AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 02:30   Link #381
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
What does any of that have to do with anything? EX was a huge script too, and there is a reason they hired normal seiyuu and are using them first/primarily. It's to prevent the problem that is now plaguing Little Busters and its use of eroge seiyuu and adapting it for other media.

If you're going to dismiss me as well, at least try to be more coherent like Klashikari.
So you're expecting them to hire a whole new set of cast members to voice the new 18+ version, when they already have the foundation laid with the existing seiyuu?

So basically you're just saying that your unsubstantiated claims are more likely than what has been announced many times over by official sources? Wow...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 16:06   Link #382
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
So you're expecting them to hire a whole new set of cast members to voice the new 18+ version, when they already have the foundation laid with the existing seiyuu?
Umm, where did I make that claim? Although to note, it's not like that has not been done a million times before for a million other titles (going both ways).

There's a lot of other ways they can approach the 18+ issue, don't be so myopic. The question is will they have to use them. And in that sense, getting a sense of the general mood outside of official statements and blind Key fanbois, it's honestly up in the air and not as straightfoward as you want to think.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 03:09   Link #383
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Umm, where did I make that claim? Although to note, it's not like that has not been done a million times before for a million other titles (going both ways).

There's a lot of other ways they can approach the 18+ issue, don't be so myopic. The question is will they have to use them. And in that sense, getting a sense of the general mood outside of official statements and blind Key fanbois, it's honestly up in the air and not as straightfoward as you want to think.
And yet, they keep saying it's going to be all-ages. If there's some spin-off, then yeah sure, why not. But Rewrite, as a VN will not be 18+. I thought that's what we were discussing. How hard is that to understand?
Old 2011-02-16, 10:56   Link #384
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
And yet, they keep saying it's going to be all-ages. If there's some spin-off, then yeah sure, why not. But Rewrite, as a VN will not be 18+. I thought that's what we were discussing. How hard is that to understand?
Who ever said anything about spin-offs?

Like I've said, there are many different ways to put 18+ content back into a non-18+ game. Releasing a separate version is not the only way to do it.

There may not be an 18+ separate version of Rewrite, that does not mean it can't get 18+ content, if Key is pressured into it. They are trying to convince people that there won't be an 18+ version because that is their original plan. But you can bet if that is going to get in the way of the game becoming successful, they will do something about it while still keeping their "word".
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:55   Link #385
kanataX3

is hard for rewrite having a eroge version man == the char are too cute haha
is very very very hard too believe that key would make a eroge version of it
kanataX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:58   Link #386
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

So close to release date, and I'm still pretty clueless as to what the game's about >_>
Old 2011-02-25, 04:11   Link #387
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
So close to release date, and I'm still pretty clueless as to what the game's about >_>
From what I've been led to believe it seems to be about psychic vampires or something of that nature.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 19:02   Link #388
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Wish I was in Japan for the release.

I was around Akiba just before the release of Kud Wafter, and that was insane. Imagine an actual BRAND NEW Key VN release!
Old 2011-02-28, 12:39   Link #389
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Just read the tagline: "Could it possibly be rewritten, that fate of her's?".

Time Travel.
Old 2011-02-28, 13:58   Link #390
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

That's all I figured. >_> Didn't know if there was more to it.
Old 2011-02-28, 14:17   Link #391
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
That's all I figured. >_> Didn't know if there was more to it.
Probably. But that's why you play the game, right?
Old 2011-02-28, 20:37   Link #392
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Time Travel.
Actually I remember the writers confirming that for once this game doesn't involve any kind of time loop phenomenon.

Ironic, considering the writing staff...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:05   Link #393
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually I remember the writers confirming that for once this game doesn't involve any kind of time loop phenomenon.

Ironic, considering the writing staff...
Maybe the ability to see the future, and try to change it, then? Not all time travel has to be a loop, even if that's the easiest way to have time travel in your VN.
Old 2011-03-01, 10:20   Link #394
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, rewriting one's fate doesn't necessarily involve time travel or even seeing future - knowing that someone has bad stuff scheduled to happen to them (said person having a curse, for example, or whatever) and trying to find a solution before said impending doom manifests for good can also be viewed as "rewriting that fate of her's" ... while the wording readily lends itself to more fancier speculations, it can also mean a simple thing, depending which way one chooses to read it.
Old 2011-03-14, 11:29   Link #395
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

I have been wondering on whether I should get Rewrite or Clannad as my next VN. Clannad at least shouldn't disappoint if it is as good as I have heard, but Rewrite also has Ryukishi07 on the team and looks like a relatively ambitious project. I do like Clannad's design better though, but lately I've been warming for Rewrite too. The "school uniforms" don't bother me too much anymore, though still a bit distracting. Clannad I could technically get anytime, but now we have the pre-orders for Limited First Edition Rewrite... And I'm kind of a sucker for Limited/Collector's Editions.

Does anyone know or assume anything about what the Rewrite First edition contains? I should probably except a fancier packaging (some cardboard case?), but I haven't been able to find info on it, not even on Rewrite's official site. If the info is there, please point me out to it. A nice poster with either the cast together or the Kotori-in-front-of-a-tree one would be possible. Those kind of things are sold separately though, so I'm not sure the same thing would be included. At least AmiAmi gives some cute cell phone straps for the pre-order. I haven't made the order yet, I hope it's not too late, they're not out of stock on AmiAmi or anything.

What have Key's other First Editions contained, if there has been such things? And what is in your opinion the probability of them releasing a better version of Rewrite anytime soon? At least the voices are already there and the graphics aren't outdated or anything.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:26   Link #396
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering first press edition in this case aren't exactly more expensive, I don't think there will be a major bonus or something.
For instance, Little Busters! EX had some Weiß Schwarz cards, an arrange Album (Onthology) and a Radio Drama CD (Natsume Brothers).
I'm not even sure if the regular edition really doesn't have anything.

So I think the extra will be roughly the same. There isn't really any reason not to buy the first press released though.
Old 2011-03-14, 12:34   Link #397
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

"Rewriting that fate of hers" seemed to me that the main character has different routes to be took with different endings with information that the player has to piece together before obtaining the "True" end.
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 15:39   Link #398
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Does anyone know or assume anything about what the Rewrite First edition contains? I should probably except a fancier packaging (some cardboard case?), but I haven't been able to find info on it, not even on Rewrite's official site. If the info is there, please point me out to it. A nice poster with either the cast together or the Kotori-in-front-of-a-tree one would be possible. Those kind of things are sold separately though, so I'm not sure the same thing would be included. At least AmiAmi gives some cute cell phone straps for the pre-order. I haven't made the order yet, I hope it's not too late, they're not out of stock on AmiAmi or anything.
According to wikipedia, the Limited Edition will contain an arrange album and a short booklet. Not sure how trustworthy this information is, though, since there's no source backing this up.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 03:08   Link #399
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

I think I'll be getting this game... I just need to know it works for me! Can someone point me to a patch or something that gets my around the Japanese OS check so I can use the Chihaya Rolling stress test, maybe with a PM? We probably need something like that for the game too when it is released. Or do majority of you have a Japanese Windows?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 04:18   Link #400
Revan21

Looks like the upcoming Dengeki magazines will focus on Rewrite too.

I'll probably regret it later, when it's eventually turned into an anime, but for now I don't really know anything about Key's new title or it's characters, so (with all the pre-orders I've already made) I'm not too tempted to get these. Nevertheless, the pillow covers look great

Dengeki G's Festivel Vol.21 comes with a dakimakura and a small trading figure, and the usual full-coloured magazine, focusing only on this title.

Spoiler for Image:

Dengeki G's Festival Comic Vol.17 also has a pillow cover and a phonebook sized manga-collection.

Spoiler for Image:

^This character will have also have a figurinne of her in the May issue of Dengeki G's Magazine

Spoiler for Image:

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel