AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-28, 01:02   Link #121
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
plus look at the date. September 2nd, 1916 (from episode 48 preview)

If you do some research (google it) this is when german zepplins (one or two didnt make it) went to england and bombed london.

This is a really cool twist in the storyline and damn they didnt even have a preview for 51 haha
Old 2004-09-28, 01:03   Link #122
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
So.. is next week the last episode? or does it end with 52, as in 52 is an episode.
Old 2004-09-28, 01:06   Link #123
Carrackus

i dont really know when its gonna end but the last televised epsiode on TV is 51 then next year they are coming out with 52 which is the movie.

we'll have to see next week
Old 2004-09-28, 02:24   Link #124
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Speechless I must say this before-last episode left a mark on me.

We did not only received ghastly revelations about the whole complexity of the FMA world, the functions of alchemy, and the characters, but also it makes us to question:

1. Was the Law of Conservations just a fluke and never needed in the first place?

2. Or is it a rule that we create and impose within ourselves to remind us that past and future consequences produced by our actions will strike a rebound effect upon us sooner or later?

Alchemy.
Spoiler:

Who are devils, the creators who keep on striving for power or their failed creations that rebel against them for toying with their fate?
Spoiler:

The mystery of Envy
Spoiler:

The climax has reached its peak, now's only left the last episode to tied all the loose ties:
They found the answer, but it did not lived up to the Elric's expectations.

For the final episode, will they create an answer of their own that will fill up to their expectations?

Then later on, its movie that will end the finale behind all finales in the FMA world.

Spoiler for For the final episode:
Old 2004-09-28, 02:49   Link #125
Kouji
StrykerX

Sorry if this' a litte off topic, but what's the ep title for 51?
Old 2004-09-28, 04:47   Link #126
avmoghe

Correct me if I'm wrong people, but there is NO ONE who can save Ed right?

Al can't do anything since he's in the circle itself...neither can Wrath or Rose or Gluttony.

I doubt Dante or Envy would do anything to help him. Hohenheim said he will not be coming back.

The only person who knows where Ed and Al are is Izumi.. and I doubt very much that she can do anything against three Homunculus while she is coughing up blood. (Yes I'm disregarding the Tringham brothers)

Mustang, of course, has his hands full with Pride.

I simply can see of no conceivable way to have Ed appear in the movie. I doubt there is anyone who can perform a soul transfusion at this point in time.

I am VERY worried as to how this is going to get resolved in 20 minutes.

List of things that need to be addressed.

1.) Ed, Al, Dante, etc.. in their underground city.

2.) Mustang vs. Pride... (along with an explanation of what the package thing is)

3.) Armstrong and his men holding off Hakuro's men.

4.) Archer heading over to the Fuhrer's place.

5.) Izumi, Ross, etc.. putting up a defense.

How the show can resolve each of these in 20 short minutes is beyond me.
Old 2004-09-28, 06:07   Link #127
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Regarding Pride vs Mustang, I think Selim will try to help his father thinking 'whatever' is in the safe can help him (his original eye?), but that will paralyse the Fuhrer enough for Roy to finish him off. I suppose Terminarcher might appear to spoil Roy's plans, but I can see him going up in smoke or Hawkeye sending him off. I think Roy will survive, but will be badly injured...

Selim = future movie villain?
Old 2004-09-28, 06:45   Link #128
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
but people with no alchemy power can also use automail, and even dogs can use automail. Also it still doesn't explain the neural interface part.
Yes, but have we ever seen any other automail besides Ed's change shape? Automail is just mechanical body parts, which anyone can make. Like I said, Ed is the one who turns it into a blade. Winry doesn't need to know anything about alchemy to make automail.

As for the neural interface... does it really need to be explained? It's not like it's a big mystery or anything, just kinda... something that's there.
Old 2004-09-28, 10:23   Link #129
aph

Send a message via MSN to aph
but if you follow that through, theres always alot of people who die every day from natural causes/accidents etc, and in the fma world not many alchemists (seemingly). Also Hohenheim says that they draw the sould from the past(or present?) in our world and the future too.. hard to grasp.

I didnt really understand why alchemists would be so bad to take the 'souls' from our world to use if they werent directly affecting their lives..
Old 2004-09-28, 10:49   Link #130
dark-alchemist
i prefer udon to ramen!

hmmm... if they wanna make the movie non-fma friendly, the ending most likey will be 51..or 52, if there is one.
Old 2004-09-28, 11:06   Link #131
Carrackus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I just had an interessting thought: The energy to perform alchemy are the dead people from our world... now if they are performing alchemy, are they only pulling the energy which is already there anyways, or do they have some influence to our world and are basically originating the deaths (and the wars)...
Like someone who only picks up apples which fell from a tree, or somebody who shakes the tree for the apples to fall down.

If they are the cause it may be the reason why the Führer calls the alchemists devils. If not, wouldn't it mean, that in times of peace a lot of transformations should fail.
Maybe since the worlds are Parallel (somewhat) that it is the natural order of how things work. One world fuels the power for the other to use alchemy naturally without any instigation. Hohenheim said that our world was full of death because technology was developed instead of alchemy. So it must be the normal order of things.
Old 2004-09-28, 11:36   Link #132
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
but in reality...does all of this really exist??...
Old 2004-09-28, 11:52   Link #133
Sai'sDisciple

Send a message via AIM to Sai'sDisciple
I sit me or is it just i'm the only one seeing roze in like a trance. Maybe it's because of the baby or something.

Also there's just something fishy going on im not sure or i really can say what it is now but it's more likely to deal with gluttony from some reason. I just expect some kind of twist or maybe it's just a hunch.
Old 2004-09-28, 12:13   Link #134
threepac3
Life is Relative

Older Movie version of Ed

Old 2004-09-28, 13:29   Link #135
Wali
Irate King

Everyone keeps saying new stuff which is completely wrong. They should have just read my first post and grasped everything. Here's an explanation on Envy.

Spoiler:

Now, you all seem to be forgetting about our buddies, the fake elrics (I can't remember thier real names). He was able to keep up with ed in that one fight, so I'll assume if he gave the effort he could help with this situation. Just a guess though.
Old 2004-09-28, 16:38   Link #136
OneTunaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
Correct me if I'm wrong people, but there is NO ONE who can save Ed right?

Al can't do anything since he's in the circle itself...neither can Wrath or Rose or Gluttony.

I doubt Dante or Envy would do anything to help him. Hohenheim said he will not be coming back.

The only person who knows where Ed and Al are is Izumi.. and I doubt very much that she can do anything against three Homunculus while she is coughing up blood. (Yes I'm disregarding the Tringham brothers)

Mustang, of course, has his hands full with Pride.

I simply can see of no conceivable way to have Ed appear in the movie. I doubt there is anyone who can perform a soul transfusion at this point in time.

I am VERY worried as to how this is going to get resolved in 20 minutes.

2.) Mustang vs. Pride... (along with an explanation of what the package thing is)

Well my bet is that they won't. There is a movie after the TV series ends, and I don't see the need to explain everything we saw so far in detail. It is just a matter of telling an amazing story that FMA is, I don't really mind if they never tell us about the future of black hiate hehe
Old 2004-09-28, 16:44   Link #137
OneTunaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai'sDisciple
I sit me or is it just i'm the only one seeing roze in like a trance. Maybe it's because of the baby or something.

Also there's just something fishy going on im not sure or i really can say what it is now but it's more likely to deal with gluttony from some reason. I just expect some kind of twist or maybe it's just a hunch.
I feel like Roze will have an important part to play in this last episode, she already saved ed's life twice along the series, why not a third time? Maybe she will wake up from her trance after seem ed's body on the floor covered in blood, scream and trigger some event that will make possible for Ed to come back. Well I hope so at least
Old 2004-09-28, 16:47   Link #138
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe

Yeah it seems impossible, but then look at what was covered in Ep.50:

1)What happened to Hohenheim
2)Truth behind the Gate/Alchemy
3)Who created Gluttony and for what ultimate purpose
4)Fate of Dr.Marcoh
5)Envy's true identity, how he originally died and source of hatred for Ed and Hohenheim
6)Pride's weakness
7)Roy and Hawkeye's plan to trap the Fuhrer

Have confidence

Though I have no idea how Ed with survive the chest wound unless Al does use the PS in desperation (or Ed already is a humonculus )
Old 2004-09-28, 16:58   Link #139
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
Strange, it's the first time I saw the Full metal alchemist forum at animesuki

Well I came here to find out about ep. 51 but all of you don't know much at all (it's not you're fault ).

About Edward being in the Past (400 years): I highly doubt it.
It's the other world, our reality, not the past of the FMA world. Who said Hohenheim and Dante came from "our" world? No subber so far. Hohenheim and the guy with Ed's soul talked about events which happend in the FMA world and Hohenheim stated that there is no alchemy in "our" world and that he's not able to come back. So Edward did NOT go back to the past. Damn, it's the gate to the other world, not some time machine
What else... envy.. well this was stated correct by most of you, in my opinion...

Ah yes, and Edward and his first death, it was kinda funny how he clapped his hands for some useless attempt to get away

And his second death, dear god, this looks bad. His chest is crushed and have you seen the blood? He lost about a litre of blood in a few seconds and there are still people who hope he's gonna survive this... okay, think what you want, but he's definitly dead.

Hmmm, my theory of the end: Al will get free somehow (probably izumi-san or the two brothers can somehow interfere, probably roze too.... ) and he, being the PS, will sacrifice himself for his brother to come back to life, somehow.
We don't know what the PS can do, so al finds a way probably.
Old 2004-09-28, 17:14   Link #140
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Posted by Sonhex

1)What happened to Hohenheim
Spoiler:

2)Truth behind the Gate/Alchemy
Spoiler:

Hopes that the final episode they will explain the function and existence of the gate.

3)Who created Gluttony and for what ultimate purpose
Let's just hope that the last episode answers that.

4)Fate of Dr.Marcoh
Spoiler:

5)Envy's true identity, how he originally died and source of hatred for Ed and Hohenheim
Spoiler:

6)Pride's weakness
Spoiler:

7)Roy and Hawkeye's plan to trap the Fuhrer
Spoiler:
Closed Thread