Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 14:18   Link #1
ChaosBlizzard

Jounin Vest: Military body armor

You know those jounin vests kinda look like military body armor:
http://www.engardebodyarmor.com/military.htm
Not the first model on that page, but the following ones after that...
Would be nice to not only have something look Jounin but actually protect you, I think I will end up getting something like this sometime during the summer.

-Chaos
ChaosBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 14:21   Link #2
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

yeah, I think that would look quite cool to wear.. maybe a bit less army-like (just one color for a start, and not that much pockets...) but I sure would like to wear one.. (but then there is the other problem of course: money )
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 14:21   Link #3
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

#1 No they don't look like jounin vests, cause the vests are not so thick. They are just 1 layer of cloth basically. Jounins don't look like humpty dumpty in theirls.

#2 Why the hell are you getting a millitary armor? Do you have security issues?
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 14:22   Link #4
ChaosBlizzard

Wow, even these ones look Jounin:
http://bodyarmour.safeshopper.com/84/cat84.htm?507

I think its all the pockets and the neck guard. Thats basically all a Jounin vest is, a flack jacket with lots of pockets and a neck guard...
Old 2004-04-16, 14:23   Link #5
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
#1 No they don't look like jounin vests, cause the vests are not so thick. They are just 1 layer of cloth basically. Jounins don't look humpty dumpty in theirls.

#2 Whe the hell are you getting a millitary armor? Do you have security issues?

Um, buddy, those Jounin vests are no where near as protective. Those are real body armour, and yes they do look Jounin, only prob, their not green. And those Jounin vests do look plush... At least to me.
Old 2004-04-16, 14:30   Link #6
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
i feel a fight coming on, but those vests are nice =D
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 14:37   Link #7
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
i feel a fight coming on, but those vests are nice =D

While the basic design matches a Jounin vest, I actually think those Bullet Proof vests are nicer. After all these companys spent millions/billions researching them things and designing them for combat. I'll get me one of them and join a Ninjitsu Dojo! Heh, then I can become a Jounin, see thats what you get when you watch too much Naruto!
Old 2004-04-16, 14:44   Link #8
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
Why are you getting one of those things? Do you live in Iraque or something?
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 15:02   Link #9
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob
Why are you getting one of those things? Do you live in Iraque or something?
Oh right, its impossible to get shot in america, we such a peaceful people. Just last week a person at our local mall was shot to death by a renegade jealous cop. This world is getting dangerous, thats why I want one. I have a right to protect myself.
Old 2004-04-16, 15:11   Link #10
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard
Oh right, its impossible to get shot in america, we such a peaceful people. Just last week a person at our local mall was shot to death by a renegade jealous cop. This world is getting dangerous, thats why I want one. I have a right to protect myself.
lol, that's funny! next time, use those [sarcasm] tags, so everybody gets what your' sayin' :P

and, about that Iraq thing (yes, it's Iraq, not Iraque... ), why don't we all try to stay peaceful and happy, like the happytreefriends (.com)... this is supposed to be a friendly forum after all, (all members going like *well well well, look who's talking...*)
Old 2004-04-16, 15:13   Link #11
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
lol, that's funny! next time, use those [sarcasm] tags, so everybody gets what your' sayin' :P

and, about that Iraq thing (yes, it's Iraq, not Iraque... ), why don't we all try to stay peaceful and happy, like the happytreefriends (.com)... this is supposed to be a friendly forum after all, (all members going like *well well well, look who's talking...*)

Well according to Murpeys law, if something can go wrong it will. I personally wont play around. Whats a $1000 to protect your life? I can make that with min wage in one month..
Old 2004-04-16, 15:17   Link #12
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
In my country it's spelled Iraque, sorry.
Anyway, why don't you stay home then? Install some good Bulletproof windows and stuff, cover all of your walls with aluminum, that way your protected to the rest of your life. Oh, and don't forget the anti-nuclear bomb basement
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 15:22   Link #13
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Well according to Murpeys law, if something can go wrong it will. I personally wont play around. Whats a $1000 to protect your life? I can make that with min wage in one month..
Murphy was a great man! at least... his law is! don't mess around with Murphy, and don't misspell the name of Murphy's Law like that. lol. okay, it was nice in one post, but now your' overdoing it a little... people could start thinking you are actually serious...

:topicon:I'd maybe prefer one with a quicksilver logo or something like it on the back... that would make it even better!

edit>>
Quote:
In my country it's spelled Iraque, sorry.
no prob
it's spelled Irak where I live, but I know from all the demonstrations and stuff
Old 2004-04-16, 15:28   Link #14
LithKage

Lightbulb

Quote:
This world is getting dangerous
Getting dangerous? When was it ever safe?
last 100 yrs.
WW1
the uneasy peace
stock market crash
WWII
Nuclear arms race / Cold War(includes Korea, Bay of Pigs, Cuban missile Crisis, and Vietnam et al)
Persian Gulf War
Terrorists go nuts
"War on Terror" (sounds scarier then WWII)

While all the time there are gangsters, murderers, rapists, mobsters, and every other kind of miscreant out there. World was never safe you just weren't looking around.
LithKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 15:40   Link #15
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithKage
last 100 yrs.
WW1
the uneasy peace
stock market crash
WWII
Nuclear arms race / Cold War(includes Korea, Bay of Pigs, Cuban missile Crisis, and Vietnam et al)
Persian Gulf War
Terrorists go nuts

While all the time there are gangsters, murderers, rapists, mobsters, and every other kind of miscreant out there. World was never safe you just weren't looking around.
*bewildered look* huh?? what do you mean: "this thread is getting off topic?!?" naahh, this has Everything to do with the original post! can't you see???!!!
Old 2004-04-16, 15:41   Link #16
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithKage
last 100 yrs.
WW1
the uneasy peace
stock market crash
WWII
Persian Gulf War
Terrorists go nuts

Exactly my point.

And their are diffrent ways to spell that mans name, I didn't know which way he used it.

Also, I do plan on buying a corrugated steel house, it will have this as its core. All the windows will be poly carbonate (bullet proof glass). Then I can push a little red button and the house will go code red and sink into the bomb proof ground!
Old 2004-04-16, 15:55   Link #17
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
You know those jounin vests kinda look like military body armor:
http://www.engardebodyarmor.com/military.htm
Not the first model on that page, but the following ones after that...
Would be nice to not only have something look Jounin but actually protect you, I think I will end up getting something like this sometime during the summer.

-Chaos
Eagle Eye 503 & 504 do a little.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:05   Link #18
Hunter Nin.

I would say you're all weird, but hell that dude in the banner looks sharp!
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:06   Link #19
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Dude yeh it has been getting kinda dangerous lately ... like last friday this guy totally looked at me when I was getting a soda at the vending machine ... but like thank god I had my armor ... I think he like wanted to stabb me in the chest. And like I was getting some peanut M&Ms and the cashier could have totally killed me with the change... do you know how dangerous a penny can be if used as a projectile ?

Grow up son, if someone was set out to kill you they'd shoot or stabb you in the face. And if that doesn't work the good old beat him until he dies come through every time. The point is unless you plan to wear this thing in public with the helmet that comes with it, and looke like a jackass ... then there is no point in getting it.

"Hey a big bad gangster could get me! "

Yeah and so could a moving car. Insecurity ++.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:10   Link #20
Sai
apathetic

Send a message via AIM to Sai
well i dont think those things look like jounin vests and i think it's dumb when these threads come up asking if the vest are for protection, i mean come on if you're good enough to be a jounin then you shouldn't need armour
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote