Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-10, 10:43   Link #1881
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Aren't we forgetting Ayano here ? I am fully certain she can provide a heir to the family as well. (And given the fact that Kazuma is the most likely father in that case - that should be one heck of a powerful heir).
No, if I understood it right, Ayano can only bear branch family members (because she's female). And if Kazuma's the father, chances are they'd all be wind users anyway... It all comes down to the Ren chokepoint.

Quote:
As for Ren ... well, he doesn't need to look far - Kanon (or w/e her name was) seems to like him quite a bit. All depends on how soon (if?) Ren can get over Ayumi's death. Though he should be able to ... after all it is not like they got to spend that much time together. (I bet it wasn't even 12 hours in total).
Yeah. But OTOH, he wasn't interested before. Why would he start now?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 11:03   Link #1882
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Doesn't make much sense to me that Ayano could only bear branch family members. The difference between the main and branch is in terms of power. I can't see it making any sense that her children would be regulated to a different status. If they are willing to make her the next head of the family it'd be pretty stupid for her children to not be main family members. Heck as the head she could just make sure that it works out like that.

What matters to that clan isn't gender but power and ability. While Ren would be expected to have children just to continue that line and keep Kannagi line it's not like everything in regards to that is focused on him. Maybe Kazuma and Ayano would have some children wind others fire. It's not like there is a massive case of different users getting together to draw on. We can assume because he's a contractor more children may be wind than fire but if Ayano can use the Enraiha you'd expect some of her kids to go that way too. (Wow we've hit another Ayano and Kazuma children discussion by accident.)

Well I think his friend might be an option at some point. A lot has happened and depending how she helps along the process of him moving forward. Who knows.
Old 2007-07-10, 11:26   Link #1883
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know about Ayano and Kazuma's children being wind or fire users, but that's how I understood the genetics of the thing work: those descended from an unbroken male line from the founder are main family. Those who don't, but have a female ancestor between them and the founder, are branch family members and much weaker.

Ayano's going to be the next head because she's the strongest of her generation and won Enraiha at the ceremony. But she can't bear main branch children.
Old 2007-07-10, 16:24   Link #1884
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
basically speaking you need pure kannagi blood to become the head of the clan so instead of kazuma why not ayano x ren? give it a few years and it could work

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 16:31   Link #1885
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ren doesn't need Ayano to produce main family members, and it's probably better for him to avoid relatives if they don't want consanguinity problems down the line.

I mean, marrying your second cousin is nothing. But if it becomes a family habit - as it often does in that kind of family - you run the risk of getting two-headed children and the like.

If they're that worried about magic power, maybe they should try importing a bride from some other country's family of fire users?
Old 2007-07-10, 16:51   Link #1886
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
basically speaking you need pure kannagi blood to become the head of the clan so instead of kazuma why not ayano x ren? give it a few years and it could work
You are going to have many, many people mad at you because of this, lol.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 19:01   Link #1887
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
I won't be mad, since I don't mind incest, but I will stop watching the show altogether since it will ruin the plot and make me uncomfortable based on what I've already seen in this series.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 19:17   Link #1888
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
if they could scene like that uncensored i would definitely watch it XD
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:41   Link #1889
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

they even havent slept together, and you all are talking about thier kids....

and beside, non of them is about to confess they have feelings for each other ...stubborn little ....
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:25   Link #1890
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

True enough that we've managed to get back to the children thing. While we're getting more than enough hints from Ayano's side getting anyone to actually confess in that regard could take a while. Lucky we've got plenty more episodes I guess .

Edit:

Well we have episode 14 out in raw.
Spoiler for Ep14:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-07-11 at 23:09.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 23:36   Link #1891
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep14:
Spoiler for ep. 15 preview:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 01:59   Link #1892
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler for ep. 15 preview:
Spoiler for Ep15 preview:
Old 2007-07-12, 03:44   Link #1893
anime_addict90

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep15 preview:
Poor Ayano, as if things aren't hard enough on their own for her
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 05:06   Link #1894
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hahaha!!! that final scene in ep 14 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 08:39   Link #1895
Mentar
Banned

My goodness, what an episode ^_^

Well, finally Ayano gets some form of positive coverage by the anime for her troubles:

o In her dress she's animated drop-dead gorgeous

o She scores what I'd call a solo victory in a confrontation

o All teasing aside, it's getting more and more obvious that for Kazuma she's becoming more than only a target for pestering

Call me a simpleton, but for me, this show lives mostly from the Kazuma-Ayano antics. That's what I'm watching it for
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 09:50   Link #1896
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

kazuma- The only reason that i watch this show.

well. for me, kazuma x ayano interaction only serves as a bonus to me,but seeing a bad ass contractor fujutsushi kick some ass, spout words of sarcasm, talk like shit is more than enough for me imho
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 11:11   Link #1897
Mentar
Banned

Thing is that I found the Ren arc terribly boring (even though I can't for the life of it figure out why I slightly dislike Ren - he's nice in all directions. Maybe that's why)

Kazuma-Tiana and Kazuma-Ren simply didn't cut the mustard for me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 12:21   Link #1898
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Certainly having Kazuma and Ayano back to their antics is great to see. Do like Ren, but this stuff really is great to keep seeing.
Spoiler for Ep14:

Spoiler for Ep15 Preview:
Old 2007-07-12, 12:59   Link #1899
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

uuu that must be an awsome scene at this paste, kazuma will get ayano into the sheets quick... licking her cheek...damn...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 23:50   Link #1900
anime_addict90

Quote:
Certainly having Kazuma and Ayano back to their antics is great to see. Do like Ren, but this stuff really is great to keep seeing.
Spoiler for Ep14:

Spoiler for Ep15 Preview:
I agree! I just love watching those two together.
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen