AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 07:48   Link #2761
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Karthus should just be banned from the league permanently SGS was just all over the place, lacked coordination compared to SAJ and despite their extreme composition and playstyle (smiteless jungler and Nunu with smite), they got a grand total of 0 dragons and barons. Equivocal picking up zeke's made no sense to me, since Archie was already dominating Chawie...Vlad also made some poor judgement calls, went for CDR boots and tried getting a deathcap instead of a void staff after rylai's, no wonder his team presence fell off so quickly.

Well, gratz to Saigon's team, looking forward to watching them play against even better teams.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:46   Link #2762
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Equivocal was just mind-boggling. He did a good Janna in a game not that much before the grand final. But then he just lost the plot. Utterly non-effective as Nunu in Game 2, didn't ward properly, always Level 1 boots, no significant item beyond GP10. And he always got caught out in stupid positions. TofuBoi was decent in Game 1, but he got cocky in Game 2 and QTV just schooled him on Shen. I also think TofuBoi itemised Vladimir weird - okay, Revolver makes sense, but going straight for WotA when you either needed some health or AP? He seems way too focused on early-game. Chawy going for PD in Game 2 was also a bit mind-boggling - I know that Caitlyn had a purple patch just after laning, but still needed damage...her ulti never made a difference in resulting teamfights and she was easily caught. SAJ had a lot of auras and armor going round as well as GAs and warded properly as well as timed moves for Dragon and Baron.

I think any team versing SAJ in October will straight out ban Karthus, but I think most of the teams in EU/NA do that anyway so I don't think that will change much. SAJ showed decent objective control and damage output, but whether they have an AP that can stand up to Alex Ich, Ocelote or Froggen - that's still questionable. The Gragas and Ahri players in that tourney weren't good - the APs in the big teams in EU/NA are usually the matchwinners. So, SAJ had better make sure they have backup plans because they won't get to Karthus.
Old 2012-09-09, 08:58   Link #2763
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Their main AP mid isn't Karthus anyway. The last 2 week, all I've seen is Nixwater using for his practice matches. I rarely saw him used Lux, which is a surprise today.
Old 2012-09-09, 15:57   Link #2764
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegg
A few months ago we tried an experiment of removing the Elo penalty for dodging ranked games. In general I think everyone is happy with the results, with a couple notable exceptions:

1. Some players are dodging whenever they perceive that the other team has a stronger composition, with the goal of increasing their Elo through only playing when they have an advantage.

2. There's been an increase of what I'll call "queue dodge trolling", where a player will choose their champion and/or summoner spells in an effort to upset their teammates and get someone else to dodge for them.

Due to these, it can take a frustrating amount of time to get through champion select and into a game, especially at higher Elo ratings. We feel your pain on this issue, and in fact, many Rioters play at high Elos where these behaviors are the most common.

So, where does that leave us now? We're currently evaluating long term plans for further updating the penalty in order to discourage some of the more frivolous dodging. And in the short term, we'll be analyzing all of our queue dodge data for matchmade games and issuing warnings or temporary bans to players who are abusing it excessively.

If you've dodged a few times due to the occasional troll, you don't need to worry. We will only be targeting the worst offenders, both in terms of dodging and in terms of trolling to force others to dodge. This will be happening sometime in the next week.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post29099119

Considering the amount of trolls forcing people to dodge these days, I am happy about this.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2012-09-09 at 16:23.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:16   Link #2765
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sounds good, the times when I just add "trolling" to the additional report notes have only been increasing as of late.
Old 2012-09-10, 15:24   Link #2766
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

The big problem is that they can't differentiate between people who really "trolls" or people who believe that their own team is trolling and leave...., there's are just players who don't know the "counters" to the enemy team or what champ is good to go against the enemy team in ranked~ Guess people just have to be more patience to get a good ranked game without queue dodge trolls >_>
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 00:04   Link #2767
Kafriel
Senior Guest

