Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-19, 23:21   Link #401
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty
i'd love to see the sword calamity being built, can someone hook me up with that vid?
As per your PM to me, since it was the same request, at near 700mb the video is a little large to just upload 'somewhere.'
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 01:30   Link #402
azizol_shahrir

Send a message via ICQ to azizol_shahrir Send a message via MSN to azizol_shahrir Send a message via Yahoo to azizol_shahrir
Ive recently completed my 1/100 Destiny Gundam with some custom decals
view it here at my modeling site......
azizol_shahrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 06:57   Link #403
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
As per your PM to me, since it was the same request, at near 700mb the video is a little large to just upload 'somewhere.'
Perhaps you could try a torrent? Most of those videos come from them anyway as I recall.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 07:28   Link #404
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Perhaps you could try a torrent? Most of those videos come from them anyway as I recall.
i'd really appreaciate it if someone could BT that vid
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 08:22   Link #405
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by azizol_shahrir
Could you show any closeups on the decals? I can make out most of them, but not all. Nice work though, and good call on painting the grey parts white, I'm planning to do that myself - it just looks so much better.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:18   Link #406
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.torrentportal.com/details/129583/

I went to the trouble of finding it, thats a collection of modelmaking videos, its of good interest to any modeller to watch.

The available ones being built are Agguy, Gouf, DOM Char Custom, a Z'Gok display, Gundam MKII, RX-78 Gundam Ver Ka, Old Zaku, Qubeley.

No Sword Calamity though so I'm very interested in it srb if you find a way of putting it up.

Quote:
That is an awesome job, may I ask how you did the decals?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:20   Link #407
srb
I can see time itself!

I don't have it, but I want it as well.
Old 2006-01-20, 12:26   Link #408
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Amazon just cancled the order for my GP-02 >_<

I'm so pissed off.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 00:41   Link #409
portgas D ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri

I'm so pissed off.
dude... that sucks.... GP-02 is the frockon bomb... funny thing.... i saw it on ebay once for 1 buck so i bid on it and someone took it at the last minute....
portgas D ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 00:52   Link #410
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I gave up on eBay since people were always doing that to me. I'd be the only bidder on an item then, with less than two minutes until the auction ended, someone would enter a last minute bid to beat me out.

After having it happen a dozen times, I just gave up. >.>
Old 2006-01-21, 01:35   Link #411
srb
I can see time itself!

Use their own strategy against them - people find items they want, write down the closing time, then right before it closes they make a bid.
Old 2006-01-21, 01:49   Link #412
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
mmmm...sexy. Those decals are great idea.

I can't wait to get my paints/decals in the mail so I can work on my MG Strike. Need to try to make it look like that.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 01:52   Link #413
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:

I'm so pissed off.
Didn't Amazon.com run out of GP-02 weeks ago? The only thing they have now is the Kampfer. Heh, guess it's not popular..

Quote:
I gave up on eBay since people were always doing that to me. I'd be the only bidder on an item then, with less than two minutes until the auction ended, someone would enter a last minute bid to beat me out.

Isn't that why maximum bid exists?
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 02:14   Link #414
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Use their own strategy against them - people find items they want, write down the closing time, then right before it closes they make a bid.
Except I'm not going to live my life according to when auctions I'm interested in end, I have a life beyond that. >.>

@DarkWarrior - I'm cheap. -.-
Old 2006-01-21, 03:15   Link #415
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Except I'm not going to live my life according to when auctions I'm interested in end, I have a life beyond that. >.>
That depends on when they end, no? If they end at, say, 22:00 on a Wednesday and you know you're not doing anything then, why not take one minute from your time and write it down and then another minute to bid at it on 21:59?

I'm not suggesting you live according to the end dates.

"Sorry guys, I've got to go now, I have to bid on an auction on eBay!" all the time would be pretty weird :P.
Old 2006-01-21, 05:48   Link #416
GameraBaenre

Since there was recent talk of SD's in here, as well as a little SD Competition over at another forum.... I started this last night. Not too much done so far, just glued the parts, minor sanding, drill of holes, and a bit of epoxy putty to add bulk and shape to it.... I've got 8 more days before I need to have this little sucker finished. Good thing these guys are tiny.

http://www.gamerabaenre.com/sd_kampfer_prog.htm

No idea for a paint scheme yet. Debating on going flat + weathered, or shiny and experimental with some pearl powders....
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 14:16   Link #417
pmajin

Here's a modelling question to all those madass godly modellers... WHen hand painting the airducts black/dark colored on the chest of most gundams with a fine-tip brush, how is it possible to paint the black parts without accidentally painting over the ducts themselves and causing a huge mess in the duct area... aside from being extreeeeemllyy carefully while painting.... I just finished my Hazel CUstom TR-1 but i messed up the ducts and it's too small for me to fix the inside of the ducts....
pmajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 18:40   Link #418
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:

You have to be careful

The only ones I saw on ebay recently are for real cheap, but they are shipping scams...They charge 40-70 bucks for shipping.

I emailed one of them and asked why shipping was so high, because I've shipped multiple models in LARGE boxes and it didn't even cost me 20 bucks, and questioned on if his model was made of depleted uranium, And if not...Then why did he feel the need to be so exorbantly overpriced on shipping.

His response? Basically ignored everything I said and said shipping prices that high were not outrageous.

So maybe the model WAS made out of depleted Uranium.

EDIT

As to the other part, its refered to as sniping...and is common practice. I usually enter my last bid with less than 10 seconds to spare, and I usually get the item ^_^;;
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 19:40   Link #419
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

heh, I don't mind ebay, it actually accounts for 95% of my purchases for the last 2 months lol. And, I do maximum bids because I plan ahead of time, and money is....lol...

For those high shipping profiteers, they're probably just biding their time till the model gets rare lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmajin
Here's a modelling question to all those madass godly modellers... WHen hand painting the airducts black/dark colored on the chest of most gundams with a fine-tip brush, how is it possible to paint the black parts without accidentally painting over the ducts themselves and causing a huge mess in the duct area... aside from being extreeeeemllyy carefully while painting.... I just finished my Hazel CUstom TR-1 but i messed up the ducts and it's too small for me to fix the inside of the ducts....
You do mean 1/144 size, right? For that, I use Micron/Pigment ink pens. I have various sizes for the various sizes of jobs, and my best are 0.020mm, and 0.10mm. Not only does the model look good, it's very easy

Last edited by mangatron; 2006-01-22 at 19:49. Reason: answer for airduct question
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 19:45   Link #420
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

Quote:

I emailed one of them and asked why shipping was so high, because I've shipped multiple models in LARGE boxes and it didn't even cost me 20 bucks, and questioned on if his model was made of depleted uranium, And if not...Then why did he feel the need to be so exorbantly overpriced on shipping.
eBay charges the sellers based on the listing fee - though sometime they give free listing days and many sellers put the start bid price at very low but put the Hugh mark-up in the shipping to make up in case the item sold under valued...

When I was selling eBay I used to the similar thing listing items at 1 cent each with minimum U$30 for shipping which basically included U$10 for actual shipping and U$20 for the item price... Well everyone I know were doing so I didn't see anything wrong and coz I combined the shipping for multiple items so it wasn't like I was ripping off the buyers - I only sold to local buyers though, no international shipping to avoid any headache... WIIW
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy