AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-01, 11:36   Link #1061
Used Can

Thank you very much, mate.
I'm sorry if I sound bothersome, but may I ask for a more Isuwa-focused summary? I actually made that previous request because I wanted to know about her in battles. I remember reading she went a bit berserk for a while (well, maybe not berserk, but her personality changed a bit) after Tōma got killed. I also remember being told about her doing some cool tricks with her spear at an amazing speed.
Old 2009-12-01, 16:29   Link #1062
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

I can't remember every detail of the battle, but here's what I do remember:
Spoiler for vol. 16:
Old 2009-12-01, 17:09   Link #1063
Miraluka
Banned

Thanks cubicjack for that summary =D
Old 2009-12-01, 17:49   Link #1064
BlueDo

Hmm, wow.
It really took everything to defeat Aqua.

Also, Did accelerator, you know, try throwing the ground at Kihara?
Because that's basically the most useful thing he had against Touma.
Old 2009-12-01, 20:17   Link #1065
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
I can't remember every detail of the battle, but here's what I do remember:
Spoiler for vol. 16:
Thanks mate, hopefully I'll be able to read that scene one day.
Old 2009-12-02, 10:07   Link #1066
LastResolve

Quote:
Also, Did accelerator, you know, try throwing the ground at Kihara?
Because that's basically the most useful thing he had against Touma
actually accelarator could kill him with a Touch wich is why its retarded that he lost by a powerless person
Old 2009-12-02, 10:48   Link #1067
ZeroForever

accelerator should have been able to kill touma just by knowing the general area of where touma is (reverse the gravitational vectors on the area/ground he's standing on opposite the earths rotation, this would throw the entire area for a moment to speeds at around 1000 miles/hr which would make touma go from 0 to 30 km/s and instantly kill him from the G-forces placed on him body. Assuming he didn't die from natural g-forces and dispelled the area, he still would have to survive having the entire area falling down hundreds of feet off the ground.)
Old 2009-12-02, 20:13   Link #1068
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ran out of space on the first post...
Volume 19 Illustrations:

Spoiler for Volume 19:

Spoiler for volume 20:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-04-12 at 23:33.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:03   Link #1069
higoku1

Does anybody know where to find Vol 18's illustrations?
Old 2009-12-02, 22:44   Link #1070
Bordix

Thanks for the scans Seranade

I was right, those are legs man what a weird looking crutch.

and it looks like that guy's tlahuizcalpantecuhtli spear thing got repaired, huh

Quote:
Does anybody know where to find Vol 18's illustrations?
check the 1st post of this thread

Last edited by Bordix; 2009-12-02 at 22:56.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:41   Link #1071
Miraluka
Banned

Thanks for the upload Serenade_Beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post

I was right, those are legs man what a weird looking crutch.
Awaki: It can't be helped, Bordix.
Super-psycho esper with a ....mmmmm ..... weird crutch? very dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
and it looks like that guy's tlahuizcalpantecuhtli spear thing got repaired, huh
lol but still dangerous .
Old 2009-12-03, 02:36   Link #1072
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
actually accelarator could kill him with a Touch wich is why its retarded that he lost by a powerless person
He tried though, but you know, Accelerator is not physically strong, Kihara had a easy time keeping Accelerator at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
accelerator should have been able to kill touma just by knowing the general area of where touma is (reverse the gravitational vectors on the area/ground he's standing on opposite the earths rotation, this would throw the entire area for a moment to speeds at around 1000 miles/hr which would make touma go from 0 to 30 km/s and instantly kill him from the G-forces placed on him body. Assuming he didn't die from natural g-forces and dispelled the area, he still would have to survive having the entire area falling down hundreds of feet off the ground.)
This would not work, as that require applying AIM to the gravity around Touma. Imagien Breaker would automatically cancel whatever AIM that's around. So at very least, gravity within Touma's right hand's tangible reach can't be reversed.
Old 2009-12-03, 02:53   Link #1073
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
This would not work, as that require applying AIM to the gravity around Touma. Imagien Breaker would automatically cancel whatever AIM that's around. So at very least, gravity within Touma's right hand's tangible reach can't be reversed.
I thought that the hand needed to touch the source, or something phisically, to cancel it.
Old 2009-12-03, 03:01   Link #1074
Used Can

Not really, remember when Komoe was going to help Index do magic to help her? Tōma was asked to go out because his mere presence would undo the whole process.
Old 2009-12-03, 03:32   Link #1075
tsunade666

Well the thing about when komoe and index are using magic. They are using some kind of field type. Where the whole place will be the place where the magic is summoned. Its like inocentius in a way. The whole place where their is rune is the place where it can exist. And without the rune the inocentius can't remain. In a way the field where no one is continuous supporting its existance will be destroyed by imagine breaker. Just like the point that it exist that it negates the miracles of God. It should be the same where their is a field of magic. Just be existing their it will destroy the whole field or ritual. So it requires direct touch.
Old 2009-12-03, 07:32   Link #1076
LastResolve

Quote:
Kihara had a easy time keeping Accelerator at bay.
wich is why its stupid since accelarator doesnt need more than to touch a person so he can kill him or just kick a rock
Old 2009-12-03, 08:38   Link #1077
tsunade666

which is why the scientist can evade it. He exactly know how and what will accelerator do. And by it reacting on a proper way to dealt with it. His not just your average scientist to begin with. His some kind of android if you ask me. Modifying himself on the level that can take on accelerator. And also being the scientist that look over accelerators development. He basically can read his move like as clear as a,b,c. And also knowing the physical constitution of accelerator. His not well suited for fist fight and also for his current state when he first fight kihara. His been taken by surprised and even on panicked. Thinking on did they manage to copy " that bastards " ability and all, how did he even manage to hit me?. His pretty messed up their. He tries to use wind storm but its been reduced to your normal wind. And when they battle again in vol 13 his time limit is only .........

Spoiler:

Well that's all their is to it.
Old 2009-12-03, 09:48   Link #1078
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
it should work as long as he doesn't use the AIM AOE on the Touma directly, if he limits it to the dirt/floor under touma it should just pull him along as a side effect. Honestly when it comes down to it, with 'vector control' accelerator should have so many instant death moves that it's not even funny, when he can create plasma and such by wind manipulation others like manipulation of light to create lasers and such should be within his ability and would likely gib his foes instantly.
Old 2009-12-03, 18:51   Link #1079
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

I'd disagree: it's not the AOE as much as the field coming into contact with Touma's hand that matters. Similar reason for why Mikoto's railgun can be stopped (AIM field lingers), or Kuroko can't teleport him (her AIM field won't cover him entirely, and is nullified by right hand).

More importantly, Accelerator can only redirect vectors applying to himself and, by tactile extension, things he touches. (When he touches a metal bar, the pressure vector between himself and it provides the medium to change the bar's vectors.).

So while Accelerator could/should be able to redirect the vectors of gravity affecting him, he couldn't change the vectors of gravity elsewhere. Gravity is a field, and as such is a sum of the individual component vectors, not a uniform force.
Old 2009-12-04, 08:44   Link #1080
tsunade666

Accelerator can't do such massive vector change like gravity. Because if he start messing with it. It will cause other place to change also on its gravitational force. Just like what he did on the wind. Compressing it on a certain point. Makes the wind draw towards it forming a cyclone or plasma but with it. It also affects the wind on the whole city. That's why when the imouto change the direction of wind with the generators. Accelerator's calculation messed up. And even if accelerator can't change the gravity's vector he can change himself. By repelling the gravity or the ground's force making him bounce or move in an instant.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen