AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-23, 11:31   Link #11521
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What are the criteria for a person to be part of a harem?
Talking about the figurative harem... anyone who fancies the guy/girl at the center of it. Of course, who does and who doesn't is usually a matter of interpretation.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:34   Link #11522
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Mikoto-V.16 shows she loves him
Here's a quote from that volume.

Quote:
The name of this feeling, Mikoto doesn't know. What kind it is sorted under, she doesn't realize yet. However, today, this day, this time, this moment, Misaka Mikoto knows.
By your reasoning, that's not love.

Quote:
Index-Says it in volume 1 (though for me teens saying I love you is so common these days)
By your reasoning, could be non-romantic.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:38   Link #11523
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Here's a quote from that volume.

By your reasoning, that's not love.

By your reasoning, could be non-romantic.
It's true that for Mikoto it doesn't say love in there. It's hard to explain it but its something thats like common knowledge.

As I said for Index, I don't feel from her that she likes him at the same level as Mikoto. Saying she loves him out of nowhere was random for me. So her being involved is meh.

They both do get jealous (act jealous) when he is with other girls though.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:41   Link #11524
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
They both do get jealous (act jealous) when he is with other girls though.
And Kanzaki gets embarrased when people say she has a crush on Touma. Similar enough.

Old 2011-06-23, 11:43   Link #11525
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
And Kanzaki gets embarrased when people say she has a crush on Touma. Similar enough.
Not really. People get embarrassed when wearing embarrassing things/doing embarrassing things.

Jealousy is much different.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:51   Link #11526
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Not really. People get embarrassed when wearing embarrassing things/doing embarrassing things.

Jealousy is much different.
True, but the question is why was she wearing/doing that embarrassing thing in the first place.

If she was the sort of person to do that kind of thing as a thank you, she wouldn't get embarrassed about it later.

In any case, what I was saying was that Kanzaki was embarrassed about people thinkig she has a crush on Touma because she does have a crush on him, similar to how Mikoto and Index get annoyed and jealous when he's with other girls because they like him.

Old 2011-06-23, 11:55   Link #11527
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
True, but the question is why was she wearing/doing that embarrassing thing in the first place.

If she was the sort of person to do that kind of thing as a thank you, she wouldn't get embarrassed about it later.
She's not but Touma stacked up the favors and she repayed him. Though Motaharu did make her cave in. It's not something she was totally willing to do.
Quote:
In any case, what I was saying was that Kanzaki was embarrassed about people thinkig she has a crush on Touma because she does have a crush on him, similar to how Mikoto and Index get annoyed and jealous when he's with other girls because they like him.
Some people do get embarrassed even if they don't like the person. Oh how wonderful elementary school was.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:57   Link #11528
leukrota

Quote:
Some people do get embarrassed even if they don't like the person. Oh how wonderful elementary school was.
Some people also get jealous even if they don't like the person, attention seekers are not uncommon.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:58   Link #11529
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Some people also get jealous even if they don't like the person, attention seekers are not uncommon.
Yeah but Mikoto and Index haven't shown to be attention seekers. Index maybe.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:00   Link #11530
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
She's not but Touma stacked up the favors and she repayed him. Though Motaharu did make her cave in. It's not something she was totally willing to do.
She's not an imbecile or something. If she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have done it at all, no matter what Tsuchimikado says. That's why This proves to me that she likes him,because she actually did it.

Quote:
I would ask what elementary school has to with an eighteen year old, but you have a point.

Old 2011-06-23, 12:06   Link #11531
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
She's not an imbecile or something. If she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have done it at all, no matter what Tsuchimikado says. That's why This proves to me that she likes him,because she actually did it.
The one part with the cosplay is just a cosplay.

So far whether or not she is a part of the harem is a matter of opinions because one thing like cosplaying isn't enough for me to think she is in his harem.

Quote:
I would ask what elementary school has to with an eighteen year old, but you have a point.
Elementary is where kids would say you like some girl/guy to piss you off.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:11   Link #11532
leukrota

Quote:
Yeah but Mikoto and Index haven't shown to be attention seekers. Index maybe.
Index case can be also a matter of interpretation... if I'm correct you like Oreimo right? Though I cannot say it for sure, Index and Touma's relationship could be like the brother-sister in that other novel... something that makes you wonder if it's sibling love or something more... Of course, Index is not "this cute."

Quote:
Now that I remember, even Tsuchimikado was surprised she actually complied.

Quote:
So far whether or not she is a part of the harem is a matter of opinions because one thing like cosplaying isn't enough for me to think she is in his harem.
This... at the end of the day, it's an opinion, not an invalid one, but an opinion.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:14   Link #11533
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Index case can be also a matter of interpretation... if I'm correct you like Oreimo right?
Its whatever now. I'm not one for incest nor did I like Kyouskes really unmanly crying in the final special because he missed his sister. Yes I have a sister who is currently gone for a month. No I don't miss her.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:19   Link #11534
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The one part with the cosplay is just a cosplay.

Ehh, to me, the fact that she did a cosplay for him in a sexy maid outfit is proof enough that she likes him

Old 2011-06-23, 12:25   Link #11535
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Are you guys seriously spending your day debating what the qualifications to be in an anime harem are?
Old 2011-06-23, 12:26   Link #11536
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Don't get me started on you and Touma in V.16
Old 2011-06-23, 12:27   Link #11537
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Don't get me started on you and Touma in V.16
There's a difference between when a person should die ten times over from body trauma and what qualifications a person has to meet before they "like" someone. Besides, that debate had the thread more alive than it had been in months.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:29   Link #11538
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Are you guys seriously spending your day debating what the qualifications to be in an anime harem are?
Well... I'm bored... so I just might... well, I might just stay reading the arguments without much interference, maybe I'll get some popcorn too.

Edit: Then again, the argument is probably over already, it's not like it's going anywhere.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:34   Link #11539
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
There's a difference between when a person should die ten times over from body trauma and what qualifications a person has to meet before they "like" someone. Besides, that debate had the thread more alive than it had been in months.
He's God deal with it.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:41   Link #11540
leukrota

Quote:
He's God deal with it.
Correction, above God.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen