AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-08, 14:45   Link #341
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
The announcement you mean? Well, so far we have a new manga in the works that takes place in the Edo period and is going to be part of the Code Geass canon. No news on an anime yet, but we're still hopin'.
Edo period? How far back is that in the timeline relative to the Lelouch era? Given that it's set in the past it probably means Sunrise aren't out to troll people. I'm hoping they somehow tie up the loose threads left over from R2, namely Kallen's backstory.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:48   Link #342
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
But isn't it just so much more relatable to today's average trendy forum user to break everything down to "Oh they must be trolling us". That's clearly the reason behind anything and everything.
Especially in the CG fandom. Overreacting FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

He looks so awsome XD i wonder what role he'll have.
Yeah he looks awesome =D

I can't wait to "hear" Lelouch again Fukuyama's Lelouch voice is so good.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:52   Link #343
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Edo period? How far back is that in the timeline relative to the Lelouch era? Given that it's set in the past it probably means Sunrise aren't out to troll people. I'm hoping they somehow tie up the loose threads left over from R2, namely Kallen's backstory.
200-400 years back
Old 2009-12-08, 15:02   Link #344
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
200-400 years back
Yeah, far enough. Far enough that it shouldn't involve any of the CG characters we currently know (aside from C.C. of course). So yeah, you're kinda outta luck there buddy.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:04   Link #345
Kuroshinobu

I for one personally do not like the idea of a Suzaku look-a-like x C.C., but that's just me.

All hail the Faaaaabulous new Lelouch Shogun!
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:05   Link #346
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Edo period? How far back is that in the timeline relative to the Lelouch era?
The Edo period ran from 1603 to 1868 which translates into 1658-1923 atb, in other words somewhere between 76 and 341 years prior to the birth of Lelouch to be precise.
Old 2009-12-08, 15:24   Link #347
Lummie

2 other close-ups and a scan from the Newtype article

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:34   Link #348
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
CHRIST. I hiatus for one day and all of THIS happens? Sheesh..

Skeptical Skeptic is skeptic. This sounds exactly like Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate. I was kind of hoping that if they made another alternate universe, they'd keep it...in an alternate universe. But this is supposed to be the same universe as the anime?

And Lelouch with long hair? D; I don't know how well I can subscribe to that..
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:38   Link #349
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
One word, fabulous.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how much the entire article was translated.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 16:37   Link #350
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
One word, fabulous.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how much the entire article was translated.
Exactly

Those close-up scan of C.C. and Renya are good btw. Still waiting for the High Res scans~~
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 19:22   Link #351
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
I highly doubt anything on Kallen's background given the time period. For speculation, If anything probably an character that looks like Kallen. Given she's an major character in the series since there is two people that look like Lelouch and Suzaku. Wouldn't be surprised at all. An "Edo" period look a like Kallen who's just as deadly as the one in the original series. Also given her role in Code Geass as well. Would be quite interesting.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-12-08 at 20:49.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 19:51   Link #352
GundamFan0083

Quote:
CHRIST. I hiatus for one day and all of THIS happens? Sheesh..

Skeptical Skeptic is skeptic. This sounds exactly like Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate. I was kind of hoping that if they made another alternate universe, they'd keep it...in an alternate universe. But this is supposed to be the same universe as the anime?

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

When I read the description of this new manga the first thing that came to mind was CG: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate.

Guess we'll find out if that manga was Taniguichi's inspiration for this new one.

@SonOfHeaven: I can see a Kallen clone possibly being in this manga in the same vein as Otogi Zoshi.

Spoiler for Spoiler for Otogi Zoshi:
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 20:02   Link #353
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Code Geass producer Yoshitaka Kawaguchi revealed on the franchise's website that the new project will feature the simultaneous releases of serialized comics, music, new products under development, and visual works.
That sounds really.... nondescript.
But then again, you have to create buzz. It's all about marketing you know.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 20:55   Link #354
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
That sounds really.... nondescript.
But then again, you have to create buzz. It's all about marketing you know.
Sounds like it will be multiple manga, an anime, merchandise, the whole nine yards. Well, with all the buzz around this show, it would be crazy not to cash in.

Those character designs are obviously Suzaku/Lelouch-inspired, perhaps to draw in existing fans, but the story does not have to have anything to do with Lelouch and co, and almost definitely won't (unless it's the Otogi Zoshi concept outlined above, but IMHO they are better off with an original story). But I hope to hear Fukuyama again, voicing that long-haired guy.

If there is one negative thing about this, it's that we lose what little character development there was for C.C. by going back in time. But since she's a kickass character to begin with, I doubt anyone will really mind.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 20:55   Link #355
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

He looks so awsome XD i wonder what role he'll have.
He looks more like Xingke than Lelouch to me.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:12   Link #356
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Like I said to Narona over MSN, he looks like the impossibe lovechild of Lelouch and Xingke.
Old 2009-12-08, 22:04   Link #357
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that. x)

I don't know about the possibility of an anime, everyone. I don't think we should get our hopes up. They don't seem to be very indicative of including an anime in their project contents. You'd think that if they were planning one it would be the headline element of their redux. I suppose they could just be keeping quiet about it so it's a pleasant surprise later, but it just doesn't make sense commercially to create such a big build-up and then not release your star act. I think the manga may be it.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:18   Link #358
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Sunrise has been in the habit (just like acouple other japanese companies) of denying things right up until the moment they hit. Just because they havent announced it now, is by no means a way to indicate whether or not an anime is coming.
Old 2009-12-08, 22:18   Link #359
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well well look now it's set in past on the edo era so by look i'm guessing

1.prequal time with immortal c2 & edo era version of lelouch & suzaku lookalikes
2.time travel

so more of c2's past in edo era?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:23   Link #360
eaglei3

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that. x)

I don't know about the possibility of an anime, everyone. I don't think we should get our hopes up. They don't seem to be very indicative of including an anime in their project contents. You'd think that if they were planning one it would be the headline element of their redux. I suppose they could just be keeping quiet about it so it's a pleasant surprise later, but it just doesn't make sense commercially to create such a big build-up and then not release your star act. I think the manga may be it.
I'm pretty sure there will be something more since the translation of the articles says the project involves manga adaptations, music, goods, and video works. Manga can't include music or video works... unless they are up to something fishy with new manga technology.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha