AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-01-07, 14:42   Link #1
CC Ricers
Governating the peasants

Checking mIRC downloads

I'm kinda new to using IRC for downloads, though I know all the basic commands already. My problem is I don't know when a download is confirmed since I haven't successfully completed a download in IRC. But if I get as far as getting the file I want and putting it on the queue list, I can assume I've done everthing right so far.

So I had my file on queue and every so often type 'queues' to see where I am and eventually I go down to #2 on the list. I left mIRC running overnight and the channel open so it co go on with the rest. Next day in the morning, I find out that I'm no longer on the queue list but I can't find my file either. It's not in the mIRC Downloads folder. What should I do?
CC Ricers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 16:04   Link #2
pantsu
station!!

try and look for errors that are given..whether it is in the status window or the channel window. Most fserves, xdcc bots probably have a timeout for them and you don't have it so it autoaccepts the file, or you are ignoring files they are sending to them. Check your DCC Options for that or a /dccallow +nick . As for confirming your dl..mIRC will put a DL in your Channel Bar..so if it is dl'ing at the time, you should have have a little spot for it among the channels you are in. The dl box should remain open even after the dl is done or fails (i think the box will go away if you don't accept the file and the sender closes the transfer..but if there is any kind of transfer the box will stay open). So if you aren't getting a dl box, you most likely aren't configured to receieve the file in the first place from the person/bot.
pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 17:23   Link #3
CC Ricers
Governating the peasants

Thanks, that helped. I went into the DCC options and realized I was only allowing certain filetypes. Now it's working fine.
CC Ricers is offline   Reply With Quote