AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-20, 23:34   Link #441
xtrablu
Black Knight

I'm thinkin about startin to watch the Lucky Star anime, but since I've got a quite a few other series waiting for me, I've got a question to all who has watched this anime: Does Lucky Star have any real plot(s), if yes how much does the episodes revolve around these... and would you say this series is like an anime version of Simpsons? (w/ parodies on anime and manga instead of real life)
Old 2010-12-21, 11:31   Link #442
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrablu View Post
I'm thinkin about startin to watch the Lucky Star anime, but since I've got a quite a few other series waiting for me, I've got a question to all who has watched this anime: Does Lucky Star have any real plot(s), if yes how much does the episodes revolve around these... and would you say this series is like an anime version of Simpsons? (w/ parodies on anime and manga instead of real life)
Plot? Nah...everything revolves around the main characters and their daily life at home/school. Scenes go randomly after each other, adressing different situations and joys of life.

And the humour, well...you can find both anime parodies and life situations in there. There's a lot of stuff that makes you go "Aww, I do that too." or "This happened to me as well!", but it can get hardcore nerdy at times.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:47   Link #443
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

If you've ever hung around a group of people that consisted of a game-loving nerd, an all too serious person, a clumsy person and a very timid person in high school or any school, then you'll find it very comforting to know that this will bring back that experience for you.

The only difference is that none of us ever had pink, purple or blue hair.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:13   Link #444
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

While it doesn't have "plot", the comparison to the simpson is rather off, as something like Gintama is far more like the anime version of it than Lucky Star is .
MAL
Old 2010-12-22, 02:58   Link #445
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Vol 7 came out with her name. It's Honoka. (answered at last)

As for prediction of volume 9... Probably late 2011
=O Honoka, huh?

Also, I haven't read Vol 7 (due to me being too busy with things to be able to buy it), but...
Spoiler:

(Heard it from someone)

Also, somebody posted this...
http://jakesanimeblog.wordpress.com/...nime-season-2/
It's just a rumor though...the question is how possible is it?

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2010-12-24 at 09:03.
Old 2011-02-10, 17:20   Link #446
Oblivion

This is probably very late but what age do you think the girls really look as? I know they're in high school but still the way they are drawn, they look rather young like elementary schoool kids.

Last edited by Oblivion; 2011-02-10 at 19:36.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:31   Link #447
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
This is probably very late but what age do you think the girls really look as? I know they're in high but still the way they are drawn, they look rather young like elementary schoool kids.
I really should had saved it but I saw a picture on Raki Suta imagine board of the four girls drawn like real high school people but they wearing light gothic and new wave clothes. I wish there was more pixs like that of them and also some of them which look just as real but instead has them looking like the kid age that they are supposed look like in the anime.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:24   Link #448
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
This is probably very late but what age do you think the girls really look as? I know they're in high school but still the way they are drawn, they look rather young like elementary schoool kids.
I'd say somewhere in the 13~15 range seems how they're drawn to me, ie middle school girls, I do agree they look a bit young for high school .
MAL
Old 2011-02-15, 06:15   Link #449
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

They are 16, 17 and now 18.

2nd year high school, then senior, then now in uni!
Old 2011-03-17, 17:23   Link #450
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I started watching this again and I noticed something with the seiyuus .. Is it supposed to be some kind of joke with nearly all female characters excluding the main chars being voiced by the same seiyuu ? It wouldn't bother me that much if only she didn't sound like an old hag. Indeed, her voice is good for grandmas or such but for a 15 year old girls .. just ugh. Or was LS so low budget anime that they couldn't afford to have any variety ?

Also on episode 12 and some others, there are those crazy shop clerks when Konata goes to shopping. To which anime is this a reference to or what the hell are those scenes about ?
Old 2011-03-18, 00:28   Link #451
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Last time I checked elementary kids didn't come with hips and boobs... but look at random real life pictures of Japanese high school students --- how old are they? Non-asians often have skewed guesses about asian age - they use visual cues that aren't universal . My wife is Japanese, 4'11", 95lbs, long black hair. She was carded in bars til she was in her 40s. Even now she's taken for a "kid" if she's wearing a baseball cap and overalls (and yes, she has a figure so you have to wonder what some people are "seeing").

The other thing I'll point to is "look at western comic strips" ... how old are the Peanuts characters? How old do the characters look in Zits? 15? 18? mid-20s?

If I were to characterize Lucky*Star's style, I'd call it the "cute bug look" -- the characters look like cute bugs especially in profile.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-03-24 at 09:18.
Old 2011-03-20, 23:47   Link #452
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Also too, besides drawing styles, Japanese girls are rather short in reality. Lucky star isn't that much of a stretch if it is thought about. I never though they were that young anyway, even before I watched it a lot.
Old 2011-04-17, 09:19   Link #453
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Does anyone know what's the track called that plays in the '' Anime Tenchou '' scene ? Everyone seems to be asking about in Youtube but no one knows the answer .. What bothers me is the fact that the track seems really familiar but I can't put my finger on it <.<
Old 2011-09-09, 00:17   Link #454
kuja killer

Hi there, i recently just found out about lucky star a month ago, and started watching the series for the past few weeks, 1 episode per day, and im really loving the series very very much.

I'm up to the 21st episode right now of 24, and i have a question that's seriously bugging me to death im hoping someone has an answer to.

I noticed that in many episodes, one of the 4 girls say's "and it was stinky"..or something very similiar to that with "stinky".

What exactly is the meaning of this phrase being said so many times in the series ?? Is it about a unknown person ? or something else ? I dont understand this joke and would like to know.
Old 2011-09-09, 02:39   Link #455
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I always assumed it was a weird running gag that we'd always come into their conversations in the middle of them talking aout something or someone that was "stinky". Sort of like some shows that have a running gag about that one guy you never see the face of, or the guy that never says anything, but we are told just talks on and on all the time. Or some event some characters reference several times over knowing all about it, but never explaining it, nor do we ever really see any of it.
Old 2011-09-10, 04:08   Link #456
kuja killer

Ah i see, guess that makes sense then.
But just a bummer that we dont get to ever know just what they're referring to...or to who to be precise. I just watched episode 22 and 23 yesterday/today now for my very first time, and it was repeated once again in both eps about "xxx is stinky". heh

Ah well.
Old 2011-09-14, 21:52   Link #457
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, running gag... you're left to speculate just what it was that was stinky...
Old 2011-09-21, 15:53   Link #458
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

They said something was "stinky" in like 4 or 5 episodes. It was always right at the start of a cutscene and then they changed the subject .

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-09-21, 16:29   Link #459
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuja killer View Post
Hi there, i recently just found out about lucky star a month ago, and started watching the series for the past few weeks, 1 episode per day, and im really loving the series very very much.

I'm up to the 21st episode right now of 24, and i have a question that's seriously bugging me to death im hoping someone has an answer to.

I noticed that in many episodes, one of the 4 girls say's "and it was stinky"..or something very similiar to that with "stinky".

What exactly is the meaning of this phrase being said so many times in the series ?? Is it about a unknown person ? or something else ? I dont understand this joke and would like to know.
Not all that sure, just a guess, but could it have to do with that Lucky Star director who was fired? If there aren't any "stinky" quotes in any of the episodes he did, it might be a personal (B.O.) or attitude reference since he left.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:58   Link #460
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Not all that sure, just a guess, but could it have to do with that Lucky Star director who was fired? If there aren't any "stinky" quotes in any of the episodes he did, it might be a personal (B.O.) or attitude reference since he left.
Woah, that's a pretty nasty take on it.

I don't think that the staff would take that low of a pot shot at him; that's just bad character, would lower their reputations in the Japanese animation scene. Gonna be hard to find new employment with stuff like that on their records
Closed Thread