AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 04:10   Link #41
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
Well.... At least we're getting something instead of nothing at all, heh.... I wonder how the pacing will be like considering it'll be an OVA instead of a 12 episode series.... D:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 04:16   Link #42
Kyuu
=^^=

So. Just an OVA? Meh, but I'll take it. If it's dedicated to Takako, that'll be great.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 06:50   Link #43
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
OVA??? How come???
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:24   Link #44
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Even if it's OVA, I sure as hell pray that it will not just be a one episode OVA!

Hmm...was there a case where an OVA series gets to 12 episodes?
I guess I'll just have to make due with low ep count.

Oh well, whatever, but if its OVA, we can expect some more quality! Actually screw that, I just want to see my Chihaya move damnit~!

Also, why did they have to change the cast if it's OVA? Doesn't OVA means it doesn't get broadcast-ed?
Old 2012-03-30, 15:29   Link #45
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Looking at the picture and staff and... BAM ! The character design isn't very faithful to the VN and looks exactly the same as the season 1. Also, what the hell they changed the cast ?
Other than that, I bet it will be 2-episode OVA.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:31   Link #46
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Even if it's OVA, I sure as hell pray that it will not just be a one episode OVA!

Hmm...was there a case where an OVA series gets to 12 episodes?
I guess I'll just have to make due with low ep count.

OVA with 12 episodes? Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Katanagatari comes to mind. Such long OVA series are rather rare though. I won't be surprised if this one gets only one or two at most.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 17:12   Link #47
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
OVA with 12 episodes? Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Katanagatari comes to mind. Such long OVA series are rather rare though. I won't be surprised if this one gets only one or two at most.
In b4 Record of Lodoss War
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 12:10   Link #48
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I noticed this topic kind of late....

Anyways
Too bad they changed the entire cast from the original VN, but then again they did that too for the first Otoboku anime. One thing that strikes me odd is why they have announced the seiyuu of Yu and not characters like Kayleigh, Utano and Awayuki . Unlike them, Yu was not a main heroine (well she was in the psp game, but i doubt they would use too many (if any) elements from her story. Because most of her actual development was in the (quite long) common route)

As for the people complaining about the art based on that single image, well let's judge the art when the first trailer comes out (which should come next week).

Seeing that it only has 3 episodes based on some websites, i have some doubts how they will adapt this. Fortunately the VN was not plotdriven, but they will cut away lot's of character development and interactions.
With that little amount of episodes, they will most likely just focus on Kaoruko as the main heroine.

edit
the art based on the few screenshots so far is not as good as the original but i am not complaining.

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otaku_blo...7/7747ef31.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otaku_blo...b/6bbb1df7.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otaku_blo...a/3a1b547f.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otaku_blo...8/68515022.jpg

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-01 at 07:11.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 19:14   Link #49
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Legend of Galactic Heroes says hi.
Old 2012-05-10, 05:29   Link #50
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The trailer is out.

IMO while the art is not as good as the VN, it still looks very decent.
Old 2012-05-10, 06:03   Link #51
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Watched the PV, but I must say, despite having a so-so art and a huge change of cast, enjoyable to me. I guess I'll watch this if only I want to kill the time whenever I'm bored.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-10, 06:05   Link #52
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Watched the PV, but I must say, despite having a so-so art and a huge change of cast, enjoyable to me. I guess I'll watch this if only I want to kill the time whenever I'm bored.
You possibly couldn't have heard the new cast yet, so i don't think you should judge on it yet. The adaptation of the first otoboku had it entire cast changed from the VN, so having it changed here should not matter.

Also you should not even care about the changed voice cast if you have never read otoboku 2.
Old 2012-05-10, 06:07   Link #53
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You possibly couldn't have heard the new cast yet, so i don't think you should judge on it yet.
I already know the new cast, but it kinda changed completely for me.
Despite this, I'll hear their voices and I should say whether their voices are fitting or not.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-10, 06:14   Link #54
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I already know the new cast, but it kinda changed completely for me.
Despite this, I'll hear their voices and I should say whether their voices are fitting or not.
Knowing the cast, does not mean that you already know how they end up sounding.
Also changing the cast does not always mean that the new one will do it worse than the original. Take the anime adaptation of Akasaka as an example. While in my opinion some of them ended up being worse (Yuuhi, Mitsuki), others were (like Tsukasa) better.

edit
As a matter of fact, i didn't like how some characters (especially some of the route specific side characters) sounded in the original otoboku 2.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-10 at 06:30.
Old 2012-05-10, 07:16   Link #55
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hmm. I have no exposure with the original media, but I have to say that this series has a crisp look to it, and the overall feel is like a more serious version of Maria Holic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 07:37   Link #56
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hmm. I have no exposure with the original media, but I have to say that this series has a crisp look to it, and the overall feel is like a more serious version of Maria Holic.
If you can ignore the fact that the main character is male crossdressing as a female, the story overall is actually quite lighthearted.
Old 2012-05-10, 19:09   Link #57
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Having a crossdressing male ain't that bad, actually. (S)he even looks like a Prince(ss) Charming to the other girls.

And I forgot that there's already a more serious version of Maria Holic: it's Maria-sama ga Miteiru.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-05-10, 19:15   Link #58
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Having a crossdressing male ain't that bad, actually. (S)he even looks like a Prince(ss) Charming to the other girls.

And I forgot that there's already a more serious version of Maria Holic: it's Maria-sama ga Miteiru.
Sadly enough when i started the VN , i find the main hero Chihaya looking better/cuter than the heroines X_x'

Old 2012-05-10, 21:30   Link #59
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Sadly enough when i started the VN , i find the main hero Chihaya looking better/cuter than the heroines X_x'

Chi~ha~ya~~~!!! <3

Why can't he have his own route lol.

Speaking of routes, there was that younger girl with long black hair that also didn't have a route despite looking like a heroine, shame.
Old 2012-05-10, 21:36   Link #60
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, (s)he's a beauty. I'm such a sucker for silver-haired girls with unnaturally-colored eyes.

Tags
romance, seinen