AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 21:45   Link #3181
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Just got a key for the CSGO beta. Not really liking it so far compared to CSS but I can feel myself getting sucked in...
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 12:03   Link #3182
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Totally waiting for Pokemon Black 2 to come out in Japan... just 16 more days until my preorder gets shipped. In the meantime, I'm playing...

Idolmaster SP (Wandering Star/Missing Moon) on Playstation Portable: Finally finished more of Ami's free produce and I managed to get up to an S Idol rank at Week 39/40. That was pretty quick since I spend my time overtraining and then doing all the auditions without any memory appeals. Probably just going to spend rest of the time doing promotions and lessons so I can get the best ending. As for Missing Moon, I finally got Japanese PSN points to download the game. Now, I'm doing a free produce of Azusa.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:51   Link #3183
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Aw, I kinda wish I had an N64 to play Banjo Kazooie. From the brief time that I have played the first two Banjo Kazooie games, I had a real blast of a time. If I had the chance, I'd play Conker's Bad Fur Day as well, and it's a shame that Rare is pretty much a dead company walking now.
Rare ruled the N64 age, definitely. If you search around pawn shops or something like that, you can find usually find N64 consoles cheaper than Banjo Kazooie and DEFINITELY Conker's Bad Fur Day.

But yeah, nowadays we got Reloaded, Nuts & Bolts and....Kinect...Sports...

Playing some more Battlefield 3 and Ace Attorney Investigations on my side.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:53   Link #3184
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Well let me note that they're only available in JP as far as I know.

Also the first one is on the DS while the second one, "7th Dragon 2020" is for the PSP. Storywise 2020 is actually a prequel to the DS title.

The DS one is actually quite challenging and somewhat of a pain when it comes to traveling on the world map. The major thing that comes up after the first part of the game is the "Flowr", poisonous flowers that cover the field that drains your HP when you step over them. And the World Map and Dungeons are FILLED with them. (part of the objective is to clear them from each area by defeating the bosses)

The second objective is to hunt down all the Dragons. There are about...600 or so of them? Though you only need to kill about 300 to complete the story. Many appear on the field, basically like the FOE in the Etrian Odyssey games.

The main part of the game is pretty straight forward. The bonus dungeon on the other hand is QUITE challenging. I've yet to even finish itand my characters are at Lvl.80 with the best equipment possible at that point. orz. The normal encounter enemies are powered up versions of the FOE-ish Dragons so...yeah. To think, all the boss class dragons come back even stronger too...orz

7th Dragon 2020 on the other hand is MUCH easier. I'm only having trouble defeating the final boss of the bonus dungeon in this one.

The cool part about 2020 is that you can choose your characters appearances from 10 styles(the DS version has 4character appearances for each class, just like Etrian Odyssey) and about 30+ VA voices. Its a pretty gorgeous cast. Though its just battle voices so, its not like they talk during the story. orz

Hope that info helps you in your decision. Oh btw, the DS version is under "SEGA'S the BEST" collection so you "should" be able to find it fairly cheap if you look for it.
Thanks for the review. It sounds really promising and I am gonna give it a try right now.
Old 2012-06-08, 19:50   Link #3185
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Cousin let me borrow Modern Warfare 3, so I'm playing the campaign.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:00   Link #3186
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Got my hands on The Last Remnant for the PC. Never got time to finish the X-box 360 version but I hope to do so now.

Being able to make unions with only leaders in it is a great change from the console version.
Old 2012-06-11, 23:03   Link #3187
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally finished(?) Tales of Vesperia. Cleared the main story and moved onto the bonus dungeons. Finsihed the first one and reached the last level of the second one only to get slaughtered by what is possibly the hardest boss of the game.

Out of frustration I put the game off to the side and killing my time playing Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA-. Currently waiting to hear more info on the PS3 version of the newly upcoming sequel of the series. They have a date for the PSVita version but not the PS3...orz

Still trying to force myself to finish Hyper Dimension Neptune as the reduced price version of Mk.2 comes out this week. I just really want this game off my plate.

Also had the urge to go back and play some of my old SNES games. Still LOVE Earthbound/Mother 2, next to the FF series and Chrono Trigger.
Old 2012-06-12, 09:28   Link #3188
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Back to playing Skyrim again after quite a break and I see they've added new animations and finishing moves for the weapons including bows which is pretty cool.

Cant wait for the dawnguard expansion so I can slay me some vampires !

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:17   Link #3189
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: For the past few weeks I've been playing White Knight Chronicles/White Knight Chronicles 2. Normally I wouldn't put up with gameplay like this.... but the storyline gives me a very "mecha" feeling. It's enough to keep me playing to the end atleast..... well, atleast until I crack open Lollipop Chainsaw~

360: Went back to Batman: Arkham City for Harley Quinn's Revenge, quickly got all the achievements for that. Gotta make time to finish the Campaigns for Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing though~
Old 2012-06-12, 11:24   Link #3190
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Just DLed the demo for ROBOTICS;NOTES onto my PS3 off of the JP PSN.

This game had my attention for some time now. New game from 5pb. that takes place in the same world setting as Steins;Gate, only 10years later from the events of it. Not to mention the fact that the game isnt out yet and its already scheduled to be aired as an anime on Noitamina this October-(ish).

Then theres the fact that the appearance of Tennouji Nae has been confirmed.
That cute little girl from Steins;Gate is now quite a sexy young lady.

*she doesnt appear in the demo, I've just seen her in magazine articles, etc. of the game.

The demo did enough to pull you into the world while leaving a lot of things unanswered.(Well thats the intent of making a Demo/Trial version so...)
In the demo you basically get to see the story through two of the main characters' perspective, Kaito and Akiho. You get to play up to the point where they enter the Hobby-Robot tournament to save the Robo-club, where they carry on the task started by Akiho's older sister from nine years ago to make an actual sized Gunvarel (a robot that appears in a legendary anime in the world of ROBOTIC;NOTES) robot.

There were a couple of short anime and CG cut-ins that were actually quite nice and made DLing the game worth it. You also get to play the in-game game, "Kill Ballad", which was very simple, just enter the specified buttons within the time limit. VERY easy in this demo version since you have about a whole minute to enter 5 buttons in most of the situations. I hope that in the actual game that its more challenging with more buttons and less time.

...*checks wallet* Hnnngh~, I really want this game now. orz
Old 2012-06-12, 11:27   Link #3191
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
PS3 - Devil May Cry 1 from the HD Collection. So close to getting a platinum trophy in the game. Planning to do 3 next because that game is a freaking blast!
Old 2012-06-12, 17:27   Link #3192
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just picked up Batman: Arkham City (PC) on a sale at Gamefly and have been playing that almost nonstop. It's not as good as the first one but I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong. Don't get me wrong however cause it's still one of the best damn games I've played lately and you can't beat the awesome feeling it gives you of feeling like you truly are batman for a bit.

I've also picked up Magicka (PC) again since one of my mates got the game on a sale and has been bugging me nonstop to play some multi with him. I got a bit bored of the single-player back when I bought it but now I saw that the multiplayer challenges are just amazingly fun.
Old 2012-06-12, 19:14   Link #3193
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'd like to say I'm playing Phantom Breaker but, well, it was delayed, again, without any comment from the publisher. I desperately want to give them my money for a supposedly very mediocre game, and they're just not willing to take it. I'll be surprised if the game ever releases at this point.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 17:57   Link #3194
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Well, playing some games besides recording my Lets Play of Idolmaster 2...

Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure: I don't know, but I had some motivation to play this game again and close to beating it... Got like three Prism Pieces with one left to go. Still, have to get Pokepark Wii 2 one of these days, but whatever since the game is easy, but fun.

Idolmaster SP Missing Moon: Finally got my production for Azusa at Rank S again, but took a bit longer compared to Ami/Mami Free Produce. Now I'm doing a Chihaya story produce and like I expected, it's difficult to keep her tension high as it keeps dropping more than it raises. I actually find it more difficult compared to Iori, even though she is a tsundere. But whatever, it's going well okay I guess.
Old 2012-06-14, 20:51   Link #3195
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Finished the story mode of Max Payne 3 (PC). Great game overall and a worthy sequel to the series, but I got a little annoyed at some of the cutscenes being unskippable, even in arcade mode.
I'll be waiting to play the Metal Gear Solid HD collection on my Vita.
Old 2012-06-15, 01:25   Link #3196
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
DS: Remembered that I had been doing a playthrough of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, so I decided to get back to that. Turns out I left off halfway through the 2nd case.... not sure if I'll continue on to the other 3 games afterwards~

PS3: Playing Lollipop Chainsaw, and absolutely loving it. Never should'a doubted a Suda51 game~

PC: Gonna be playing the DayZ mod for Arma II once it finishes installing. I think it might be the closest to a zombie apocalypse simulator out there, so it should be sooooo good~
Old 2012-06-15, 14:45   Link #3197
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
PC: Gonna be playing the DayZ mod for Arma II once it finishes installing. I think it might be the closest to a zombie apocalypse simulator out there, so it should be sooooo good~
It's awesome! I'm just waiting for my exams to finish so I can give it some attention. Time just flies when playing that game since you are mostly trying not to get killed (so stealth is a must).
Old 2012-06-15, 20:26   Link #3198
Marulash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
DS: Remembered that I had been doing a playthrough of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, so I decided to get back to that. Turns out I left off halfway through the 2nd case.... not sure if I'll continue on to the other 3 games afterwards~
If you haven't, you should most definitely play the Trials and Tribulations version when you're done with Justice for All. It's really good, the last case is mind blowing!!
The Miles Edgeworth games are also pretty good, there's a few slight differences between those and the Ace Attorney ones, but they are still good.
Marulash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 21:01   Link #3199
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Don't forget Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney as well. I'm currently on the last case of Ace Attorney Investigations myself (well, it's like the fifty millionth playthrough).
Old 2012-06-15, 21:18   Link #3200
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Don't forget Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney as well. I'm currently on the last case of Ace Attorney Investigations myself (well, it's like the fifty millionth playthrough).
Though hopes are slim, I'm hoping Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (Gyakuten Kenji 2) gets localised, as I really enjoyed the first one. I'm also hoping that they release an updated iOS version of the Ace Attorney game that includes the three Phoenix Wright games (which was updated back in February this year in Japan).