AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-08, 06:56   Link #21
calorie

For me it would be Australia (Sydney or Melbourne) or Japan. Though I'm not a great fan of traveling, I wouldn rather like to live in either of these two countries rather than just visit them.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 07:02   Link #22
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Where would you go?
My mom told me today that she is worried that I don't seem to be taking school very seriously, so she wants me to take next semester off to travel abroad. Her thoughts are that hopefully I will find something I like to do whilst traveling and be able to concentrate on a career path
The only places I can think of right now are London (been there before, it was really fun), Paris (have some family there, maybe visit Hellychan ), or some place in Japan.
Any input would be appreciated.
There are already some threads about travelling, you might want to check them

Visiting somewhere other than Japan
Your travel wishes
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 07:03   Link #23
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Considering the forum we're on, I think a lot of people, including myself, would like to go to Japan.

Other than Japan, probably Russia.
Old 2009-09-08, 07:06   Link #24
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Venice first of all. Of course I'd probably be disappointed that the real thing doesn't live up to Neo-Venicia, but I'd still like to see it.
Old 2009-09-08, 07:10   Link #25
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I would really like to go to Sweden (and I plan to do it for my study ) because it seems to be a great country with beautiful landscape

The truth is that I plan (when I will finish my study) to maybe travel around the world. To see different country, culture and the beautiful thing that our earth have before that there is a third world war >_>
Old 2009-09-08, 07:16   Link #26
Theowne
耳をすませば

I would like to go many places, and not just the fun places that usually top these lists. Well actually I have travelled quite a bit, but not all I'd like.

I want to go to Japan, but more to sit at a peaceful Shinto temple in the morning, rather than buy a lot of anime or whatnot. I'd like to see all the historical and cultural sites of China and India, Great Wall, Taj Mahal, etc. Also the architecture in various European cities. The Egyptian pyramids. You get the point....I like travelling for the enrichment. I want to see what humans have done across the world throughout history, that's what is enjoyable for me.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 08:31   Link #27
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsla View Post
For me it would be Australia (Sydney or Melbourne) or Japan. Though I'm not a great fan of traveling, I wouldn rather like to live in either of these two countries rather than just visit them.
Yeah a couple of my friends are living in Australia for a few months and say its awesome, but I would like to go a country not started by a prison colony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
There are already some threads about travelling, you might want to check them

Visiting somewhere other than Japan
Your travel wishes
But those threads aren't about me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Other than Japan, probably Russia.
I hadn't considered Russia but it would be fun to visit Stalin's (and Lenin's) grave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Venice first of all. Of course I'd probably be disappointed that the real thing doesn't live up to Neo-Venicia, but I'd still like to see it.
I've always thought of Venice as more of a romantic city, and I don't know how well that would work seeing as I would probably be travelling alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I would really like to go to Sweden (and I plan to do it for my study ) because it seems to be a great country with beautiful landscape
Is anything in Sweden? (historically)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
The truth is that I plan (when I will finish my study) to maybe travel around the world. To see different country, culture and the beautiful thing that our earth have before that there is a third world war >_>
Yeah I think I might end up going to 2 or 3 countries since the trip would last a few months.
Old 2009-09-08, 08:51   Link #28
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

I would either go to Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, or Japan. Everytime I see pictures of these places, I'm often yearning for adventure.
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 09:10   Link #29
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
But those threads aren't about me.
Silly you

Well, then, Paris is a good city to visit (even if it's overrated imo). But there are many other nice places in France Have you ever visited our mountains for example? ^^ Anyway, have fun if you come here
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 09:37   Link #30
Solafighter
Hige

At home, since im already traveling around the world in my job.
Old 2009-09-08, 09:41   Link #31
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Silly you
I am quite silly
Quote:
Well, then, Paris is a good city to visit (even if it's overrated imo). But there are many other nice places in France
Well I wouldn't just stay in the city for 3 months, that would be kind of a wasted trip, I would just use Paris as my base of operations
To tell the truth, I'm a little nervous about visiting Paris after seeing Taken. I don't want to be kidnapped and sold into prostitution. My dad isn't Liam Neeson.
Quote:
Have you ever visited our mountains for example? ^^ Anyway, have fun if you come here
Never been anywhere in France my uncle got mad at me for not visiting him when I was in London.
Old 2009-09-08, 10:23   Link #32
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Silly you

Well, then, Paris is a good city to visit (even if it's overrated imo). But there are many other nice places in France Have you ever visited our mountains for example? ^^ Anyway, have fun if you come here
I heard the food is bad/expensive and the people have crappy manners. But other than Japan, I'll love to visit Britain, Italy or South Korea. They have amazing sights and culture there and I want to be there at least once before I die.
Old 2009-09-08, 10:38   Link #33
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I heard the food is bad/expensive and the people have crappy manners.
There places and people like that in every city. Not every restaurant in the city/country can have bad food or be overpriced. And not every person can have bad manners.
Old 2009-09-08, 10:49   Link #34
LynnieS

Quote:
Where would you go?
My mom told me today that she is worried that I don't seem to be taking school very seriously, so she wants me to take next semester off to travel abroad. Her thoughts are that hopefully I will find something I like to do whilst traveling and be able to concentrate on a career path
The only places I can think of right now are London (been there before, it was really fun), Paris (have some family there, maybe visit Hellychan ), or some place in Japan.
Any input would be appreciated.
To be honest, this is kind of a vague request. Without a planned budget or an idea of your interests, it rather sounds like your mother is giving you a blank cheque for your trip with no expectation of your coming out, in the end, of a career path? That sounds great, BTW, if so.

If you are leaning toward work in activism, places that are poorer than your home country might be good - if only then you see the large gap separating the two. Vietnam and Cambodia could be good.

If you are looking for something more entrepreneurial, in Asia, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan might be interesting as well.

But whatever you decide, stay away from my Hellychan...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 11:07   Link #35
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I heard the food is bad/expensive
I think you confuse with England here (don't kill me english people ). French food si surely one of the best in the world and one of the most varied.

And for bad manner, it's the case everywhere in the world

@Gin : In France there are many wonderful place beside Paris. If you like Moutain, go to the "Parc du Mercantour" in summer. It's a wonderful place. In Winter, you can go to Tigne.

Another great trip is to travel on the Loire with a boat. It's really great :

http://www.charmes-nautiques.com/1_t...efluvial_e.htm

For other city, you have Troyes :

http://images.google.fr/images?q=Tro...N&hl=fr&tab=wi

Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Brest, Renne etc...

And there is many many many other thing to do in France. It's not for nothing that's the most visited country in the world (yeah I'm very proud of my country )

About Sweden I don't really know. I'm more interrested in their beautiful landscape
Old 2009-09-08, 11:41   Link #36
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I want to see Venice again, just for the nostalgia. But only Venice, I haven't liked Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I want to go to Japan, but more to sit at a peaceful Shinto temple in the morning, rather than buy a lot of anime or whatnot.
My dream is to watch the autumn scenery from a Shinto temple while the sun is setting. I want to go to Japan to see its beautiful mountain scenery, not to see the great cities and buy anime goods. I hate crowded places and cities the most.

Last edited by Solais; 2009-09-08 at 13:18.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 11:49   Link #37
Aqua Knight

Definitely Japan.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 01:48   Link #38
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, where would I go huh? Definitely
England, to meet some friends of mine
Egypt, for sightseeing mainly
Singapore, for the cuisine
France (Nice), to meet up with my uncle there
Japan, like any other anime/manga fan but also to check out technology, cuisine and lifestyle
Brazil, got family there too and I've never been there in my life

In all the places I want to go, I would also walk/skate around aimlessly for hours just to enjoy the scenery, so that I literally "travel the world"

P.S: If anyone wants to come to Greece I suggest Peloponnisos or Chalkidiki, Athens is nice and all but there's currently too much construction going on, so roads are blocked and trains are slow. The food's great though, tons of different ways to cook meat
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 01:59   Link #39
othera

The great barrier reef, no countries or anything I'd prefer to visit.

That is the only place as it is dying and I wish to see it before it does. Perhaps after I have been there I will start planning to go other places, though there are no countries or anywhere outside of Australia I really want to visit.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 02:12   Link #40
coderlan
Student

I'd like to learn Japanese so my only destination is Japan...English subs now doesn't matter....YEY!
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote