AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 08:40   Link #1501
Taufiq91

Oh, and my friend Rob Orme produces Dubstep and House music under the name "Submerse". he's also a hardcore otaku and has recently made a Moe song featuring Sawako-sensei!

Check it out:

http://soundcloud.com/submerse/moemoemoe

If you love some House/UK Garage music with the sooting voice Sanada Asami, well here's your lucky day.
Old 2011-01-20, 14:12   Link #1502
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
So I just wondered this.
Do you think you will still be listening to K-ON when your older?
Like from ages 25-35?
Good music has no expiration date.
Old 2011-01-20, 14:14   Link #1503
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
So I just wondered this.
Like from ages 25-35?
Given that I am close to that age now, I kind of doubt that I'll just stop listening to it randomly at some point in the future .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 05:01   Link #1504
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
So I just wondered this.
Like from ages 25-35?
Imma gonna have my kid listen to it lol <3
Show them what we listened to back in the day xD
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 05:32   Link #1505
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Hmm... I don't know for sure, but let's just say that it won't be leaving my iPod anytime soon!
Old 2011-01-21, 05:47   Link #1506
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Imma gonna have my kid listen to it lol <3
Show them what we listened to back in the day xD
That's bloody fantastic.

"Listen close; in our day we had The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Electric Light Orchestra, Supertramp, and K-ON!."

I can't wait for parenthood now. XD
Old 2011-01-21, 06:06   Link #1507
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Talking about K-ON! songs, which K-ON! song do you guys like the best?

For me, it's Cagayake! GIRLS. I never got bored listening to this song. I think it has it's own charm and listening to it somehow made me miss the 1st season well, this song is also the one that drew me to watch K-ON!.
Old 2011-01-21, 11:21   Link #1508
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Although GO! GO! MANIAC and Cagayake! GIRLS are at the top of my most played list on itunes my favorite would have to be Ichigo Parfait Ga Tomaranai with Utauyo!! MIRACLE as a close second.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 11:52   Link #1509
zette

My top three would be Tenshi ni Fureta yo!, Pure Pure Heart and NO, Thank You! in that order. Watashi no Koi wa Hotch-kiss does make a good case for third though.
Old 2011-01-21, 12:16   Link #1510
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

My top four are U&I , No , thank you , Don't say lazy and Gohan wa okazu , but I like all of their songs.
Old 2011-01-21, 21:49   Link #1511
Taufiq91

Hey guys, this week's Animix features Tsumugi Kotobuki revealing her Summer at Finland secret:

http://www.mixcloud.com/Animix/animi...undoshisutemu/

Whenever she goes to Finland on a summer holiday, it is because she is a rising Trance DJ, playing at Finland's summer festivals and opening for DJs like Sasha, Above and Beyond and Carl Cox.

If you want to hear Tsumugi's take on Trance, this is your lucky day!
Old 2011-01-22, 01:15   Link #1512
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

NO THANK YOU!! FTW!! it's the best song in K-ON!! i'll never tire listening to it. and oh, FUYU NO HI too. my reason might be obvious. XDD

ooh,btw, i'm like above 20 actually, and i think i'd still find myself listening to the k-on! songs with the never fading smile on my face in years to come. and yeah,i'll have my kids get hooked with it too.XD mah, but i'm going to be a parent soon. L0L.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 03:25   Link #1513
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'll post one in each category:

Opening Song: "Utauyo! MIRACLE". It's so damn cute and defines everything that K-ON is.
Ending Song: "NO, Thank You!!". A powerful song that gives the adorable characters a darker tone.
Insert Song: "Watashi no Koi wa Hocchikisu". A solid track, and the accompanying performance video was one of the best moments in the show.
Single (B-sides): "Tsubasa wo Kudasai". This track is insanely groovy. I love how every character sings in it (except Azu-nyan T_T), and the interlude before the solo is unforgettable.
Season 1 Character Songs (A-sides): "Gitah ni Kubittake". What a rockin' song; that solo at the beginning always trips me up like no other K-ON song I try to cover does.
Season 1 Character Songs (B-sides): "Oui! Ai Kotoba". Aw, Ui is so adorable, and her seiyuu shines in this cute song.
Season 2 Character Songs (A-sides): A tie between "Uki Uki New! My Way" and "Diary wa Fortessimo". Both songs were upbeat, catchy, and insanely adorable. Azusa's "Over The Starlight" came very close to making the list as well.
Season 2 Character Songs (B-sides): My first and only tie! "Joyful Todays" and "Midnight Superstar". Azusa's B-track is so unforgettably catchy and upbeat, and Jun's has a funky jazz feel to it. What snags my love for "Midnight Superstar" is when Jun giggles at the end. It's so damn adorable.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-01-25 at 04:29.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 05:22   Link #1514
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Don't Say "lazy"
The song that got me hooked onto K-ON! in the first place. Remixes of this song are pretty good too (DJ Amaya and anporin).

Happy?! Sorry!!
The sheer non-seriousness, super-hero like tone of the song makes like it.

Most of the other songs are pretty damn good as well. My other favourites are No, Thank you!, Listen!!, Kirakira Days, and Honey sweet tea time.
Old 2011-01-22, 09:14   Link #1515
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Wow, the answers are really various. Looks like deciding one song as the most favourite is quite difficult indeed

and it seems that NO, Thank You! got the most mention which is also my most loved ED song.
Old 2011-01-22, 12:08   Link #1516
trenton_dawn
Silt

I'll follow papermario's lead:

Opening Song: I have to agree. Utauyo! MIRACLE is amazing, with a fast, energetic, and lighthearted beat.
Ending Song: I actually have to go with Listen for this one. Not quite as rock-oriented, but still strong, and the main riff is catchy as hell.
Insert Song: Pure Pure Heart. As much as I like the season one inserts, this song had me from the get-go with its prominent piano parts.
Single (B-sides): Kira Kira Days, I think. Fast and catchy, with a really wailing solo (short though it may be).
Season 1 Character Songs (A-sides): It was hard to decide this one. Heart Goes Boom takes first place, due to its powerful driving bass part, but Gita and Girly Storm are so close behind.
Season 1 Character Songs (B-sides): Watashi wa Watashi no Michi Iru. It was when I first heard this song that I really decided I liked Azusa. Man, she sings with so much attitude in both her songs!
Season 2 Character Songs (A-sides): Over the Starlight. Yeah, I might be kind of biased toward Azusa, but the heavily distorted guitar parts are what kept me.
Season 2 Character Songs (B-sides): I feel the same way. Can't decide between Joyful Todays and Midnight Superstar. Maybe after some more listens, one will pull ahead, but for now they're about dead even.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 12:20   Link #1517
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Talking about K-ON! songs, which K-ON! song do you guys like the best?
I have four favorites that I can't choose between. In no particular order: NO, Thank You - cause it's awesome. Tenshi ni Furetayo because it's beautiful, and I think clearly the most meaningful of all K-On songs. Hotchkiss and Fudepen because to me, they're the ultimate of "classic" K-On and I always get a special feeling that I can't really define when I listen to them.

BTW - ticket sales for the Come With Me!! live opened today. Who's going?
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 13:43   Link #1518
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

My turn:

Opening Song: Pretty much a tie between GO! GO! MANIAC and Utauyo! MIRACLE. Both songs are catchy as hell and have a very good beat to them.

Ending Song: NO, Thank You! is pretty much the only ED I actually liked, the rest were mediocre (Listen!) to just plain annoying (Don't Say Lazy) to me.

Insert Song (season 1): Tenshi ni Furetayo!, closely followed by LOVE. The first song literally sends shivers down my spine and the second is just plain awesome.

Single B-sides: Happy?! Sorry!! is by far #1 for me. A very fun song at rapid speed, just what I like.

Season 1 Character Songs (A-sides): Gitah ni Kubittake. Cheery and upbeat, fits Yui perfectly.

Season 1 Character Songs (B-sides): Watashi wa Watashi no Michi Iru. It's the ONLY B-side I can actually stomach, the rest pretty much faded into obscurity for me.

Season 2 Character Songs (A-sides): Either Seishun Vibration or Junjou Bomber!

Season 2 Character Songs (B-sides): Midnight Superstar. I am quite impressed with Jun's singing qualities and I loved the whole jazzy feel to that song.
Old 2011-01-22, 13:55   Link #1519
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Great picks, everyone

Looks like we're all in agreement; Midnight Superstar is amazing.
Old 2011-01-23, 00:31   Link #1520
trenton_dawn
Silt

Okay, here's a question I've always had about NO, Thank You--am I the only one who dislikes the slow break in the bridge? That's the one thing that keeps it from being my favorite ED song.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote