AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 14:20   Link #1421
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*scratches head* I guess I got this impression because I had only 1 part away from the full clock
I'm pretty sure that the Nov. 13th event brings him to the same point on the dial regardless of previous rewrites, too.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:35   Link #1422
Mcfart

Yeah, the common route rewrites don't seem to affect anything except a bit of dialogue. It's weird, but it's not like those are the only meaningless choices (Let Kotori do it, Ask for Kotori's Help or Talk to Kotori) :P
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 16:44   Link #1423
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for Shizuru and Chihaya Routes:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:01   Link #1424
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's actually due to Tonokawa being quite inconsistent compared to Tanaka and Ryukishi. Even within his own scenario, it goes whacky at times...
Old 2013-02-11, 17:04   Link #1425
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Definitely getting there, good thing that you try to clear out those two first before doing the rest. If you do like Kotori's route, I'm sure you gonna at least enjoy the ride in Akane.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:28   Link #1426
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's actually due to Tonokawa being quite inconsistent compared to Tanaka and Ryukishi. Even within his own scenario, it goes whacky at times...
Spoiler for Shizuru/Chihaya routes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Definitely getting there, good thing that you try to clear out those two first before doing the rest. If you do like Kotori's route, I'm sure you gonna at least enjoy the ride in Akane.
As long as I don't get any more endings of Shizuru's level I'll keep going...I like to think that the worst has passed after playing Shizuru's route and I'll be getting smoother sailings from now on (as in...no more rage inducing endings). Let's see if I'm right or wrong.

Besides, the Common Route was so awesome for me that it alone makes the whole VN deserve a full playthrough, even after raging so much in Shuzuru's ending.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:36   Link #1427
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

You should probably play Akane's route last, FYI... Lucia's route is great, but it's not particularly relevant.
Old 2013-02-11, 17:51   Link #1428
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You should probably play Akane's route last, FYI... Lucia's route is great, but it's not particularly relevant.
Will do.
I was planning on going Kotori > Guardian > Gaia > Guardian > Gaia anyways xD
Old 2013-02-11, 17:54   Link #1429
Dirty_Harry

Quote:

Terra explain why everyone tells him that in Shizuru's route.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:27   Link #1430
Kirayuki

So, this occur to me suddenly after reading through some of Chihaya's route in HF. Anybody want to take a guess which writer is in charge of Common route ? and I mean the part where the club activities take place (or basically any group moments), not specific heroine moments. I get the feeling that Tonokawa is the one who is in charge of this.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:41   Link #1431
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
So, this occur to me suddenly after reading through some of Chihaya's route in HF. Anybody want to take a guess which writer is in charge of Common route ? and I mean the part where the club activities take place (or basically any group moments), not specific heroine moments. I get the feeling that Tonokawa is the one who is in charge of this.
Officially is Romeo Tanaka.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:57   Link #1432
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Anybody want to take a guess which writer is in charge of Common route ? and I mean the part where the club activities take place (or basically any group moments), not specific heroine moments. I get the feeling that Tonokawa is the one who is in charge of this.
IIRC Tonokawa and Romeo wrote it together.
Old 2013-02-11, 22:52   Link #1433
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Please do explain to me how it is possible to have a awesome heroine route like Chihaya's in the same VN as one such as Shizuru? How is it possible for me to love the route of a heroine I thought was boring...but hate the route of my favorite character in the VN?

This VN gives me a headache...
Spoiler for Chihaya Route Rant:

I was going to follow Kaisos' advice, play Lucia's route and leave Akane's route for last...but how is that possible after witnessing what happened to her in the Chihaya Route!?
Old 2013-02-11, 23:12   Link #1434
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Spoiler for Chihaya:
And partly because of this,
Spoiler:

It'll get worse if and when you start to notice the major inconsistencies.
Old 2013-02-11, 23:15   Link #1435
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Man...why can't they work together...and destroy the evil monster that was Shizuru's Ending?
I mean...make one epic collaborated effort!
Old 2013-02-11, 23:44   Link #1436
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

They collaborated on the common route... why there was no communication at any other point in development I have no idea.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:07   Link #1437
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Some excellent discussion here. Though I don't quite agree with the impression that the writers are out to sabotage each other. It's a collaborative effort, and they'd be pretty blind not to see these so-called "invalidations" without some justification. I prefer the simpler explanation: the progression from Common route to Terra is an ongoing story with each heroine route revealing parts of the whole thing - regardless of whichever heroine might be perceived to have gotten the worst off. After all, Kagari notwithstanding, the advertising line during the planning stages was "Can her fate be rewritten?" It might be that they intended the heroine routes to just plain suck to put across the message they wanted to convey. Some heroines are worse off, after all, we don't know what happened to that woman Kotarou remembers marrying. The slight inconsistencies can, dare I say it, be kind of easily hand-waved or explained.

Also, as regards Harvest Festa, there's nothing there that breathes new life to the original game - perhaps some character insights and a "redemption" of sorts to the villain, but it's basically Common intermixing with Moon.

EDIT: To Randrak: I don't know if I missed it but: how and why could you have read Sizuru's before Chihaya's if you don't mind me asking? Reading in that order is an interesting perspective which you've demonstrated in your posts.

Further edit: If Tonokawa had a hand in writing Common Route, I'll have to rethink my position on the man's comedy. Rewrite's Common had some of the best I've ever read in Visual Novel/ADV history.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:24   Link #1438
Mcfart

Haha, maybe not sabotage, but certainly miscommunication about some finers points aboot the plot (such as Kotarou being able to make left handed aurora in Chihaya's route). Also, I thought almost everyone would have read Shizuru's before Chihaya's route, since who wouldn't do Kotori's route first (prereq to unlock Shizuru's)
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 01:26   Link #1439
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
EDIT: To Randrak: I don't know if I missed it but: how and why could you have read Sizuru's before Chihaya's if you don't mind me asking? Reading in that order is an interesting perspective which you've demonstrated in your posts.
Simple, while playing the Common Route Shizuru instantly became my favorite heroine of the 5, I have a habit of playing my favorite heroine first in VNs. But then I found out that I had to go through the Kotori Route to unlock Shizuru's thus I did so and went on the Shizuru.
After complaining and raging over how shitty Shizuru's ending was for me (especially because she's my favorite character) I was told the Chihaya route contains some important info so I went ahead and played it.

Spoiler for Chihaya/Shizuru Routes:
Old 2013-02-12, 01:36   Link #1440
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I personally think that Chihaya and Shizuru's routes can have their order swapped for equal reasons, exactly because they are mirroring a bit their exclusive information from each route.
Although in term of balance,
Spoiler for Game structure, very minimal spoiler:

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel