AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-13, 11:33   Link #19341
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I love how it's all jokes on all the other LN discussion forums I basically contribute to and this one has the most debates...
Best thing is, it's not just over here.

So dropping in some tidbits of... uh, some "trusty informant" over the 2ch Kamachi thread and what the Nips say...

Spoiler for Regarding volumes 15, 19 and NT 4:

Spoiler for Popularity of characters really means a lot:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-13, 13:19   Link #19342
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post

So dropping in some tidbits of... uh, some "trusty informant" over the 2ch Kamachi thread and what the Nips say...

NT 4 is the best and that's the truth --___--

If they keep reading from vol 1 to 22 and the SS of Index and from there NT

They should know already the formula of Kamachi's romance.

IT DIDN'T EXIST IN HIS STORY!!!!!!!!!

The one that exist is romcom which is romance comedy or romance for the sake of comedy but romance...... bu buu they are just delusional people indeed. Hasn't imagine breaker smash that already? its been years since the the first volume and they are still dreaming.

NT 4 is the best and its unarguable for me that its the best NT as of yet.
Old 2012-08-13, 14:44   Link #19343
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Hm I still really loved NT 1 tho. Dat Hamazura....was so Hamazury
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-08-13, 14:56   Link #19344
desrtsku
Nympholept

I guess I'm a delusional Miko-chin fan then ...
Old 2012-08-13, 15:04   Link #19345
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

They should know already the formula of Kamachi's romance.

And I therefore conclude that ROMANCE.dll is not included in the application KAMACHI.exe, period.
Old 2012-08-13, 15:43   Link #19346
tsunade666

he tried to do romance too at simple survey look at what we got even with his spare ideas heck heavy object is a good one. Looking for so called romance

NT 1 is also good with Kamerider Hamazura and Accelerator with Worst tandem but I still like NT 4 much more.
Old 2012-08-13, 15:44   Link #19347
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:

Maybe he should do what the SAO author/illustrator are doing. Have the main on every cover with a different character with him on each volume

But nah, can't have him hogging the spotlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I love how it's all jokes on all the other LN discussion forums I basically contribute to and this one has the most debates...
Hmph, we have jokes here as well....from time to time

Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2012-08-13 at 16:00.
Old 2012-08-13, 16:17   Link #19348
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Maybe he should do what the SAO author/illustrator are doing. Have the main on every cover with a different character with him on each volume

But nah, can't have him hogging the spotlight
No, I wouldn't want Kamachi to change his style just because of what the majority causals want.

Index is a different story from SAO and that should also be projected into the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

The one that exist is romcom which is romance comedy or romance for the sake of comedy but romance...... bu buu they are just delusional people indeed. Hasn't imagine breaker smash that already? its been years since the the first volume and they are still dreaming.
But that's the whole point at being 'causal'.

Here's what I bet happened; most of them are like Kami who only read the summaries of the volumes they think wouldn't be interesting but just to keep in touch with the general story. They then heard about Mikoto in NT3's synopsis and rush to buy that volume only to not realize the style of writing that Kamachi employs... No Russian Romance.

And so... Burned.

Quote:

This is pretty much the case for any other medium, especially if it has a large fanbase.

Technically if you look at the synopsis, all it promises was Mikoto would follow Touma to Hawaii... Full stop
Old 2012-08-13, 17:58   Link #19349
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The only thing I disliked was the Touma in the NT have been the ultimate savior of Fremea, DAMN,: Hamazuraman passed by conflict, intrigue, dizzying chases in tunnels, fought in a way that John Connor would never think, why? For in the end Kamachi say "Hamazura and accelerator, you guys are good, but while there Touman, you guys will always be number 2 and 3". Moreover, it was really a good volume, but as the fourth was the best, no doubt, Kihara Kagun vs kihara Byori was one of the best fights of the series, I loved the fact that Kamachi out of his safety zone.
Old 2012-08-13, 18:31   Link #19350
Burden

I still feel like NT3 went to Hawaii just for the sake of going to Hawaii. Well, NT4 IS a damn high one in the entire series, but when compared to the other NT novels, there isn't much to compare to. Ignoring NT2 that was just a comedic recap, NT1 was a tie into the actual developing plot and I can't help but think NT3 was just a continued fanservice of NT2. ._. But who knows, if history's any indicator, it's hard to predict what will sell and what won't.
Old 2012-08-13, 19:02   Link #19351
tsunade666

NEWS FLASH

NT 1 is for Accelerator and Hamazura times to shine! a world where the hero didn't exist or died!! Kamen Rider Hamazura dealing with freshmen and even stealing his power suit just to save Fremea but in the end ........ who said Touma won't show up?

NT 2 are mostly preparation of things with major explanation about Magic and Kamachi's setting. He should have done this since the beginning and not only bit by bit of it. Which is why people make their own theories at first or even relate it to there worth knowing stories that has major magic system on it and I'm also one of those that use nasuverse as a magic system before. Though even if Kamachi reveals a bit of his magic system i still see similarities in nasu and tamni and I both love them

NT 3 is a major troll. Put worst on the team the big bully and the freshmen that I forgot her name which always been biribiri bullied by worst makes it the best in NT in troll moments and even the major ending troll is Touma ditch Mikoto in the airport

NT 4 is where Kamachi.exe put a wake up call to its fans again and that tamni is full of sh*t happenings which totally hits the fans. Kihara clan and gremlin corpse, the artificial valkyerie and valkyrie with the leader of a magic cabal and saint together. To top it all off the magic god shows up and had a battle with the one who didn't make into a magic god and the one who wants to save the world in a messed up way. A 2 vs 1 battle that still ends in a draw. The Unknown being that makes the one higher than god status of Fiamma looks like a baby was crushed easily like it doesn't even bother her. That darn cheat magic god.

But the one I love the most is grandma loli ninja, Maria the pole dancing made that I wish would make Touma her maser and also that Kihara Enshuu....... its a killer I tell you. Touma-onii-chan!!! FUND IT MAKE IT HAPPEN DARN IT KAMACHI!!!!!
Old 2012-08-13, 19:10   Link #19352
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Am I the only one that still remembers NT3 as the long awaited exposition on the United States ?
Old 2012-08-13, 19:30   Link #19353
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Am I the only one that still remembers NT3 as the long awaited exposition on the United States ?
Nobody cares about Usa anyways , it wasn't bad but having the characters running after their tail almost the whole volume because of Saronia's magic only to end with the Touma's usual way wasn't exactly exciting. Birdway's maximum trolling ending made up for that(just like at the start), I guess.
Old 2012-08-13, 19:32   Link #19354
Sumeragi
Banned

Wait, I'm delusional for liking the Mikoto content in NT3?
Old 2012-08-13, 19:37   Link #19355
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There are many things we could call delusional about you, but that's hardly one of them

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-08-13, 20:02   Link #19356
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
You're not the only one. I really enjoyed it because it was a bit humorous because of Mikoto.
Old 2012-08-13, 20:12   Link #19357
tsunade666

Quote:

Ah nope goddess but to believe of romance in tamni is just an illusion.

I also remember nt3 as Hamadurarara make a make shift gun from fire extuingisher and Accel gone mad for seeing levenia getting shot and a bro prez that wins thanks for supporting bikini wear and some other note worthy to remember but overall for its kinda weaker than 17 and 18 arx or just 15 though one will argue about setting but its US and I can't believe or like it that match than the other arc though just like what I said for me that is only the beginning of gremlin.
Old 2012-08-13, 20:12   Link #19358
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

It's just that the final battle with Touma and Saronia was pretty meh to me, Rocket Touma Punch was cool tho. However the fight with Touma and Marian was just freaking awesome

Old 2012-08-13, 21:08   Link #19359
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Is because Touma is lame... I actually liked Misaka (worst) on NT3 trolling Mikoto.
Old 2012-08-13, 21:18   Link #19360
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Countermeasures against the imagine breaker is one of the coolest of the NT, still dream of someone breaking the jaw Touma with a kick/punch, etc. The only thing that caught my attention in his fight with Saronia was the final sentence: "Sounds barbaric violence were heard" or something.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen