AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-01-07, 17:44   Link #1
PartyOverHere
Time To Party

hard drive problems

Hey guys, I'm having problems with my hd and i can't figure out wut it is. I got this 200gig western digital harddrive a couple months ago and it seemed to work fine. All I used it for was to store data like anime. So one day I decided to watch some of my animes i dled before like fumoffu. However, when i double click it, media player tells me it can't play it. Funny thing is, i watched them before on my computer and i haven't installed any new codecs or anything since. This is getting really frusterating because i had to redownload some of my files. I defraged it and i ran a scandisk. oh also this hd wasn't actually in my computer. I have a laptop so i put it in my brother's computer which is on a network in my house. I hope someone can help me with the limited info i've given.

thanks
PartyOverHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 18:40   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Why don't you try to remove all your codecs and reinstall the current ones from the media configuration guide? It's a secure way to understand if your problem are the codecs or the HDD.

After that remember that external HDDs takes a LOTS of time to allocate files, maybe you mistook the aloocation with the actual download? >_>;
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 17:03   Link #3
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

It's not saying anything like "Class Not Registered" is it? If that's the case then you've somehow lost some of the file.
Old 2004-01-12, 17:53   Link #4
PartyOverHere
Time To Party

I dont' think it says that. Where would it normally say that?
Old 2004-01-12, 19:46   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

When you open the file in Windows Media Player, "Class Not Registered" will pop up. For me this means the file never completed it's downloading phase.

You may get some Media Player "Illegal Operation" errors when trying to play stuff as well. This kept, and keeps happening to me ever since I installed ffdshow or whatever onto my comp. My solution is to keep trying to open the file until it plays.
Old 2004-01-16, 01:26   Link #6
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
yeah, it would be really helpful to know the error WMP gives, cause it could be a whole slew of differnt things
oh..and dont use the nimo pack...it kinda sucks and conflicts, hard to upgrade too
just install the stuff manually
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 03:10   Link #7
PartyOverHere
Time To Party

It says the error is unknown and microsoft's website doesn't have any info in it either. yea i'm not using nimo, it caused alot of problems so i got rid of that long time ago.