Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-25, 12:51   Link #21
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
OP ain't about battles...in fact the best parts are outside battles...OP is all about the adventure and the crew!

I don't get why people only want battles battles battles! This ain't Bleach or whatever...
technically i enjoy this more than fishman battle

but yeah i mean i hope we find something interesting (story wise) letter. they kinda bit drag on (not really by much).

Old 2012-01-25, 12:54   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The most amazing thing about One Piece is the world itself, Oda spent the most amount of time researching on cultures and environments to create it.

There are lots of manga with amazing battles, but no other manga has more diverse and intricate detail in its setting. At the start of every arc and island Oda provides us with carefully detailed establishing panels and shows us the culture of its inhabitants, all of them unique and interesting.

One Piece is about adventure and Oda gave us that with an amazing world.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-01-25, 12:56   Link #23
KMB
Wanderer

Location: No one place. I've been around and will probably continue to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
technically i enjoy this more than fishman battle

but yeah i mean i hope we find something interesting (story wise) letter. they kinda bit drag on (not really by much).
I've heard that critique about One Piece quite often, and I think it's a fair one, but you got to think about the author - I think the reality is that Oda's mind is just too frikkin crazy, and he keeps thinking of new and grander things and details he wants to throw in, making the story more far-reaching, and therefore, longer. Remember, he said that One Piece was supposed to only be a 5 year manga, and it's been almost 15 already with no foreseeable end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The most amazing thing about One Piece is the world itself, Oda spent the most amount of time researching on cultures and environments to create it.

There are lots of manga with amazing battles, but no other manga has more diverse and intricate detail in its setting. At the start of every arc and island Oda provides us with carefully detailed establishing panels and shows us the culture of its inhabitants, all of them unique and interesting.

One Piece is about adventure and Oda gave us that with an amazing world.
Well put. I definitely agree.
Old 2012-01-25, 15:02   Link #24
skypic

Definitely, it's all about the adventure.

I'm wondering if anyone else thinks that the whitestorm could have been a way for whitebeard and shanks to travel around?
Luffy mentions that it's the 'warp zone' of his dreams.
Possible future way of traveling around?

It would seem complicated though. First you'd have to coat your ship, then travel down to find the whitestorm. Maybe a way to insta coat your ship and a compass to find the white storm?
Old 2012-01-25, 15:50   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Awesome chapter, it's these chapters that make me love One Piece so much!
Especially when we see Nami's feet.
Old 2012-01-25, 16:19   Link #26
marvelB

BTW, what I find most interesting about the ministory is that Lola's crew didn't seem to travel far from the Florian Triangle since the TB arc. I wonder if them being at Water 7 (which is close to the GL's halfway point to begin with) means that they'll be making a return trip to the New World soon....?
Old 2012-01-25, 16:24   Link #27
karumofin

For some reason I have always been under the impression that Water 7 is going to move around (don't remember why though), so...
Old 2012-01-25, 16:32   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
For some reason I have always been under the impression that Water 7 is going to move around (don't remember why though), so...
Well Iceberg did state that his newest plan is to transform Water 7 into a floating island like the sea train, floating over Aqua Laguna.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-01-25, 16:37   Link #29
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 654
That was an okay chapter. The place were they surfaced looked similar to Urouge first entrance to the New World with all the lightning around them. Nice details in this chapter, both art and information wise. Sanji is a funny guy.
Old 2012-01-25, 16:38   Link #30
AdventSleeper

Woohoo! Back to the adventure. I love chapters like these with the crew just screwin around and a giant world to explore.

Not to mention Nami was a plus this chapter
Old 2012-01-25, 16:41   Link #31
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hahah, Sanji cracked me up with his headcount.

Nami was sweet, sweet eye candy.

Had to play this when Brooks started playing.

It made it so much more awesome than it already was.
Old 2012-01-25, 16:44   Link #32
Rainbowman

Review time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "GAM" (as in a group of whales). Ministory features Kiwi and Mozu (aka the square sisters), as well as Lola's crew, apparently.
It's good to see Kiwi and Mozu which is a relief from Kokoro who lacks so much beauty it makes some guys squirm. Of course I find it surprising that Lola and her crew would appear as well. Talk about your 2 for 1 sale.

Quote:
-Sanji and Brooke peep at Nami while she's bathing alongside Chopper. Meanwhile, the monster trio are fishing, but soon encounter a group of whales who come from Laboon's tribe! The cetaceans guide the crew to the New World's entrance.....
I bet Nami gave Sanji and Brook a beating for being the peeping toms that they are. Also if she let Chopper bathe alongside her, why couldn't she do the same for Luffy? It would be a highlight for me to see that which would force Sanji to peep at Robin instead. In other news the whales showing the New World entrance is quite a spectacle.

Quote:
But hey, here's a little something else to digest if you're disappointed with the minimal spoilers: THE VOLUME 65 COVER!

Spoiler:

Nice to finally get the enemies in color (though I would have liked to have seen them BEFORE their anime appearance). And hey, Red Hawk Luffy looks badass, too. I also find it interesting that Fukaboshi is on the cover, as well (but then again, he actually did help Luffy during the battle). As always, I'm looking forward to the SBS!
With Hody in the background it looks like that his hair in his behemoth mode is as white as his skin. I find that cool in an eerie way. I sure hope volume 65 reveals alot more unnamed Devil Fruit.
Old 2012-01-25, 18:52   Link #33
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Usopp's face in the panel with "burnt Sanji" reminded me of this:

I think it's the beard he now has.

Anywho, while not the most eventful chapter it's great to see the Strawhats finally re-surface in the New World. It's been a long time but they're finally half-way through the Grand Line.~

I'm very anxious for the next arc. Next week can't come soon enough.
Old 2012-01-25, 19:49   Link #34
Undertaker

Quote:
BTW, what I find most interesting about the ministory is that Lola's crew didn't seem to travel far from the Florian Triangle since the TB arc. I wonder if them being at Water 7 (which is close to the GL's halfway point to begin with) means that they'll be making a return trip to the New World soon....?

Another thing I find interesting is the White Storm. This twist potentially allows SH to miss potential confrontation with Smoker and G5 troops as well as well as randomly throw them off starting islands.

And, yes Nami is freakin' hot, and all we need now is a shower scene for Robin.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:44   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ok first I was like the cover page was rather nice.

Then I was like Nami-swan~!

Then I was like Sanji and Brooke will never learn.

Then I was all like ...Nami-swan~~~!

It was a great start for thechapter, I'm most def not gonna deny that

Gotta say glad Oda's playing on the Nami/Chopper interactions, by this I mean Nami is perfectly fine with Choppers presense like so.
I see it as a older sister/younger brother thing but without any of the "nasty" business involved
Chopper's innocence and disinterest in the female human form that makes him great for these moments when it comes to both Nami and Robin.
I think I'll always see him as the innocent wee brother to the 2.

Rest of the chapter well kinda pales in comparison to the start but still very amusing stuff none the less
The crew are really at their comedy best when up to these types of silly antics.
Sanji's headcount was hilarious or more to the point Sanji is hilarious when it comes to the girls

Looking forward to whats to come, can't even begin to imagine at what Oda will conjure up!
Old 2012-01-25, 23:23   Link #36
KMB
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Looking forward to whats to come, can't even begin to imagine at what Oda will conjure up!
That's one of the nice things about chapters like this - you don't know what to expect and anything can happen next. Cliffhangers are cool too, but if overused, they can get lame as well as make my blood pressure high.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:24   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Especially when we see Nami's feet.
Hmmmmmmmm Feeeeeeetttttt~
Old 2012-01-26, 04:08   Link #38
ronin myael
lost ronin

so okay, this chapter may be a bit lackluster than the previous ones but i enjoyed it immensely. battles are fun and exciting but it's chapters like these that make one piece all the more entertaining.

sanji cracked me up with his "something sweet and yummy..." comment, his getting all charred up and his obsession with fish. well, zoro, luffy and usopp seem to have shared his obsession with it. "what is more important, the fish or your life?!"

i love this chapter!
Old 2012-01-26, 04:55   Link #39
KMB
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
sanji cracked me up with his "something sweet and yummy..." comment, his getting all charred up and his obsession with fish. well, zoro, luffy and usopp seem to have shared his obsession with it. "what is more important, the fish or your life?!"
I'm glad they were able to keep the fish, thanks to the whales helping them through the Whitestrom. That would have been some loss.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:35   Link #40
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Is everybody here? I hope noone got lost in whitestrom. Time for a headcount! Nami Swan

HAAAIIIII

Robin Chwan

HAII

Ok we are fine. Lets GOOOOO.

I spurted out my soda while reading that. Now I gotta clean the damn sticky keyboard.
Closed Thread