AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-26, 11:45   Link #201
Miraploy

Did anyone get the magazine yet.
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:22   Link #202
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
Did anyone get the magazine yet.
Yes. He is dead. Here is the scan.

It's sad, but this is the truth.
Goodbye Lelouch!

Spoiler for scan:
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 05:57   Link #203
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Yes. He is dead. Here is the scan.

It's sad, but this is the truth.
Goodbye Lelouch!

Spoiler for scan:
This would be so much sadder if I could get ore out of it than Shirley and Mr.Vampire of Britannia are dead xD
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 06:36   Link #204
Sol Falling

This would be pretty awesome if Shirley having her picture there meant her death was special.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 07:05   Link #205
Charred Knight

I am more interested in the interview Okouchi gave as that is apparently where he confims his death. Also I am wondering if that list is from the magazine or Okouchi directly during the interview.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 16:32   Link #206
Miraploy

Yep, thanks Airi, but what I really want to see is a translation of the interview. Anyone have that?
Old 2008-10-27, 20:44   Link #207
Miraploy

Oh I just found this. I guess this is the answer.

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...louchs-coffin/
Old 2008-10-27, 20:57   Link #208
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
Oh I just found this. I guess this is the answer.

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...louchs-coffin/
*sigh* I share the same feelings as the writer. I knew he had to die, and I don't mind that. My only regret is that Lelouch and C.C. didn't admit their love =( (Or vice versa for kallen/shirley lovers). The romance in Code Geass was one of the reasons I liked it, the relationship between Lelouch and C.C. <3
Old 2008-10-27, 22:31   Link #209
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Why can't he just say that "Lelouch is dead" instead of giving us vague quot-ass like his story is to an end but not for the others.....
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 10:19   Link #210
NyxOne

Wow, it's a failure because Lelouch dies? Did you even understand what he intended to do, jafri?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 10:26   Link #211
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
why do so many people seem to hate the idea that he is dead
that was the whole point of ZERO-R
and it was done to atone for all the shit he did during his time since getting the geass (before and during ZERO-R)
if he dies to make the world a better place then he is a hero
if he cheated his way out of it then he's a douch (who ended up sticking suzaku with the bill BTW)
why wish he was still alive
Old 2008-10-28, 11:03   Link #212
Miraploy

I hope you realize you make no sense dude.
Old 2008-10-28, 11:44   Link #213
NyxOne

Darthfury spouts non-existant truths about the self-perceived 'importance' of a high school and its residents whose sole purposes (save for Shirley, and Rivalz, who can be credited with starting Code Geass' main story, and Nina) were to be used as filler. He's delusional.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 14:29   Link #214
Genius-kun
Away for a bit...
*Scanlator

I dont want him to be dead wtf! If hes dead there's not going to be another code geass sequel NOOOOOOO! I really enjoyed Code geass so i wanna see more thats why.

Genius-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 17:54   Link #215
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if he cheated his way out of it then he's a douch (who ended up sticking suzaku with the bill BTW)
That the Lelouch way, isnt it smart? Hehe
Aside from that, he just gave Suzaku a reason to live on.
If I think about it, I would not mind if Suzaku did die. He is a great pilot, but all he was doing is moan about the dead, he didn't manage to change much of Britannia from inside until the very end.

Quote:
why do so many people seem to hate the idea that he is dead
He is the one who made Code Geass into interesting cunning series, he is the main character. He also have charisma and do things out of the ordinary "good guy way".
Once something bad happen he have balls enough to move on, even when that something hurt really badly.

Quote:
and it was done to atone for all the shit he did during his time since getting the geass (before and during ZERO-R)
It would have been much more interesting to see how a person would live on and atone his sins in a different way.
How all what he did would affect him and how he would deal with all this emotional crap.
Just like in the case with Rurouni Kenshin (Dunno if I spell this right)
Have you seen that anime? It was one of my first anime I ever seen, pretty damn good.

Quote:
if he dies to make the world a better place then he is a hero
No, he is a martyr. You cant make a good world by sacrificing your self just like that. Is the moral that if a human commit a suicide it is for the sake of the better world?
Let me take it to next level.
This is the same as to say: If a terrorist blow up a supermarket, he sacrifice himself to create a better world. HE IS NOW A FREAKIGN HERO WITH YOUR LOGIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius-kun View Post
I dont want him to be dead wtf! If hes dead there's not going to be another code geass sequel NOOOOOOO! I really enjoyed Code geass so i wanna see more thats why.
Lets go and spam Sunrise, geass.jp and their sponsors websites with hate mail until they bring him back!!!
Or block our IP's

Off-topic.
I am starting to love FireFox. Accidentaly closed the tab with reply window, but was able to open it up again with all the text in same window by going to "History -> Recently closed tabs"
I wonder if Opera have this sort of function.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:22   Link #216
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post

Uhhmmm....Not just THAT.

I meant because of the CG Poor storylines I mean Someone named Darthfury78 tolds me to that why it fails. I mean i just need to know what happened to the Ashford Academy after the aftermath of the final TURN. But unfortunately, that wasn't the case so it fails to me.

But i love Code geass since i've watched in December 2006 to make me impress to watch the other anime shows instead of that Crappy Chrono Crusade & Mai otome.

UNTIL now after i've heard some shocking news from someone, THIS happens to me. I mean dissapointed.......
WTF are you babbling about?
Old 2008-10-29, 03:24   Link #217
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
No, he is a martyr. You cant make a good world by sacrificing your self just like that. Is the moral that if a human commit a suicide it is for the sake of the better world?
Let me take it to next level.
This is the same as to say: If a terrorist blow up a supermarket, he sacrifice himself to create a better world. HE IS NOW A FREAKIGN HERO WITH YOUR LOGIC!
Actually, technically he's only a martyr from the viewer's subjective point of view. To the vast majority of the world of Code Geass, he was a monster who's reign was put to an end by the freedom fighter Zero. Most people in the world of Code Geass don't know the truth. Only C.C., Suzaku, and Nunnally (and maybe Kallen) know the truth.
Old 2008-10-29, 05:08   Link #218
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

So its confirmed that he's deader than dead? Wonderful.

What an awful way to end the series. So many other characters deserving death including, but not limited too Schenziel for killing everyone in the Imperial Capital, Nunnally for spamming FLEIA's and Nina for humping tables and that face, yet, in the end Lelouch is the only one to carry the can while they get a chance at redemption.

I wouldn't have minded if he died if the aforementioned losers got taken with him since Lelouch wouldn't be the only one being punished for his crimes, but forcing it all on him(even if he didn't mind and even wanted it) just sucks ass. Total failure.

Lelouch taking over the world and ruling as a tyrant would've been a better end. Teach everyone that "good" doesn't always triumph over "evil" just like RL, much better than some stupid morality tale ending.

Wish i could take back my 10 and halve it.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:29   Link #219
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
WTF are you babbling about?
I was talked about How this show turns out to be 'Unfinished'. That is all.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 08:56   Link #220
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
So its confirmed that he's deader than dead? Wonderful.

What an awful way to end the series. So many other characters deserving death including, but not limited too Schenziel for killing everyone in the Imperial Capital, Nunnally for spamming FLEIA's and Nina for humping tables and that face, yet, in the end Lelouch is the only one to carry the can while they get a chance at redemption.

I wouldn't have minded if he died if the aforementioned losers got taken with him since Lelouch wouldn't be the only one being punished for his crimes, but forcing it all on him(even if he didn't mind and even wanted it) just sucks ass. Total failure.

Lelouch taking over the world and ruling as a tyrant would've been a better end. Teach everyone that "good" doesn't always triumph over "evil" just like RL, much better than some stupid morality tale ending.

Wish i could take back my 10 and halve it.
It's an anime man, not a Shakespearean play. in anime, it's ok to die happy as a martyr.