AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 21:56   Link #12081
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
1. Will Suzaku beat Kallen?
Honestly, I don't know. His 'Live On' Geass seems to give him the advantage if Kallen starts to win, but then this show is made for reversals. The majority of me is thinking either way, the fight will end before it reaches it's conclusion.
The live geass is an ifty thing. It's simply all in the mind and Suzaku has found a way to turn it around to his advantage which makes him even more dangerous. However, this only comes in if the opponent has the upper hand on him. In all the fights he had with Kallen after his live geass, it never triggered (except when she was about to kill him). It just makes his determination even harder and that makes for a hardy opponent but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't appear.

Quote:
2. Will Suzaku kill Kallen?
I don't know this either. He was willing to spare Gino, and back when they were friends, Suzaku was far kinder to Kallen than he's ever been to Gino. They've had a serious fallen out, but Suzaku feels at least partially remorseful for that. Then again, with his new attitude, I'm not sure. I'd like to think that if Kallen learns about the 'promise' suggested in the Animedia conversation (which occurs to me might be the promise Lelouch made a long time ago about destroying Britannia), she will try to reason with Suzaku (or vice versa).
Even with this new attitude he still spared Gino. I do not see a reason why he would not. The hatred between Kallen and Suzaku is one-sided. If she's going to learn something it may be from Suzaku himself while they are fighting.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 21:59   Link #12082
Sports72Xtrm

Interesting. I'm interested in how it will be developed.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:01   Link #12083
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The hate may be one-sided, but Suzaku certainly isn't willing to cut her any slack as he did Gino. He was willing to shoot her without so much as a word in Turn 6, he made the effort to have her thrown in Britannian prison in Turn 11, and he was willing to drug her (a former friend, so it shows how little he thinks of their friendship). Even in 18 he's willing to blast first and then tell her to move.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:04   Link #12084
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The hate may be one-sided, but Suzaku certainly isn't willing to cut her any slack as he did Gino. He was willing to shoot her without so much as a word in Turn 6, he made the effort to have her thrown in Britannian prison in Turn 11, and he was willing to drug her (a former friend, so it shows how little he thinks of their friendship). Even in 18 he's willing to blast first and then tell her to move.
Gino wasn't much of a threat to Lancelot Albion. Guren SEITEN is a major risk. I still don't think either of them die in this battle. It's the Animedia conversation that has me thinking. I don't know who will win the battle though.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:06   Link #12085
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Gino wasn't much of a threat to Lancelot Albion. Guren SEITEN is a major risk. I still don't think either of them die in this battle. It's the Animedia conversation that has me thinking. I don't know who will win the battle though.
Still it can be disabled without killing her, and Suzaku isn't going to show her that kind of leeway. Neither will win, probably. If Kallen wins, it'll have to be simply by removing Suzaku from the fight. Otherwise he's a briquette. It's the same with Suzaku. Unless something interrupts them, these two are liable to fight to the death.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:08   Link #12086
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Still it can be disabled without killing her, and Suzaku isn't going to show her that kind of leeway. Neither will win, probably. If Kallen wins, it'll have to be simply by removing Suzaku from the fight. Otherwise he's a briquette. It's the same with Suzaku. Unless something interrupts them, these two are liable to fight to the death.
And yet both seem to be protected from death by "plot armor" quite a quandary
Old 2008-09-19, 22:09   Link #12087
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
And yet both seem to be protected from death by "plot armor" quite a quandary
Indeed it is, hence timely interruption is the most likely outcome, disappointing though such an outcome may be for determining who's a better pilot.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:09   Link #12088
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
The thing with Knighmare combat is that they do take well care of their pilots, not to mention it isn't difficult to disable knightmares, with the ejection system...

Oh wait does Lancelot have an ejection system? I know the old one didn't but the new one?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:11   Link #12089
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The thing with Knighmare combat is that they do take well care of their pilots, not to mention it isn't difficult to disable knightmares, with the ejection system...

Oh wait does Lancelot have an ejection system? I know the old one didn't but the new one?
The Guren seems to. Not so sure about the Lancelot. I wouldn't put it past Lloyd to have forgotten again. As for disabling, cutting off the arms or wings would be enough. If they can't fight or fly, there's no reason to worry.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:11   Link #12090
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Thing is Kallen is 'essential' to the plot, while Suzaku is clearly doing something in ep25 since he's in the episode summary, so neither one of them should be disabled. Further, the Animedia article suggests that Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, Gino and Anya are all in the same general area having a conversation about the 'promise,' which would (given the location of everyone at the start of the episode) almost have to be after Suzaku and Kallen's fight.

(Incidentally, anyone think the 'promise' being referred to is Lelouch's promise to destroy Britannia waaaaaaaaaaay back when he and Suzaku were kids.)
Old 2008-09-19, 22:12   Link #12091
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

One would hope that they finally got around to putting an ejection system on that thing.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:15   Link #12092
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Thing is Kallen is 'essential' to the plot, while Suzaku is clearly doing something in ep25 since he's in the episode summary, so neither one of them should be disabled. Further, the Animedia article suggests that Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, Gino and Anya are all in the same general area having a conversation about the 'promise,' which would (given the location of everyone at the start of the episode) almost have to be after Suzaku and Kallen's fight.

(Incidentally, anyone think the 'promise' being referred to is Lelouch's promise to destroy Britannia waaaaaaaaaaay back when he and Suzaku were kids.)
Being disabled wouldn't matter once Damocles was gone. Knightmares can be fixed. They can call a cease-fire or something once the Black Knights find themselves outnumbered.

I doubt the promise is that one from way back. Britannia might as well be destroyed for all that is left of it after Lelouch came in.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:15   Link #12093
Sports72Xtrm

Ejection seat wouldn't really matter since in war I don't think pilots mind murdering ejected enemy pilots. That and Lloyd doesn't care about life. Thus I assume putting in an ejection seat would be useless.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:23   Link #12094
FoxxFireArt

Quote:

The fact that Anya can tell from Kallen is in love with Lelouch from watching them does seem to imply that Kallen is being very emotional in this scene. So far Anya has never even met Kallen before. It does feel from the conversation that Kallen isn't going to let Lelouch go without some kind of answer.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:24   Link #12095
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Ejection seat wouldn't really matter since in war I don't think pilots mind murdering ejected enemy pilots. That and Lloyd doesn't care about life. Thus I assume putting in an ejection seat would be useless.
Not even Suzaku's? wasn't he telling him to run away from Guren in episode 18?
Old 2008-09-19, 22:25   Link #12096
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Not even Suzaku's? wasn't he telling him to run away from Guren in episode 18?
Because the Lancelot was going to get trashed and he knew it.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:27   Link #12097
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Because the Lancelot was going to get trashed and he knew it.
Well, that was part of it.. I would think he cares about Suzaku somewhat.. but I could be wrong

Quote:
Interesting. I'm interested in how it will be developed.
About being essential? So are we considering nothing really can be considered as such..
Old 2008-09-19, 22:32   Link #12098
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Well, that was part of it.. I would think he cares about Suzaku somewhat.. but I could be wrong
He cares about Suzaku as a part. His most telling line is in episode 18 (first season). Schneizel is about to kill Zero and Suzaku, but Lloyd's first concern is the Lancelot.

Quote:
About being essential? So are we considering nothing really can be considered as such..
What exactly could past Turn 11. The talks with Nunnally, kicking Suzaku's ass, getting pushed away not once by twice by Lelouch (for her sake)?
Old 2008-09-19, 22:32   Link #12099
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
You think she gives two shits about their friend after Stage 23 and its not like she was trying not to kill him in all their battles, in case you forgot
Dandylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:33   Link #12100
FoxxFireArt

Quote:

It is interesting that the summaries talk about Kallen and Suzaku fighting in this episode, but the preview only shows Kallen in the Guren facing down a helpless Lelouch.