AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-13, 20:45   Link #61
Thess

Got it. But I don't really think he's making a 'sacrifice' by following his beliefs and intuition to stay alive away from a clear hostile and abusive enviroment.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-13, 22:16   Link #62
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That may be part of it, but it'd be hard to deny he'd be putting a lot on the line when he's doing what he feels is right.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-08-15, 09:12   Link #63
Thess

Name: Slaine Troyard.
Height: 170 cm.
Birthrate: January 11th.
Blood Type: A.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-21, 17:30   Link #64
Queen of Corners

I'm not sure if I've seen anyone mention it before, so I've gotta ask. Am I the only person who finds Slaine looking absolutely wicked during his first scene in the opening? That smile... that wicked, wicked smile.

I love it.
Old 2014-08-21, 20:31   Link #65
Thess

He's smiling?

He looks pretty neutral and stressed.

Old 2014-08-22, 03:21   Link #66
Queen of Corners

Watched again because of a nagging doubt and you're right. He's not smiling.

Still, he looks wicked, maybe because of the light or something, but it's only a blink and miss it moment. The rest... well, I wouldn't really say he's neutral or anything, but stressed, definitely.
Old 2014-08-22, 06:07   Link #67
Thess

He looks just pretty with the lighting. He's in space, so there's only artificial light in his side of the opening until he's on Earth. Yeah, he's obviously stressed.

Old 2014-08-30, 14:03   Link #68
novalysis

Seeing the vitrol against Slaine in some places, and after seeing female Slaine pictures, I shudder to imagine the cries of misogyny that would have rang out had Slaine been female in Aldonah, but underwent precisely the same events and took the same reactions.
Old 2014-08-30, 14:11   Link #69
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Seeing the vitrol against Slaine in some places, and after seeing female Slaine pictures, I shudder to imagine the cries of misogyny that would have rang out had Slaine been female in Aldonah, but underwent precisely the same events and took the same reactions.
Slaine's the show more popular character. The vitriol is from a loud minority. He's also now getting his very own "what if" CD drama.

Old 2014-09-07, 23:15   Link #70
Irenesharda

You know, I would like to thank TVTropes for introducing me to this word: deuteragonist.

I had just continued calling Slaine the co-MC or co-protagonist, not knowing that there was actually a word already for that. Silly me.

So, from now on, I will try to call Inaho the protagonist, Slaine is the deuteragonist, and Asseylum is the tritagonist. Saazbaum stays the antagonist.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-08, 02:05   Link #71
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I smell he could be the main focus for season 2. He's "mysterious."

I wouldn't be surprised if he's an original Martian or time traveler.

Slaine's father may have just been the scientist who found his stasis pod.
Old 2014-09-08, 02:30   Link #72
Thess

I wonder if we'll ever get a flashback of the mysterious Doctor Troyard.

Old 2014-09-08, 04:47   Link #73
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I will try to call Inaho the protagonist, Slaine is the deuteragonist,
At this point in the story you can't tell who is the protagonist and who is the deutoragonist though. This will be more clear in the second season.

Also there are stories starring two protagonists instead of a protagonist and deutoragonist. They're somewhat uncommon but they do exist.
Old 2014-09-08, 09:58   Link #74
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
At this point in the story you can't tell who is the protagonist and who is the deutoragonist though. This will be more clear in the second season.

Also there are stories starring two protagonists instead of a protagonist and deutoragonist. They're somewhat uncommon but they do exist.
That's the thing, the deuteragonist is just as important as the protagonist, he's pretty much the 2nd protagonist. Since Inaho is making the big push against Vers, he's the protagonist. Slaine's events are just as important and so are Asseylum's, so they get deuteragonist and tritagonist status.

You could make the push that Slaine could be the protagonist since he's the the story that we actually see first and in is the main character that starts it off. And so that might just be the case. But, I'll just leave it as is.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-08, 11:20   Link #75
Kazu-kun

Quote:
That's the thing, the deuteragonist is just as important as the protagonist, he's pretty much the 2nd protagonist.
The deuteragonist is the second in importance. If they were equal, you wouldn't be able to tell which one is the protagonist. If they both have equal importance, which almost never happens, both are protagonists. Although I say "importance" but it's really more about focus.

You can tell who is the protagonist because the events the story focuses on revolve around that person. So far in this series the protagonist is indeed Inaho. It doesn't matter if all the battles and scenes he was involved in were a bit irrelevant plot-wise, that was definitely what the series centered on so far. The situations Slaine got involved with, while arguably more important plot-wise, were more in the background. That might change in the second half when the actual plot kicks in though.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-09-08 at 11:54.
Old 2014-09-08, 11:57   Link #76
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, the deuteragonist is the second in importance. If they were equal, you wouldn't be able to tell which one is the protagonist. If they both have equal importance, which almost never happens, both are protagonists. Although I say "importance" but it's really more about focus.

You can tell who is the protagonist because the events the story focuses on revolve around that person. So far in this series the protagonist is indeed Inaho. It doesn't matter if all the battles and scenes he was involved in were a bit irrelevant plot-wise, that was definitely what the series centered on so far. The situations Slaine got involved with, while arguably more important plot-wise, were more in the background. That might change in the second half when the actual plot kicks in though.
I'm just going with definition I was given, and that a deuteragonist is just as important and their story and events that surround them are just as important as the protagonist. However, the story's already been set up to have several protagonists, but instead of calling them all protagonists, you just number them as they come. The first one the story revolves around in the protagonist. The second person the story revolves around in the deuteragonist, and the third person is the tritagoist. It's not a ranking, and they can probably be interchangeable, since all of them have equal importance to the story. It's different from a supporting protagonist, which is a main character that's very important, but yet, he doesn't influence the main plot as much as the main protagonist. And Slaine's definitely more than a supporting protagonist.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-08, 11:59   Link #77
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The second person the story revolves around in the deuteragonist.
Second in the sense of attention and importance, not in the sense of chronological order or something like that.

Quote:
It's not a ranking, and they can probably be interchangeable
It is a ranking, and is definitely not interchangeable unless the story changes its center of attention, or more accurately, reveals its actual center of attention to be elsewhere than where it was at first.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-09-08 at 13:04.
Old 2014-09-09, 00:58   Link #78
Thess

Quote:
The first one the story revolves around in the protagonist.
By that definition, it's Asseylum. The story revolves around her, including Inaho and Slaine characters.

Old 2014-09-20, 10:27   Link #79
Konja9

I really like the character of Slaine and his loyalty to the princess. I wonder what the future holds for this character.

I have a question, do you know when is the birthday of Slaine?
Old 2014-09-20, 12:04   Link #80
Death Usagi
Banned

Well Slaine just became the most asshole of the series now...
Closed Thread

Tags
characters