AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 09:14   Link #1681
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Of particular note is that Keiichi Arawi, the mangaka wrote this final episode himself, and I think he just wanted to thank the audience for watching, hence this sentimental affair.
Whoah.. I never really caught that one.

Well with how open the closure for this season is, I will wait and hope for an S2.
Spoiler for Though....:
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 09:45   Link #1682
inisipis

It ends full circle with a scene much like the first sequence of Eps. 1. Nothing fancy or totally outrageous, just your ordinary life story, as it should be.

Until they make a special OVA or a second season, it's Adiós for now Nichijou, It was really fun.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 09:55   Link #1683
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Not the final episode I was expecting, but it doesn't matter, the series as a whole was absolutely fantastic, I will miss it more than any anime I've watched in a long time.

I would kill for a second season.

anyways, 9/10, thanks for the ride!
Old 2011-09-25, 13:04   Link #1684
broken270
Defying gravity

Thank you, Nichijou. Thank you, Kyoani. This was a fun ride to be in. While I do admit ep 25 was better, ep 26 really summed everything up on why the title is what it is. Bringing everything back together to the beginning. I liked how they brought back the rock-paper-scissor moment. I thought it was all but forgotten. This will not be forgotten for a while. I am waiting for your next work, Kyoani.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:28   Link #1685
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Wait, does that mean The Principal is related to The Professor in someway?
I think the Professor is the principal

lol @ sakamoto lamenting his life
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:50   Link #1686
Forsaken_Infinity

That felt more like an epilogue than an ending but in all honesty, it was the best possible way to wrap this up.

Very simple stuff that would touch anybody who followed the absurdity thus far.

I am really looking forward to next work from Kyoani. I hope they go in with as much sincerity and vigor as they did here.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:52   Link #1687
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nano! (2 years old)
So Yuuko is good luck for other people, but the universe's punching bag? Interesting.

Also we get Sakamoto-san's first human given name. Poor, inept, and clumbsy, Nakamura-sensei (so cute when she's not being diabolically inept or strictly teacher).

Rock, Paper, Scissors adding in Sakamoto-san was really funny for some reason.

(Melon breaking was also ridiculous and over the top)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-09-25 at 15:10.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 17:00   Link #1688
Ushima

could someone help me please!! im looking for a pic of the poster that's in Nano's house. The poster with the dead shark and it says "same same"

i want to make a shirt out of that pic please help!!! XD
Old 2011-09-25, 18:40   Link #1689
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It was actually a very good ending. I was thoughtfully amused, and it reminds us that Nichijou's essence, beyond the ultra wacky scene we can find each episode, lies in the small chuckles the show gives us throughout its 20 minutes. Excellent.

---

Wow, and for once it was Yukko lucky day. Which means that anyone around her gets tons of good luck, but not her
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:45   Link #1690
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

WAHHH NIchijou is over

I really enjoyed this past 26 weeks of pure comedy, this show was so epically funny and almost replaced "Azumanga Daioh" as my favorite~ I hope there enough story in the manga for 2nd season~
Old 2011-09-25, 19:13   Link #1691
winhlp32
(Ź‿Ź)

Review:

Animation:
The simple character designs allowed Kyoani to animate some of the most fluid, crisp and dynamic movements to grace TV animation without having to worry about shadows and lighting effects unlike in say, Haruhi's action sequences. Rarely does a pure comedy get animation quite like this.

Direction:
I thought at times the staff of Nichijou were overly obsessed with being stylish, that they forget to pace the episode properly. The segments that show the same background over the course of a day was thoughtful, but also a real tempo killer. Nichijou doesn't have a plot to mull over during the quieter moments, so sometimes I would be thinking, "just get to the next skit already". I say this, but I really liked Kotoba-Oneesan's "short thoughts" section. I thought her psuedo-profound ramblings were genius.

Otherwise this series really was a Kyoani wonderland, they experiment with various peculiar shots, and really messes with the color palette and the camera size and angles. They also went to town with the different animation styles, with the more angular character designs during action scenes, superflat, along with psychedelic coloring and lineart, especially in that Hellvetica Standard skit. Almost everything was interesting to watch, from the eye-catches to the cute little segments with the animals or the Nano Hakase dancing. All the little stuff come together and really made this series full of life and joy.

Music:
Yuuji Nomi's orchestra was most of the time light and fluffy with the strings and flute. A wonderful contrast with the dramatic tracks that are piano-influenced. The disney-esque music gave it a sense of professionalism and really took this show to a level higher than others. Music direction was most of the times great, and while little problems did occur, it did not impede my enjoyment of the skits.

Content:
Hipster.

Characters:
A memorable ensemble cast defined mostly by their quirks rather than any sort of actual personality, which reminds me of the Simpsons. Among my favorites were Sakurai-sensei, Fe-chan, Mihoshi, the principal, Ogi, Gentleman(seriously, that's his name), and the two dogs. The main cast however, got a lot more development than I expected them to. For me, Yukko and Nano was the star. Both take a lot crap from life, but still remains absolutely adorable.

Overall:
In an age were anime comedies are written around a gimmick, Nichijou stands out for having no gimmicks. Just a spectacular observation and delivery of the "ordinary life" in the most chaotic manner possible, making this show for me so far the comedy of the year. 9/10
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 00:10   Link #1692
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What started out as a troll (the slow paced OVA) and then "Lucky Star on Crack" ends up as Azumanga Daioh on KyoAni (as in remake Azumanga Daioh with KyoAni animation, you get Nichijou quality with the same level of humor).
Does it top Azumanga? That is a hard question after about ten years. Is it even meant to do so? No it wasn't, since it was mostly comedy, but yet is does in places. Nichijou has more moments than Azumanga does, and more characters for sure.
No one in Nichijou out cutes Chiyo-chan.
Tomo is more annoying than anyone in Nichijou even though Yuuko does carry the touch for hyper.
No one in Nichijou is drawn in a sexy fashion, so there is no chance to compare anyone there with Sakaki or Yomi's bodies (or the teachers for that matter), though Sakurai-sensei pegs the sexy-cute meter.
And while no one is quite as funny as Osaka, the weirdness of Nichijou equals or surpasses her weirdness. It is almost like Nichijou is Osaka's imagination.

However, Nichijou gives us Nano, Mai, Mio, Sakamoto, Yuuko, and the Professor. At the start they seem like they would fit as Azumanga types...but in the end...they are their own types and make this show their show. The voice work makes it even more amazing, especially from Mio and Yuuko. They have a good range within their characters. And they have been given dramatic animations to go with these ranges.

So is Nichijou better than Azumanga Daioh? Maybe. When I watched Azumanga I had to stop about two-thirds into is because I got tired. I pickup up the rest the next time around. I don't think that would happen with Nichijou because I would be too busy laughing to get tired. But Azumanga was slice of life first, comedy second. There always was a sort of plot progression in Azumanga that took the girls and their teachers through three years of high school in a diliberate fashion. There is a beginning and an ending. Nichijou is a comedy first, and mostly. Slice of life come a bit after that. It was first just a sketch comedy that get a story later on....so it was meant to be funny and funny alone...at first. But when it got to the slice of life parts, it does it very well with the various little plots going around. It works.

Would I watch one over the other? Depends on mood. That and I still have a thing for Yomi due to her voice. And Osaka is still reall silly. But Nichijou is a very funny show. There is I think only one anime comedy I would still call better because of its timing, use of sound effects, and the silliness of it in total....FMP? Fumoffu....oddly another KyoAni project (in with several other studios as well).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-09-26 at 00:20.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 02:36   Link #1693
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I hope there enough story in the manga for 2nd season~
At the moment, i think, they burnt up everything besides the last four chapter from shonen ace and another four chapters in 4koma nano ace. The pretty much used up everything from the manga and added new twists to it, like i don't think it was ever indicated that sakomoto was nakamura's cat iirc, but that change alone opens up new possibles for sketches.
If Arawi Keiichi pens the rough scripts or even storyboard for another series, with original stories, i wouldn't mind, but if KyoAni or Kadokawa wants to to it solo, i rather not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 04:13   Link #1694
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
At the moment, i think, they burnt up everything besides the last four chapter from shonen ace and another four chapters in 4koma nano ace. The pretty much used up everything from the manga and added new twists to it, like i don't think it was ever indicated that sakomoto was nakamura's cat iirc, but that change alone opens up new possibles for sketches.
If Arawi Keiichi pens the rough scripts or even storyboard for another series, with original stories, i wouldn't mind, but if KyoAni or Kadokawa wants to to it solo, i rather not.
We need to get Arawi Keiichi high and place in solitary for few weeks, to come up with new jokes

A while back, before this series aired, posters at MAL bashed KyoAni for adapting "Nichijou" first and saying how bad this series was, when (assuming) they haven't read it yet and they wanted the company to adapt "Little Busters!" first. I guess they can suck on it now, because this show is very awesome.

No idea about "Little Busters!" yet, its on my "Plan to Read" list.
Old 2011-09-26, 05:26   Link #1695
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
(Melon breaking was also ridiculous and over the top)
That was a pumpkin
Old 2011-09-26, 05:31   Link #1696
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
A while back, before this series aired, posters at MAL bashed KyoAni for adapting "Nichijou" first and saying how bad this series was, when (assuming) they haven't read it yet and they wanted the company to adapt "Little Busters!" first. I guess they can suck on it now, because this show is very awesome.

No idea about "Little Busters!" yet, its on my "Plan to Read" list.
To be honest, i have been watching fansubs since the 90s and never heard of MAL, so i have not idea who or how big they are. Little Busters is a VN, IIRC, or even an eroge, and those kind of series really only appeals to a certain type of "audience". If you look at KyoAni's track record you can find Air, Kanon and Clannad, you can see why some groups want them to handle another VN adaptation, especially little busters, because it is also another IP owned by Key.

I think KyoAni did the right thing in adapting titles like FMP!, K-ON! and Nichijou. Titles like little busters are already established and have a hard core following, a wrong move and you get crucified by the ghouls, i mean otaku. Besides I really hate VN/eroge adaptations, I mean really really hate them, no seriously hate them, every time i see one, I want to smash my screen.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 05:48   Link #1697
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
To be honest, i have been watching fansubs since the 90s and never heard of MAL, so i have not idea who or how big they are. Little Busters is a VN, IIRC, or even an eroge, and those kind of series really only appeals to a certain type of "audience". If you look at KyoAni's track record you can find Air, Kanon and Clannad, you can see why some groups want them to handle another VN adaptation, especially little busters, because it is also another IP owned by Key.

I think KyoAni did the right thing in adapting titles like FMP!, K-ON! and Nichijou. Titles like little busters are already established and have a hard core following, a wrong move and you get crucified by the ghouls, i mean otaku. Besides I really hate VN/eroge adaptations, I mean really really hate them, no seriously hate them, every time i see one, I want to smash my screen.
MyAnimeList isn't entirely the biggest thing around or anything but it isn't that small either. And it does seem to be getting more and more popular, especially with "newer" anime audience outside Japan.

I agree with you on the rest.
Old 2011-09-26, 06:46   Link #1698
rulfo

Nichijou AMV.

Knowing who did the particular skits would be nice. Awaiting and hoping for Genga books to reveal who's responsible for some of those cuts.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 09:55   Link #1699
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I love the tiger roar during the pumpkin scene. made me watch a dozen times.
Old 2011-09-28, 19:09   Link #1700
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Now that it is over, I wonder how the individual skit will do on their own as they get passed around the internet?

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life