's the PMMM girl most likely to get boosted by the movie. If people want to know why I think that, I'm open to discussing it by PMs.
Old 2013-11-04, 00:22   Link #2052
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

It's really looking like 2011 all over again with Kyouko on one side and Mami on the other after the draw. Chances are still quite possible they'll meet again for the second time at the top. Especially with Mami being the current frontrunner with her relatively very high vote counts - she has the best chance on her side to advance realistically speaking; more uncertainty is on Kyouko's side to stop her from repeating 2011 with titular PM Madoka and the stronger non-aligned girls on her side of the bracket.

Much like 2011, Sayaka will also most likely again face a fellow Puella Magi as her strongest opponent in... yes, the Quarterfinals again given she defeats Yoshino; which I believe she will. The potential GunBlade match for QF4... it might take a miracle to defeat the current frontrunner, but I'd like to think that miracles and magic do exist. As always, I'm supporting Sayaka all the way! There's no way I'd regret this.

Round of 16 Picks:
Kyouko
Kobato (tough choice)
Madoka
Ruri
KYOUKO
Watashi (another tough choice)
Miho (sorry Mami)
Sayaka (high five for ion actually picking Sayaka)
Old 2013-11-04, 01:41   Link #2053
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

As for Round of 16:

- Group1: Pick/Predict: Kyouko. There I goes with my heart now, since I really like Kyouko, though I don't think I she has the possibility to win it all this year as high as Madoka, or even Sayaka.
- Group 2: No pick. Predict: Tsukiko.
- Group 3: No pick. Predict: Madoka. But there is a high chance for an upset.
- Group 4: No pick. Predict: ...Akarin (tough call really)
- Group 5: No pick. Predict: TOSHINOU KYOUKO (also tough call)
- Group 6: Pick/Predict: Watashi. It might be very close though.
- Group 7: Pick: Nishizumi-dono. Predict: Mami. I still dream for an upset though.
- Group 8: No pick. Predict: Sayaka. (discussion any more will be spoilers, but I do think Sayaka has a higher chance this year to win)
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-11-04, 05:38   Link #2054
Subayai

Round of 16
- Group 1: Pick: Sawa. Predict: Sakura Kyouko.
- Group 2: Pick/Predict: Tsukiko.
- Group 3: Pick/Predict: Madoka.
- Group 4: No pick. Predict: Kuroneko
- Group 5: Pick: Tomoka. Predict: Toshinou Kyouko
- Group 6: Pick/Predict: Watashi.
- Group 7: Pick: Nishizumi-dono. Predict: Mami.
- Group 8: Pick/Predict: Sayaka.

Just like 2011, I think PMMM will take 3 semifinal spots with the fourth going to (I hope) Watashi. The difference this year is that Mami will probably face Madoka instead of Kyouko in the final. Based on what we have seen thus far, Mami is the favorite to win... except for the unkown that is Kaname Madoka. Having lost in round 2 due to a vote split, we don't really know how Madoka fares compared to Mami (and the other PMMMs). So depending on Madoka and Mami's results during the early rounds, will see which one becomes the favorite to win the tournament.

As personal favorites go:
- My absolute favorite is of course Nishizumi-dono. She is my favorite GuP character and I think one of the best anime characters of this past year. Realistically, Miho has almost no chance against Mami but, never say never, so I until I see the match results I will keep a little bit of hope for an upset here.
- My 2nd favorite is Watashi. I only watched Jinrui during the course of this tournament, just because Watashi's good performance during the prelims draw my attention to the character and the series. I really liked both and now I strongly hope Watashi can reach at least semifinals. If Miho loses before her, Watashi will become my biggest favorite.
- My 3rd choice would be Sayaka. Initially, I didn't want a repeat series winner but after all that has happened in this tournament, I feel like now it doesn't matter so much if PMMM wins again. If this is how it must be then, I wish the one chosen by PMMM fans was Sayaka. Of the puella magis, she is the one I like the most.
- As for the remaining characters, there are some that I like better than others but none that I could call a favorite.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:49   Link #2055
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'd probably take Madoka as a slight favorite over Mami to win it all. I think that Madoka's the PMMM girl most likely to get boosted by the movie. If people want to know why I think that, I'm open to discussing it by PMs.
No PMs necessary. We trust you.
Old 2013-11-04, 09:57   Link #2056
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

- Group1: Pick/Predict: Kyouko.
- Group 2: Pick: Kobato Predict: Tsukiko.
- Group 3: Pick/Predict: Madoka (given she doesn't have Homura to restrict her power hopefully she beats my least favourite)
- Group 4: Pick/Predict: Akkarin~
- Group 5: Pick/Predict: TOSHINOU KYOUKO
- Group 6: Pick/Predict: Watashi.
- Group 7: Pick: Nishizumi-dono. Predict: Mami
- Group 8: Pick: Yoshino Predict: Sayaka.
Old 2013-11-05, 07:10   Link #2057
Team Rocket Elite

K1-1: Sakura Kyouko vs Okita Sawa

Sawa has done well to make it this far but facing a Puella Magi means she will get no farther. It's questionable if any non-Puella Magi can beat any of the Puella Magi right now. If it can be done, Sawa doesn't seem like she will be the one to do it.

Vote:
Sakura Kyouko

Prediction:
Sakura Kyouko
Old 2013-11-05, 08:47   Link #2058
spirits having flown

The Sweet 16 round is here! Here's hoping that she makes it through!

Spoiler for Sayaka Magica!:
Old 2013-11-05, 09:25   Link #2059
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirits having flown View Post
The Sweet 16 round is here! Here's hoping that she makes it through!
Amen, brother.

Quote:
so show lots of love for Sayaka and Kitaeri!
It is my favorite seiyuu's art, and it's signed. I love it.
A truly awesome thing indeed! I find it doubly awesome because I'm a huge fan of not only Sayaka, but also KitaEri.

Right now, Sayaka is KitaEri's best shot at joining the exclusive club of Saimoe-winning seiyuu; with this in mind I hope she gets lots of love from Kitaerists too.
Old 2013-11-05, 10:10   Link #2060
hinakatbklyn

Sakura Kyouko, Sawa, Kobato, Tsukiko..... looks like there will be at least one good or excellent preferred choice in the top 4. For now, I decided to support Sakura Kyouko to start the top 16.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament