AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 07:50   Link #241
Sourdough

One cour? The fuck, man.
Sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 08:00   Link #242
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really don't know how they can start off a very long prologue with twelve episodes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 08:40   Link #243
LordEmbok

Aria is another example of 1->2 and Nanoha is 1->1->2, so it can be done. It's just not very likely.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 11:43   Link #244
Kunagisa

Haha, let's slow down a bit.

Though like Katapan said, we shouldn't expect more than 2-cour at this point, or better yet just assume 1 cour so anything extra will come as a nice "surprise". The previous link I think should be pretty reliable given the guy said it's confirmed with tvk, but obviously nothing's 100%. I'm actually not too bothered by the news because if they stick pretty close to the novel, it should be a decent adaptation, which is all I want really.

I mean if they're putting in all these VA talents and all the extra promotions (info came out as early as around the time of P4, ShanaIII, and F/Z which all are 2-cour), this would be a really high quality one cour or there might be more after. We probably shouldn't instantly just shut this down just because the length didn't meet our expectation (afterall, the massive boobsmaterials are what probably hooked you guys in the first place).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 20:27   Link #245
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm actually not too bothered by the news because if they stick pretty close to the novel, it should be a decent adaptation, which is all I want really.
That actually requires us to have fair knowledge about the setting and the like before watching, doesn't it?
Old 2011-08-22, 20:29   Link #246
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I'm pretty sure they'll cover that in the anime...the first 3 volumes are a prologue anyway.
Old 2011-08-22, 21:06   Link #247
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I'm pretty sure they'll cover that in the anime...the first 3 volumes are a prologue anyway.
Seriously? You mean these 3 gigantic volumes are just prologue?
Old 2011-08-22, 21:15   Link #248
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's what they say.
The author's got dedication.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 21:27   Link #249
Asuras
Dictadere~!

And a shit-ton of imagination.
Old 2011-08-22, 21:37   Link #250
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I hope being 1 cour isn't true.

And wasn't Owari no Chronicle's prologue very, very, very long too?
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 21:42   Link #251
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Both were written by the same author, so I'd imagine it to be similarly lengthy. I have heard that it is pretty long.

1 cour sounds like it's trying to condense way too much. I hope it isn't going to be 1 cour as well.
Old 2011-08-22, 21:56   Link #252
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Both were written by the same author, so I'd imagine it to be similarly lengthy. I have heard that it is pretty long.

1 cour sounds like it's trying to condense way too much. I hope it isn't going to be 1 cour as well.
I think you guys are misunderstanding. This is a confirmed split cour, so we'll get a second season in Spring.
Old 2011-08-22, 22:27   Link #253
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Oooohhh. So then why don't they just make it 24 episodes? :\

They want a break in between?
Old 2011-08-23, 03:48   Link #254
Allen
メインヒロイン

I was like "WTH!?" after reading that the first season would be only one cour, but it makes sense. 1300 pages in a cour (first season) is acceptable. If it turns better than KamiMemo or ItsuTen adaptation it's fine =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Oooohhh. So then why don't they just make it 24 episodes? :\

They want a break in between?
I was thinking of how they would make a cliffhanger of the second volume, but there isn't a good place to stop and to make fans wait for a year for the sequel. That's probably why they are doing this way (one cour/two cour).
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 05:26   Link #255
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I was like "WTH!?" after reading that the first season would be only one cour, but it makes sense. 1300 pages in a cour (first season) is acceptable. If it turns better than KamiMemo or ItsuTen adaptation it's fine =P

I was thinking of how they would make a cliffhanger of the second volume, but there isn't a good place to stop and to make fans wait for a year for the sequel. That's probably why they are doing this way (one cour/two cour).
hahaha. I don't think Sunrise will fail that much.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 07:52   Link #256
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Haha, let's slow down a bit.

Though like Katapan said, we shouldn't expect more than 2-cour at this point, or better yet just assume 1 cour so anything extra will come as a nice "surprise". The previous link I think should be pretty reliable given the guy said it's confirmed with tvk, but obviously nothing's 100%. I'm actually not too bothered by the news because if they stick pretty close to the novel, it should be a decent adaptation, which is all I want really.

I mean if they're putting in all these VA talents and all the extra promotions (info came out as early as around the time of P4, ShanaIII, and F/Z which all are 2-cour), this would be a really high quality one cour or there might be more after. We probably shouldn't instantly just shut this down just because the length didn't meet our expectation (afterall, the massive boobsmaterials are what probably hooked you guys in the first place).
well honestly I'm more interested with MC's design because of his nickname and face expression in trailers or scans than the boobs. somehow, I saw his face looks funny and kawaii..?

and seeing the novel thickness I'm hoping for a longer anime series.. that's why I feel dissapointed when I know it's only 1 cour yesterday.
but fortunately it's only for the 1st volume (and it's sound fitting 1 cour for 1st volume) + split cour, so no complaint from me now.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 08:59   Link #257
tsunade666

split cour? but the prologue is 3 volumes. If it's only a split cour then it would only take up to vol 2 which is unlikely for me giving it's sunrise with their budget pack planned work.
Old 2011-08-24, 23:05   Link #258
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

http://www.moetron.com/2011/08/13/fa...ime-listing-2/

it's also listed as 1 cour anime (12 episodes) here

I think we should give up expecting more episodes

well, at least we know that there is 2nd season for this anime

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-08-25 at 08:12.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 03:10   Link #259
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

PV2 with additional? scenes

debut on October 1

Quote:
Looks like there are two ending themes (unconfirmed titles), Side Horizon by Ceui and Sde Ariadust by UR@N Link/Link
the title is now confirmed as:

Ceui's "Stardust Melodia" and AiRI's "Pieces."

(source : ANN)

===

is that a...carrot?
Old 2011-08-28, 07:47   Link #260
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post

I don't think it was. 1st G was in volume 1, and 2nd G was in volume 2 but ... haven't read beyond that. Though from the length of the rest, those two were the easier Gs I suppose and ... I'm probably just talking to myself about this hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
PV2 with additional? scenes

Yup that looks like a carrot to me.

I also think it's awesome that MBS is the first one to air for each episode (Oct 1st! Everyone mark your calendar hahaha), though since it's on a "Saturday" I might have to stay up really late on my Friday night then ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise