AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-10-17, 20:02   Link #4301
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I've been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Edition since my pre-ordered copy arrived this past Wednesday. Great game so far. The graphics are really good. I said it 3 years ago, and I'll say it again: I absolutely love this iteration of Lara Croft. She's gorgeous, and I actually kind of believe her character for a change. Now, she is an absolute tank to be able to take the kind of damage that she does and keep on truckin', but... it's all good.

I'm taking forever to do the Soviet Installation map because of the collectibles. It's stunning how wide ranging they are on this map. It reminds me of the map with the crashed B-25 in Tomb Raider, only bigger and with more stuff.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 13:48   Link #4302
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm still completely hooked on Trails of Cold Steel to the detriment of every other single game now. I've even ended up double dipping on the PS3 just to jump between it and the Vita and play more

I'm a little over 50 hours into the game and already have a price warning on Amazon so I can snatch the second game soon after release
Old 2016-10-18, 14:24   Link #4303
homohominilupus

So I just finished Bravely Second 4 days ago (took me so long,maybe because I just had to grind every character and job to max,but still it took me 20 hours less than Bravely Deafult,but in the end I spent 3 months playing both games) and am now playing Fire Emblem Fates(got myself special edition in july but now finally got chance to play it after Bravely). Currently I'm at chapter 14 of Birthright and am struggling with Paralouge 13(I probably wouldn't struggle that much If I alloved my units to die,but that's a no-go, I'm too stubborn). When I finish Fire Emblem,I'm probably gonna play Pokemon sun/moon or Persona Q ,and after that I should probably finally start playing that Xenoblade Chronicles I got with my special edition 3ds. And I'm probably also gonna buy all 3 Shantae games at some later date. Man,I just realised how big my backlog is (at least for my standards). And then there is also this thing called Real Life... just thinking about all of it makes me depressed haaa...
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 09:36   Link #4304
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Still stuck on Minecraft and Dragon Nest as my main games while dipping on some Counterstrike 1.5 and Jedi Academy Multiplayer with bots when too bored to do daily or build any projects.

Also starting to look into MMO reviews and discussions, as MMOs have been part of my hobbies aside from anime.

I could go back on playing Aura Kingdom and suffer from Aeria Games' approach to handling the game or just watch people hype on Revelation Online.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 10:25   Link #4305
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Also starting to look into MMO reviews and discussions, as MMOs have been part of my hobbies aside from anime.

I could go back on playing Aura Kingdom and suffer from Aeria Games' approach to handling the game or just watch people hype on Revelation Online.
I've been tempted to go back to ESO for the PvE since I never really beat it, story-wise (I quit within 1-2 months after the game came out lol) but I hear the game is a lot better in general with the latest Update 12. If you don't have it, it is a buy-to-play MMO though. I've also been tempted to go back to SWTOR as well to play to play the new story content, but I can't get myself to starting from scratch nor do I want to continue my current level 50 and 55's as I have forgotten where they are at PvE-wise. So weird, I have this urge to play both, but when I turn them on, I lose that urge.

Aside from that, I too am waiting for Revelation Online. It's not gonna be the best MMO, but it's gonna kill time, especially kill my MMO urge as Black Desert Online is boring now. Unfortunately, RO beta isn't for awhile with the closed beta starting next week.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 20:14   Link #4306
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Will try out RevO to see if my PC can handle it.
It reminds me of Perfect World, and it could be my second chance for it. Would be nice if there's a SEA server for better ping times.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 00:31   Link #4307
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kiiiinda stopped P5 for now, I'm torn between exploring it all and waiting till February to fully experience it. NIER Gestalt will serve as my alternative until I make up my mind.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 05:34   Link #4308
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Currently replaying Dragon Quest V on my DS. Maybe I will *finally* do a 2nd playthrough with Debora this time after my run with the "canon"-waifu Bianca is done.

I also intend to replay Brave Story (PSP). It's a rather short game but I liked it . Don't have money for a 3DS as I'm intersted in the Dragon Quest 7 (+ the future DQ 8) remake
Old 2016-10-20, 05:59   Link #4309
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ While Brave Story is promising...I've had it on hiatus for what should be 3-4 years now. If you get into it, finish it in one go, lest it remain in an unfinished list forever!
Old 2016-10-27, 16:53   Link #4310
Dextro
He Without a Title

Now that I've finished Trails of Cold Steel (and while I wait for XSeed to release the second game in europe) I've picked up Trails in the Sky back up and will try to finally finish it.
Old 2016-10-27, 23:35   Link #4311
GiantPenguin

King Of Fighters XIV and also Tricky Towers. Both are addictive!
GiantPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 20:53   Link #4312
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Rolling through Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Battlefield 1 now. For the former, I've had no hardware issues with it whatsoever, and I'm liking it; it's clashing with my time for the latter
Old 2016-11-20, 08:19   Link #4313
Jinjer

there's this new obsidian game called tyranny that came out last week, almost completely going past my radar

and, well, it's an obsidian game so the usual dark and bittersweet nakama stuff is still there but this time you're the bad guy working for the evil empire and stuff
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 05:05   Link #4314
SineMora
Wait for it...

EVE Online went Free2Play... the rest is history... cause I ended up uninstalling my other space sims, goddamnit EVE, why is it that I'm no M, I know you're hard, but yet you ate 90% of my time, made me study Orbital Physics, Ballistics, Delta V, and Economics at the same time? 10%? Split between Skyforge and other games...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 06:02   Link #4315
kathykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Alright little bobos, I thought we gamers would want to post abit about the games we're currently working on I wanted to make it an RPG thread but that could probably be too narrow a subject field. So just bold the....
Actually I just wanna to play zombie games again,
And now playing PS4
game: resident evil and Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2
kathykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 16:04   Link #4316
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm about 30 hours into Trails of Cold Steel since I received the game exactly one week ago today. The rest is just a couple of minutes of Hearthstone on my phone during lunch.
Old 2016-12-19, 20:31   Link #4317
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just beat the mainline campaign of Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm not sure if Rise of the Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider was better, but both were absolutely outstanding. I really hope that the end of the game indicates that there's a 3rd game in this reboot era on the way. I love everything about this version of Lara Croft. The stories are so intriguing. I've loved how both games, too, have elements of bygone military eras, specifically an island occupied by the Japanese in World War II and a Siberian Soviet base and mining operation.

And... I started writing this post as the credits were rolling. It's a good thing I don't skip credit reels in games, because the post-credits ending is even more interesting, though I'm a bit irked at how stupidly Lara acted right at the very end!

Anyway, I finished with a 98% sync. I am so pissed at myself for not understanding how the Challenge system worked in the Syria level right at the beginning, else I would've had 100% completion on every map in the game. I wonder if I can rectify that, as I've read there are ways to re-do certain parts of the game, or I'm screwed unless I replay the game end-to-end.

I'm stunned at how hard it was to gain XP. I barely achieved 100% on the Skills menu in Tomb Raider, just a little bit before the end. By the end of Rise of the Tomb Raider, I still had 5 skills locked and only 2 or 3 skill points, 1 or 2 of which I couldn't use because I earned them after the final Camp Fire (I had one SP saved in case I couldn't deal with the final battle and had to roll back to the final Camp Site... The saved SP would go toward the max defense skill). And it wasn't until the Lost City map that I really missed any bonus XP in combat. There were really only a handful of enemies I didn't get bonus XP on, but the enemies starting with the Lost City were a massive pain in the rear end. Of course, it wasn't until the very end of the game that I realized there was actually a pretty easy way to get bonus XP on those enemies, provided I could get the high ground on them...

I'm going to call it a night on the game for now. I may not play it again before I go on Christmas vacation, but regardless, I'll definitely be back at this game to do the DLC missions that came with the 20 Year Anniversary edition and maybe mess around with the apparent ability to re-do parts of the game in a Challenge Mode (or something like that... not sure I understood the concept).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-20, 01:28   Link #4318
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just tried out Space Hulk: Deathwing on my laptop. While the game is really good, my laptop is not strong enough to properly run it; 6.5/8 GB RAM occupied, skips around 4 frames, doesn't respond too well...shame. Guess I'll have to wait for the PS4 version to come to my hands.
Old 2016-12-20, 15:15   Link #4319
Theft
Ugandan Commando

Rust, and it's probably the most tedious game I've ever played. It also has the most toxic community I've seen to boot. And it runs poorly. It was pretty fun in its early version but the devs have kinda ruined it by making it superficially "better"
Old 2016-12-20, 16:31   Link #4320
Dextro
He Without a Title

I've finished Trails of Cold Steel 2 a couple of weekends ago and am now dividing my time between Motorsport Manager and Steins;Gate 0.