Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 00:54   Link #561
Ezilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Well she did at least get jealous here with suspicion=>
about them touching each other's hands and it's not over yet.....she still might see them next episode with the kiss....she might.
If Sora would join the darker side of the coin, then so be it. If not, then color me unsurprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Considering every girl fell for Haru in the very first episode, I don't know why people are shocked how things have progressed this way. It became clear at that time he will get intimate with several of them - even hints that in the OP.
Except Kazuha-Haru's so-called intimate relationship is beyond to what I expected. If it's not a (death) flag, then I don't possibly know. Just when I thought that it'd have lots of "twincest" undertones and whatnot, my hopes were crushed TWICE in just a matter of time. Dammit, anime.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:31   Link #562
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 01:34   Link #563
darlliu

This is what someone said he saw from 2ch:

Spoiler:

I do agree that this thing is probably not gonna be School Days on a country road, so reset is definitely a possibility. it may not be the best way to handle this but given the pretty weak original story, I didn't expect a full fledged 13 episode drama either.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:37   Link #564
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
Just when I thought that it'd have lots of "twincest" undertones and whatnot, my hopes were crushed TWICE in just a matter of time. Dammit, anime.
I think that is the foundation for many people's disbelief. Several forum members have mentioned a VN, which I have not played. Even though there isn't any twincest action going on, literally, I think Sora's creepy stares do carry the twincest overtone. We are still unaware as to how far the twins actually went beyond that kissing flashback. Maybe they did go further; perhaps it ended there. Whatever the case, I think its reasonable to suspect that Sora is not prepared or willing to forget the past, whereas Haruka is looking towards establishing future relationships with other girls. We'll have to see how ugly things get.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:38   Link #565
DialUpRanger

The series starting to feel like school day kind of feel.

Obviously Sora is a little crazy in the head already and at episode one they did have some kind of intimacy. The way I see it Sora will end up with Kasugano at the end of the series. Kasugano is just dating Kazuha for some drama to keep the series going.

I am rooting for Sora till the end!

The series does have that dark evil undertone in each episode. Sora keeps spying on Kasugano...

I believe things going to unfold as the series progress and I am interested how is going to defuse... maybe with a few knives
Old 2010-10-19, 01:51   Link #566
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, so we really are stuck in the gutter route of comparing every harem anime/anime with multiple females with the hots for the male lead to School Days? The anime fandom may be taking an uglier path than I thought.....
Old 2010-10-19, 01:55   Link #567
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, so now we're stuck in the gutter route of comparing every harem anime/anime with multiple females with the hots for the male lead to School Days? The anime fandom may be taking a darker path than I thought.....
I'm totally with you there. I think I'm probably going to keep watching the show but just avoid this discussion thread to prevent me from getting an aneurysm from all the annoying-as-sin School Days comparisons. I had hoped people were past that phase a long time ago. Suffice it to say, I think the comparison does this show a huge disservice. School Days was a twisted parody of the harem/school romance genre whose goal was to be as messed up as humanly possible. That is not the point of this story in the slightest.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:57   Link #568
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlliu View Post

Spoiler:

I do agree that this thing is probably not gonna be School Days on a country road, so reset is definitely a possibility. it may not be the best way to handle this but given the pretty weak original story, I didn't expect a full fledged 13 episode drama either.
Where is the Kozue and Motoka routes..maybe even Yahiro route?
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm totally with you there. I think I'm probably going to keep watching the show but just avoid this discussion thread to prevent me from getting an aneurysm from all the annoying-as-sin School Days comparisons. I had hoped people were past that phase a long time ago. Suffice it to say, I think the comparison does this show a huge disservice. School Days was a twisted parody of the harem/school romance genre whose goal was to be as messed up as humanly possible. That is not the point of this story in the slightest.
But you don't know what the directors nor those who make this story have in plan. They can make it messed up and they did so already with countless trolling around. I am saying School days elements might be in it but not the entire idea of it at all.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 01:59   Link #569
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Where is the Kozue and Motoka routes..maybe even Yahiro route?
Motoka is being covered by the omake, and
Spoiler for Yosuga no Sora general game contents; no specifics:
As far as rumours go, I think it's interesting, but we'll see what happens.

Quote:
But you don't know what the directors nor those who make this story have in plan. They can make it messed up and they did so already with countless trolling around.
Spoiler for Game-biased insight; no specific spoilers:
Old 2010-10-19, 02:00   Link #570
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Kiss = Eventual fucking every vagina in sight is a really, really, really big stretch by any imagination.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 02:00   Link #571
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Motoka is being covered by the omake, and
Spoiler for Yosuga no Sora general contents:
As far as rumours go, I think it's interesting, but we'll see what happens.
Oh so the extra BD episodes might cover them...interesting. Well the omake kind of makes it weak as a route of Motoka...I find.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:01   Link #572
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
The sad thing is that the only real reason School Days has even a fraction of its popularity is becuse of its extremely dark endings. Otherwise it was no more than your average eroge.

Quote:
But you don't know what the directors nor those who make this story have in plan. They can make it messed up and they did so already with countless trolling around. I am saying School days elements might be in it but not the entire idea of it at all.
It's actually pretty clear where the general direction of this show is going, and it's not in the dark direction.
But in more direct response, neither do you nor any of the other School Days comparers, but let's look at plain statistics:

How many harem/eroge -> non-hentai adaptations have ever had dark endings even remotely like School Days? Especially adaptations that were based on very light-hearted eroges like Yosuga no Sora?

There's your answer. So why do you compare it to School Days when you clearly have a 99.999999999999999999999999% chance of being wrong?

And the male lead kissing a girl 3 episodes in is horrible evidence of a School Days comparison.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:07   Link #573
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
And neither do you nor any of the other School Days comparers, but let's look at plain statistics:

How many harem/eroge -> non-hentai adaptations have ever had dark endings even remotely like School Days? Especially adaptations that were based on very light-hearted eroges like Yosuga no Sora?

There's your answer.

So why do you compare it to School Days when you clearly have a 99.999999999999999999999999% chance of being wrong?
You saying Yosuga has no dark ending? Statistic wise you got me there but you still cannot deny there are certain elements of school days in there or perhaps merely hints.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:12   Link #574
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlliu View Post

Spoiler:

Coming from 2ch? 90% chance or being fake, maybe more. And selling episode 1 in all the BDs? Really?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 02:12   Link #575
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
You saying Yosuga has no dark ending? Statistic wise you got me there but you still cannot deny there are certain elements of school days in there or perhaps merely hints.
I.........can actually deny it with the full force of my life. You're comparing Haru to Makoto because he kissed one girl 3 episodes in. That has to be the most paper-thin evidence I've ever heard. It doesn't mean he can't break up with her later for legitimate reasons (or maybe she will break up with him), and it definitely doesn't mean he's going to sleep with every girl in the show.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:26   Link #576
Mairsile

I got the School Days vibe after episode 1 when I noticed how creepy Sora's gaze was. Each time she noticed one of the girls being friendly with Haruka, she gave that sinister look which read, "I'm not going to lose Haruka to you." I'm not saying it will end tragically the way School Days did. What I am saying is, if you look at the current events, the pieces are in place to suggest some rather negative outcomes will unfold. I simply can not see how Haruka will jump from girl to girl and not expect something bad to happen.

And what made School Days great wasn't just the ending. For me, it was that it dealt with the negative outcomes of relationships that are pursued for simply selfish reasons without regards to the well being of others. That's the main element that I am picking up from what has transpired thus for in Yosuga no Sora.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:43   Link #577
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
I.........can actually deny it with the full force of my life. You're comparing Haru to Makoto because he kissed one girl 3 episodes in. That has to be the most paper-thin evidence I've ever heard. It doesn't mean he can't break up with her later for legitimate reasons (or maybe she will break up with him), and it definitely doesn't mean he's going to sleep with every girl in the show.
Perhaps not but he kisses another girl he can be Makoto already since he did the same crap with Sekai. That bed scene looks mighty suggestive and I can't wait to see what happens. Also can't wait to see if he will kiss other girls and do something more with them.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:45   Link #578
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Yosuga No Sora may have a School days vibe but I think you guys will be pretty disappointed if you expect it to go like School days.

The story(from what I seen in the game) is nothing like School days,I'll leave it as that.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 02:54   Link #579
Mairsile

Quote:
Also can't wait to see if he will kiss other girls and do something more with them.
I can't wait to see how Sora will respond when she finds out that Haruka made out with Kuzuha (or worse as implied by the preview).
Old 2010-10-19, 02:54   Link #580
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Perhaps not but he kisses another girl he can be Makoto already since he did the same crap with Sekai. That bed scene looks mighty suggestive and I can't wait to see what happens. Also can't wait to see if he will kiss other girls and do something more with them.
Even if Haru kisses five different girls throughout the series (and I wouldn't put too much money on that), even simply breaking up with them for legitimate reasons would make him different from (and better than) Makoto; Makoto just slept with every girl around him behind all the others' backs. You have Haru kissing one girl, and you already expect him to make out with them all. As has been said already, you're jumping the gun. Massively.

And a suggestive bed scene. Sounds familiar.......maybe like the last two episodes with suggestive scenes that led us on?.......

You know, there was another eroge adaptation anime called H20 where everybody kept seeing signs of School Days. And feelings vibes of School Days. And there were "nice boat predictions" too.

It ended quite happily.

Seriously, the School Days fanboys and their comparing every anime in existence to School Days is disgusting. It would take me less time to count the number of animes not compared to School Days. At this rate, I'm going to be following relentlessflame's lead and not bothering with this thread anymore........

Last edited by Shinji103; 2010-10-19 at 03:05.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation