Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 05:32   Link #721
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Thanks. Speaking of fiction, there's not enough ShirxLulu which makes me sad. I always felt there was some intimate connection between the two. Shame it never came to pass.

Reading the first chapie of your fic. What's it titled anyway?
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a whole of Shirlulu-related fanwork in general, which I think is pretty sad They had such a beautiful and deep connection. I can't believe more people weren't touched and inspired by it.

Anyway, I think I'm going to call my fic "Code Geass: A World Abandoned."
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 05:36   Link #722
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Yeah, Ep 13 for Season 2 almost had me in tears, it's tragic man.

On a side note: my x-over fic will include the pairing in the foreseeable future. Aside from the action, espionage and what have you there will be some light romance as well.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 05:47   Link #723
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, Ep 13 for Season 2 almost had me in tears, it's tragic man.
Oh yeah, it totally had me in tears when I watched the dubbed version. And in case you didn't see it, here's my reaction to Shirley's death.

Quote:
On a side note: my x-over fic will include the pairing in the foreseeable future. Aside from the action, espionage and what have you there will be some light romance as well.
Hmm, perhaps I will give this fic of yours a look.
Old 2009-06-30, 05:56   Link #724
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

I thought the vid was funny.

Have you read Duality Complex yet?

I saved your fic for future reference. It was very touching.

My only concern is for Lelouch, since his ambition for
vengeance against the imperium is so strong I kinda
found it odd that he abandoned everything at the drop
of a hat. Especially since he was racking up victories
against Britannia like no tomorrow.

But then again it happened when he tried to rescue
Nunnally.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:04   Link #725
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I thought the vid was funny.

Have you read Duality Complex yet?
No I have not. What is that?

Quote:
I saved your fic for future reference. It was very touching.
My only concern is for Lelouch, since his ambition for
vengeance against the imperium is so strong I kinda
found it odd that he abandoned everything at the drop
of a hat.

But then again it happened when he tried to rescue
Nunnally.
Well, I actually based it off an ending to the Code Geass: Lost Colors game in which Lelouch accidentally geass's Shirley into forgetting about everything, rather than just him and Zero. I talked with others on the forum and eventually came across the idea of what would happen if Shirley overcame the Geass somehow. Thus this fic was born. I originally intended for it just to be a oneshot, but now it steadily evolved in my mind so now I'm making it into a long-running fanfic. So I hope you'll enjoy it.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:07   Link #726
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Indeed I will.

Duality Complex is a crossover between G1 Transformers and CG. The former will draw elements from G1 across the IDW comics and toon spectrum.

I also mixed in some tech from Splinter Cell for good measure. :P
Old 2009-06-30, 06:10   Link #727
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Indeed I will.

Duality Complex is a crossover between G1 Transformers and CG. The former will draw elements from G1 across the IDW comics and toon spectrum.

I also mixed in some tech from Splinter Cell for good measure. :P
Oh, it's your fanfic. No I haven't read it yet, but I'll try to soon.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:15   Link #728
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Cool beans. Say, do you have an account on ff.net by any chance?
Old 2009-06-30, 06:24   Link #729
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Cool beans. Say, do you have an account on ff.net by any chance?
Yep, and it's the same username as the one I use here. I plan to upload this story to ff.net after I finish the third chapter.

Anyway, maybe we should talk more about Shirley, and if we wish to continue casual conversation we should take it to the visitor message boards.

So.........can we assume that Lelouch and Shirley are doing tonsil hockey in heaven/World of C?
Old 2009-06-30, 06:40   Link #730
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

I would suspect as such lol.

I am also tinkering with the possibility of one of the TF characters interacting with Shirley in
Duality Complex (albeit in a believable fashion).
Old 2009-06-30, 06:52   Link #731
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I would suspect as such lol.

I am also tinkering with the possibility of one of the TF characters interacting with Shirley in
Duality Complex (albeit in a believable fashion).
Yep, and that's why I love it. We can at least take solace in knowing that Shirley and Lelouch are giving the good love to each other in the afterlife

Hmm, well that sounds like a good idea. And pretty reasonable if Shirley's going to be the LI.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:04   Link #732
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Umhmm. I seem to be a sucker for orange/auburn haired chicks for some reason lol.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:10   Link #733
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Umhmm. I seem to be a sucker for orange/auburn haired chicks for some reason lol.
Tell me about it, I'm crazy for Orihime. Of course, I'm also a huge fan of the innocent, pure-hearted first loves who have admired the protagonist from the beginning (Hinata e.g.)
Old 2009-06-30, 07:15   Link #734
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Tell me about it, I'm crazy for Orihime. Of course, I'm also a huge fan of the innocent, pure-hearted first loves who have admired the protagonist from the beginning (Hinata e.g.)
I second that. There's a heavy leaning towards Ichigo/Rukia and I can understand why (it's harder to beat tough chicks in the realm of romantic circles, depending on how you view it), though I never really could perceive the two in a romantic relationship (that's just me). There's a disparity in the pair's interaction in which I would see as nothing more than platonic or familial at best, and it's not just limited to the vast difference in age between the two.

As for ShirxLulu, the reason why I generally favor this pairing the most is because it's one of the few things that helps Lelouch retain any part of his humanity (aside from Nunnally of course). Although Kalulu wasn't too far off but then again it was more of senior x subordinate relationship between them with traces of intimacy in-between.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:21   Link #735
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I second that. There's a heavy leaning towards Ichigo/Rukia and I can understand why (it's harder to beat tough chicks in the realm of romantic circles, depending on how you view it), though I never really could perceive the two in a romantic relationship (that's just me). There's a disparity in the pair's interaction in which I would see as nothing more than platonic or familial at best, and it's not just limited to the vast difference in age between the two.

As for ShirxLulu, the reason why I generally favor this pairing the most is because it's one of the few things that helps Lelouch retain any part of his humanity (aside from Nunnally of course).
Seriously? I think Bleach has been really leaning towards the Ichihime idea ever since the Halcyon Days chapter. Well, I guess we'll see. But yeah, I agree the Ichiruki seems like it works better platonically. Anyway, I'll tell you what's really messed up is the recent developments in Naruto (if you follow that) Hinata confesses her love and she doesn't get jack in return! Oh well, Naruto sucks anyway.

Yeah, I think Shirley definitely brings out the best in Lelouch. No wonder that after she died he pretty much abandoned all hope for a peaceful and happy life and everything just started going downhill. I also appreciat the beauty of her unyielding love for him despite her knowing all the terrible things he's done.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:24   Link #736
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

I'm not a follower of Naruto (seems more like a DBZ copycat). But then again who am I to talk, Bleach is leaning in the same direction lol. I haven't watched any of the recent episodes save for the one where Ichi squared off against that chap (forgot his name) and rescued Orihime.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:26   Link #737
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I have to agree. My favorite chara in Bleach(in fact, it's the only one i like) is Rukia, but i think Ichirukia is more dead than the macarena. If there's romance in Bleach, it's all to ichihime.

Like Nobby i'm with Hinata ALL THE WAY in Naruto, but after the end of the pain battle, i'm starting to give up....

It's the curse of the characters that loves the main chara since the start. I already watched a thousand of series and almost every girl that likes that is kind, gentle and likes the guy even when nobody does it, doesn't get what she wants in the end...

"If i see you in my dreams" traumatized me. Bleach is going to the other way and i have to say that Kubo got some guts by doing that, even if i haaaate Orihime.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 07:44   Link #738
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I'm not a follower of Naruto (seems more like a DBZ copycat). But then again who am I to talk, Bleach is leaning in the same direction lol. I haven't watched any of the recent episodes save for the one where Ichi squared off against that chap (forgot his name) and rescued Orihime.
Have you heard about Bleach's nickname? DBZ with swords? But no, I'd say that Naruto is definitely not a copy of DBZ. If it did copy from DBZ it'd be a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I have to agree. My favorite chara in Bleach(in fact, it's the only one i like) is Rukia, but i think Ichirukia is more dead than the macarena. If there's romance in Bleach, it's all to ichihime.

Like Nobby i'm with Hinata ALL THE WAY in Naruto, but after the end of the pain battle, i'm starting to give up....

It's the curse of the characters that loves the main chara since the start. I already watched a thousand of series and almost every girl that likes that is kind, gentle and likes the guy even when nobody does it, doesn't get what she wants in the end...

"If i see you in my dreams" traumatized me. Bleach is going to the other way and i have to say that Kubo got some guts by doing that, even if i haaaate Orihime.
Yep, pretty much agree with this Kid Ying.

But can we PLEASE talk about Shirley?
Old 2009-06-30, 07:52   Link #739
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Summing up DBZ in a nutshell. Although I did like the original DB for its comedic flair, even though it's kinda cheesy. Then after a while it... got kinda stale. the rest is history.

I did post a link in the fanfic thread for Ambivalance by DreamScene. It's actually pretty good, since it
center's around Shirley's mentality in regards to Lelouch when her memories are
restored.

Another one's called Memories which I couldn't help but weep (in my mind anyway) regarding the scenario if Shirley was hypothetically still alive in R2.
Old 2009-06-30, 15:49   Link #740
Nobodyman9
Banned

As per sky's request I've moved this conversation over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Oh please. Do so. I need more penguin cloth.

Instead of bride dress, Sunrise should make an art with all the girls dressed like penguins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I think it's more likely that Kallen would be in the big, green beaver thing and C.C. would be in cheese-kun.

P.S., Kallen could also be in the grave monster costume from season 1. (I sometimes wonder if Kallen had the most costume changes in the series.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ha ha, I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing that. Major lulz-worthy.

So we've got Milly in the Penguin suit, Kallen in Beaver/Monster suit, C.C. in Cheese-Kun suit...hmm...what would Shirley dress up as?
So what do you think guys? What would Shirley dress up as?