In yesterday's game, we had a couple of newbies so we started chatting up, like who's a good GP counter @ solo top, why people really shouldn't take clarity on pretty much anyone, who to ban and why, etc. Unfortunately I had the bad luck of losing my connection right before the game started T_T
Old 2012-09-11, 00:10   Link #2768
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I just played a ranked game today and pretty much my whole team was raging at this one single draven who were performing quite badly =w= quite harsh really, you don't see that in normal game as much, guess ranked is just all serious business =w=
Old 2012-09-11, 00:24   Link #2769
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not really, from my experience ranked is usually more player-friendly, because you dodge most trolls who don't bother getting an account to LV30, but people still want to help you improve (reminding about wards, pinging on objectives as they spawn, properly warning about ganks and how2steal enemy objectives, etc.). Of course, there are still some people who go OMGOMGOMGOMG if you lose first blood or when your team loses an early teamfight.
Old 2012-09-11, 00:26   Link #2770
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Not really, from my experience ranked is usually more player-friendly, because you dodge most trolls who don't bother getting an account to LV30, but people still want to help you improve (reminding about wards, pinging on objectives as they spawn, properly warning about ganks and how2steal enemy objectives, etc.). Of course, there are still some people who go OMGOMGOMGOMG if you lose first blood or when your team loses an early teamfight.
Really? Maybe its just my elo~ cause almost every ranked game I'm in, if the team is losing and one person do especially bad, they will just rage at him instead of giving him advices. Usually its the "/all this ___ is so bad.... I don't know what he's doing" kinda stuff
Old 2012-09-11, 00:39   Link #2771
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, some people hold a negative attitude (which you should report), worst of the kind being the "bg noob team" players. Others may just be tired of people falling for the same cheap tricks over and over again or playing 100% detrimentally to the team (e.g. Corki pushing the lane but keeping his cs at 0 on purpose, or initiating with Valkyrie and then flashing out).

My elo is average (1300~1400) so I don't really know how people of a higher elo react. Some might just dodge because they didn't get the bans they wanted.
Old 2012-09-11, 00:43   Link #2772
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Well, some people hold a negative attitude (which you should report), worst of the kind being the "bg noob team" players. Others may just be tired of people falling for the same cheap tricks over and over again or playing 100% detrimentally to the team (e.g. Corki pushing the lane but keeping his cs at 0 on purpose, or initiating with Valkyrie and then flashing out).

My elo is average (1300~1400) so I don't really know how people of a higher elo react. Some might just dodge because they didn't get the bans they wanted.
Well i went to 1500 even tho now im in 1300 and I havn't seen much of a change >_> Maybe its people in higher elo? Because once u get as high elo as them you probably already played many games, so they stop caring about wether they win or not? btw what server are u playing at?
Old 2012-09-11, 01:33   Link #2773
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's better if you find a team that you can queue together. If you are queue as pre-made team, then most of the time the one face off against you is also another team.

Well, I can't help you in this case. I stopped solo queue since about a year ago. All I know is unless you are at 1600 or higher (in SEA server. If you are in US one, then I think it's about 1700 and up), people rage at each other less since they know raging brings nothing good for the team.
Old 2012-09-11, 03:29   Link #2774
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Playing in EUNE, there's all kinds of players...usually it's potent junglers and people who don't know what zoning means at bottom lane. I've been avoiding solo Q because I can't get a team, but now I just want to get an average for me, whatever that may be.
Old 2012-09-11, 03:32   Link #2775
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Playing in EUNE, there's all kinds of players...usually it's potent junglers and people who don't know what zoning means at bottom lane. I've been avoiding solo Q because I can't get a team, but now I just want to get an average for me, whatever that may be.
Playing at NA server and been soloqing quite a lot, can't say it's fun ( in the 1300's elo right now ), games can often be frustrating because your team don't know how to counter or play at a level sufficient enough for you not to rage at them lol...often times one person is all it takes to cost you the game~ Not saying I'm a pro or anything but it's just some of the things that people do that's not understandable....
Old 2012-09-11, 17:07   Link #2776
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

There should be some kind of skilltest that one has to take before playing ranked. Lvl 30 just isnt enough. It's not ok that I have to play with 2 premade who have <10 normal games won. That's just plain facked up.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:42   Link #2777
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
<10 normal games won. How? Co-op and custom games? ARAM all the time.

Personally I find that it is pretty easy to get to 1500 rank by 25 or less games in soloQ. I haven't played in ages though.

edit: You can always duo with mid/top solo and a jungler to babysit the losing lane. By doing so, you reduces the chance of poor players and their influence quite a bit.
Old 2012-09-11, 17:42   Link #2778
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
There should be some kind of skilltest that one has to take before playing ranked. Lvl 30 just isnt enough. It's not ok that I have to play with 2 premade who have <10 normal games won. That's just plain facked up.
At least they have to own 16 champions for ranked now , before they just had to own 4-6 .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:29   Link #2779
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
<10 normal games won. How? Co-op and custom games? ARAM all the time.

Personally I find that it is pretty easy to get to 1500 rank by 25 or less games in soloQ. I haven't played in ages though.

edit: You can always duo with mid/top solo and a jungler to babysit the losing lane. By doing so, you reduces the chance of poor players and their influence quite a bit.
Im too lonely and friendless to get a guy to duo with *jokes*, but often times you find that if you somehow screw up the first couple of games in ranked, it pretty much go downhill from there~
Old 2012-09-11, 21:28   Link #2780
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Just trying to befriend any guy that you find he/she is good while playing rank, be it your teammates or your opponents. If you are not bad yourself, and are polite, then chance is they will accept your friend request and you could invite them to play later.

DuoQ actually lowers the rate of your bad game significantly.

Tags
league of legends, lol