AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 03:03   Link #1
Go-lytely

Hanada Shounen Shi

I almost forgot about this show but a new ep by Lunar reminded me of how great this show is. A great mix of humor with a lot of heart.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 10:03   Link #2
Seelenfang

It's one of my favs, but the last ep, they've subbed, is from October last year, so I hope that the other eps are coming soon.
The Music is a little bit, how should I say it, the worst.
The story is just to funny, the total opposite of the six sense, I just can't stop laughing.

greetz
Seelenfang
Seelenfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 12:24   Link #3
Autumn

Yeah i was so glad when Lunar release episode 11 yesterday.

It's a very funny show. And i like all the characters, they all crack me up.
Especially ichiro with his foul mouth and bald head.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 03:40   Link #4
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Well I thought I was a lonely monky who enjoyed in secret what I call a peace of Art ^______^ weeeell this is the fan club..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelenfang
the last ep, they've subbed, is from October last year
It appens all the time. I just hope there are lots of episode and that Lunar & co. will eventualy sub them all like A-E are doing with Tenshi Na Konomaiki and lots of others, like Grappler Baki II and Kodomo No Omocha.. well that one's kinda finish now.. animesuki had up to 40 I think but its been quite a wile. I hope it dosent appen to Hanada, but if it gets to 40 I'm quite happy with it. Kodomo No Omacha his a 200+ episodes though
Old 2004-03-03, 18:37   Link #5
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Well I thought I was a lonely monky who enjoyed in secret what I call a peace of Art ^______^ weeeell this is the fan club..

It appens all the time. I just hope there are lots of episode and that Lunar & co. will eventualy sub them all like A-E are doing with Tenshi Na Konomaiki and lots of others, like Grappler Baki II and Kodomo No Omocha.. well that one's kinda finish now.. animesuki had up to 40 I think but its been quite a wile. I hope it dosent appen to Hanada, but if it gets to 40 I'm quite happy with it. Kodomo No Omacha his a 200+ episodes though
I think Omocha is only 102 eps.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 16:06   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I resurected this thread to know if AOI & A-F are going for more then 11 episodes. Lunar subbed to 11 but they seem to have put a side the serie for a while or I don't know. Anyway they released Hanada 11 a while ago, so I just pray to god AOI & A-F continue the serie further if there is more then 11 episodes to sub. ^^
Old 2004-04-25, 16:25   Link #7
BeMPe

I really hope somebody will finish this show, though I doubt a-f/AOI will pick it up again.

And I don't think this show will ever get licensed.

I don't want to watch the rest raw.
BeMPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 21:18   Link #8
lomeando

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMPe
I really hope somebody will finish this show, though I doubt a-f/AOI will pick it up again.
As I understand it (from public comments in the A-F channel), Aoi is planning to continue the series in a joint with SnF.
lomeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 15:57   Link #9
BeMPe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomeando
As I understand it (from public comments in the A-F channel), Aoi is planning to continue the series in a joint with SnF.
That would be nice.

A bit strange on the other hand cause SnF was joint with Lunar until now. Gives the series a funny mix on the groups subbing it.
BeMPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 01:32   Link #10
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMPe

And I don't think this show will ever get licensed.

I don't want to watch the rest raw.
It's sad that a show like this gets passed over for licensing. I wonder if having Backstreet Boys music makes it more expensive to license.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 02:18   Link #11
omit

hanadaAaaa

is it finished yet in japan??
omit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 04:53   Link #12
marin

JOJOS'STAR's sig has officially become offensive...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 05:43   Link #13
jedinat

I just watched the first episode after seeing a batch torrent of this floating around. I had never heard of it. It looked really interesting and I'm wating for more episodes to finish dling (slow )

The art is really wierd.. sorta old ghibli-ish but not really. The first episode was hilarious. (the holding grandpa hostage and the falling into the cesspit incidents struck me as somewhat special ) But yeah, as mentioned, too bad about the backstreet boys opening and closing music.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 11:50   Link #14
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
Hanada Shonen Shi

Yeah.

Damn. I don't have much aside from the links at the profile page.

Still I think this is a good enough series people should give this a look.

Basically its what if Crayon ShinChan was a 1950/60s country boy who after a near death experience could see ghosts and started to interact with the world as a result of it.

He lives with his widowed grandfather, his ogress of a mother, his 'fugly' elder sister, and his hard working alkie of pop.

This came out in 2002 and had 25 episodes. Ureshii has picked up where Lunar left off and is at episode 19 now. Surprised its unlicensed. Its a slice of life show with a twist to facilitate more exploration with both a beautiful and kinda lame opening. Beautiful for being in a kind of crayon style following the lead in his world with his trusty puppy. Lame as the opening song is... I'll be the Light from the Backstreet Boys.

The design, setting, and overall feel makes me think the anime is adapting or at least invoking a MUCH older story, possibly from a manga. Any insight on all of this?
Darmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 12:45   Link #15
meingts

Err I think you mean Anime-Empire and not Ureshii...

Yeah, indeed the anime series is an adaptation from the 1993 manga by Isshiki Makoto (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=6012 - interestingly there's also a live-action movie out based on the series).
meingts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 22:39   Link #16
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
Man, comparing the character designs from HSS to Piano no Mori its making me rethink whether it was just paranoid delusion that anime/manga went drunk on Bishonen-esque leaning art design.

Anyways, thank you for the corrections. I can find a picture of the movie poster but not a DL of the movie, there are no signs it is licensed, where could I see it?
Darmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 20:35   Link #17
Knuckles

Well this show is finally over and it was worth the wait. One of the best drama/comedy I have ever seen, and I have seen hundreds of shows. The final 4 episodes were especially good, I won't spoil it, see it for yourself. Just don't let the Backstreet boys OP/ED turn you off.
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 21:59   Link #18
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Watchin' Episode 6 right now. This anime is pretty awesome! xD

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 20:02   Link #19
Skyy-infusions
Symmetry is my art.

This series is interesting in it's own way and funny, but I have to agree with some of you, why does the OP and ED have to be Backstreet Boys? It's kind of corny. Is BSB the original OP and ED of this anime? I find it hard to believe, but other than that the anime is alright.
Skyy-infusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 06:56   Link #20
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Wow it's been a year since I last saw this show.

When I saw that A-E made a batch torrent for the whole thing, I jumped right on it! I guess I'm like one of the only people who liked the OP & END being Backstreet Boys. xD The lyrics actually somewhat fit the series in my opinion.

Let's see...I've been marathoning this series since the first Catherine episode. I loved every minute of it. Catherine has become one of my favorite reoccurring characters...especially since she was voiced by Rica Matsumoto (and I know she voiced other supporting roles like Youhei and Jiro the dog :O.) <3

I teared up quite a lot. ;o; It was just that awesome.

Yeah, I think this series won't get licensed anytime soon which is sad. I really loved this series. This goes on my favorite animes list.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote