AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-14, 03:38   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 660 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Last week we were introduced to the latest addition to the shichibukai. What business does he have on Punk Hazard!? Perhaps this chapter will reveal some answers. Credit once again goes to T for the summary and the various translators at AP for translation:

-Chapter title is "Shichibukai Trafalgar Law". There's no ministory this week since there will be a color page instead.

-As Chopper's group escape with the giant kids, the kids say that their illness was cured in a year. They also pass by a room where a prisoner is being submerged in ice. Meanwhile, the samurai head argues with Sanji, saying he wants to find his son solo. The chef and Franky then regroup with Nami and Chopper briefly after the dispute.

-....However, they also happen to meet at the same area where Smoker's group and Law were at, so they're forced to run once again. The marines give chase, but Law impedes them by using his "room" power to lift their battleship in the air....!!!

Hm, chapter sounds brief from the summary but I'm sure the full thing will reveal some extra juicy content. I'm sort of guessing that Law had a hand in helping those kids, though that still doesn't explain what connection he has with the PH people. Anyways, looks like he ended up helping Luffy's crew once again. I wonder if he's going to make some new centaurs out of those G5 marines?
Old 2012-03-14, 04:39   Link #2
Mateus

Room, I wonder Law's devil fruit will be called - I've been curious ever since first seeing it during the Sabaody arc way back when.
Old 2012-03-14, 04:54   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I would guess either Heya-Heya no Mi, or Ope-Ope no Mi.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:00   Link #4
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Well, Blueno already has the door-door fruit...

Anyway, now things are getting fun! I wonder who's going to fight who - Law may not give a damn about the Straw Hats, but attacking Smoker doesn't seem like the brightest idea

EDIT: Nope, Law is still within the "room"...

Last edited by randomlex; 2012-03-14 at 07:39.
Old 2012-03-14, 07:31   Link #5
andy

awesome chapter , this arc has been great so far .
next week law vs smoker fight going to be interrupted some how but should still be fun .
Old 2012-03-14, 07:41   Link #6
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Law claims he's surprised that the Straw Hats are there, yet he obviously works with those masked guys to heal or experiment on the kids - what the hell is going on here?
Old 2012-03-14, 07:43   Link #7
Valky
Radioactive

Law vs Smoker next week? Seriously? EPIC!

The story is getting more awesome and awesome by the chapter, I can't tell what's what anymore.
Old 2012-03-14, 08:07   Link #8
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Law claims he's surprised that the Straw Hats are there, yet he obviously works with those masked guys to heal or experiment on the kids - what the hell is going on here?
Yep because its not possible for him to lie

Hes an honest fellow that Law.
Old 2012-03-14, 08:20   Link #9
Stained-Shadow
Rei

Haha smoker vs law? I think its gonna be interrupted by luffy barging in out of no where. And this is just a stupid theory but maybe law became a shichibukai to use the island for something without the marines interference.?
Old 2012-03-14, 08:36   Link #10
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

can't wait till luffy punches smoker with haki
Old 2012-03-14, 09:01   Link #11
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
See my problem with Oda making Sanji out to be just comic relief is that whenever I could/would speculate about his level up or his new powers, I can't take any hints seriously. E.G. this chapter, he 'felt' Nami's distress, but it's so typical Sanji that you can't really tell if it's haki he's using or this is just the fourth wall crumbling down again.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:11   Link #12
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
See my problem with Oda making Sanji out to be just comic relief is that whenever I could/would speculate about his level up or his new powers, I can't take any hints seriously. E.G. this chapter, he 'felt' Nami's distress, but it's so typical Sanji that you can't really tell if it's haki he's using or this is just the fourth wall crumbling down again.
Haha, I think that was for comedy - I bet his CoO haki will be shown in a fight, with him dodging the hits easily...
Old 2012-03-14, 09:12   Link #13
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Woa, Law has seriously powered up his 'room'. I wonder what happened to his crew.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:16   Link #14
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Woa, Law has seriously powered up his 'room'. I wonder what happened to his crew.
Hmm, good thought - I believe they've either contracted that "disease".... or are just chilling on the yellow submarine
Old 2012-03-14, 09:36   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I would guess either Heya-Heya no Mi, or Ope-Ope no Mi.

Couldn't it also just be the room-room fruit (from the English "room", that is)? I think it still fits under the DF name pattern of 2 syllables, after all.....

Anyways, fun chapter. I really liked the crew interaction going on here. I also had a good chuckle at Sanji's argument with Mr. Samurai Head. Also, a big LOL at the marines even getting weirded out by the bizarre shenanigans taking place at PH. As for Smoker vs. Law, I'm pretty much also in the camp with those who believe we'll only see a brief fight before it gets interrupted. I dunno about Luffy being the one to get in the way, though.... his group seems to be pretty busy with those centaurs, after all. Maybe Brooke and the samurai's torso will crash the party instead!

Also, calling it now: Those frozen bodies Nami and Chopper found? I'm willing to bet that they comprise of those ID prisoners that Blackbeard busted out during the war.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:42   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

law picking a fight with smoker... this should be interesting... satyrs, frozen bodies, mysterious diseases, this arc is the most intriguing and confusing one yet. but for some reason, i'm enjoying it.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:04   Link #17
spandy15

1) I can't help but feel that Law is telling the truth; he seemed genuinely surprisedto see the Strawhats there. I think that he knew the Strawhats entered Punk Hazard, but thought they left after not finding anything. It's possible that he did hire the sheep-men, but they're secretely working for the Goo Guy, and that he was told that the Stawhats left when they were actually being taken.

2) The "frozen people" may very well be the Level 6 Impel Down prisoners that Blackbeard released, since they all do seem to be wearing prisoner garb. In fact, they may even be the 100 pirates whose hearts he gave to the World Government. That would definitely exonerate his crimes in their eyes, and allow him to become a Shichibukai.

3) Until we get an explanation on what exactly Law's power can do, what he did this chapter just bugs me. Levitating a warship? This isn't seperating and rearranging things; this is a powered down version of the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi that Shiki uses. I know I'm wrong about that, but right now, that's just what this seems like.

4)Happy 36th Birthday, Smoker-san!
Old 2012-03-14, 10:13   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

soo... Punk Hazard is really a suitable battlefield...

after an epic battle between Akainu and Aokiji, now it will be the stage of battle between Law and Smoker
let's see how Luffy will fit in the scene

Strawhat's crew is hilarious as usual
Old 2012-03-14, 10:34   Link #19
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, calling it now: Those frozen bodies Nami and Chopper found? I'm willing to bet that they comprise of those ID prisoners that Blackbeard busted out during the war.
Yep it looks that way. They have similar outfits. How in the heck did they end up on punk hazard?

One thought: did Law great the liquid/gas "Master" by chopping him/her up to pieces?
Old 2012-03-14, 10:36   Link #20
unameit

Law power should render useless against smoker, a logia.. unless he got haki, law would have no chance..
Closed Thread